Daytona Beach, FL
"seeking an opportunity to help communities create, attract and help their businesses grow. I even created a program: D.I.E.T. to facilitate a community’s growth"
Overview: As necessary for me to succeed for over twenty-years, I developed my skill-set and leadership within challenging markets and economies to assure the best profitable results while I grew from: [B2C/B2B] ‘Account Rep’ to ‘Regional Sales & Service Manager’ to ‘VP of National Sales’ to ‘Regional and National Business Development Strategist' for The Dun & Bradstreet Corporation and Bank of America, and business development instructor. I am able to help most any business – and even a community -- grow in a profitable manner... in less time!
Based on my professional and ‘worldly bottom-up, top-down business development and management experiences’, especially within and always successful in challenging markets and economies, even volunteering in my SE Pennsylvania hometown along with conducting national research, I am seeking an opportunity to help communities create, attract and help their businesses grow. I even created a program: D.I.E.T. to facilitate a community’s growth:
• Determination – ‘it’s a mind-set’.
• Impact Investing – mega-investors seeking financial and even social growth returns.
• Education – my curriculum: ‘Optimizing Opportunity 6 + 10: Marketing, Sales & Entrepreneurship’.
• T.E.A.M.S. – for developing accountability and responsibility.
Please review my resume and I believe you will realize the unique value and energy I offer.
Objective: A hi-level position requiring: expert analysis, creation and management of business and even economic development; expertly balancing marketing and selling for closing more profitable sales in less time.
Mission: “Succeed -- to even exceed expectations -- where others have failed... as already proven!”
BIO: Professional Business Development and Management... From the ‘bottom-up, to the top-down’, even involved with thousands of businesses up to the C-levels of Fortune 1000s, I believe I have experienced – ‘hands-on’ – almost every possible situation and condition within ‘professionally-persistent business development’ leadership within my twenty-year career. After graduating from college, I began and succeeded within business-to-consumer [B2C] selling and continued upward into business-to-business [B2B] selling involving franchised dealer sales and management, regional to national B2B sales and service staff management in typically challenging markets and economies, recruited, hired, created, trained sales and service staff, managed corporate embarrassments and assisted with the re-organization of a multi-national corporation: The Dun & Bradstreet Corporation, been involved with: the R&D for the creation and launch of a new national ventures with Bank of America and beyond that specifically required my engagement and negotiations with C-levels of Fortune 1000s... Whirlpool, SEARS, Home Depot, GE, John Deere, etc., assisted with and completed business plans, provided sales coaching that included the creation and instruction of my curriculum: ‘Optimizing Opportunity 6 + 10: Sales, Marketing & Entrepreneurship’ at Montgomery County Community College [MCCC] and S.C.O.R.E. My main interest and mission now is ‘passionately providing-back’ -- directly and indirectly helping businesses and even local communities to even the national economy -- so they are able to utilize the best business development skills and proactive work-ethic practices necessary for always achieving the ‘best-profitable results'... in less time!
My Current Projects: Founder of 'Profitable Progressions' and presenter of 'Optimizing Opportunities'; Volunteer to improve attraction, retention and creation of businesses; Co-founder and developer of an social-economic program – D.I.E.T. -- that includes Impact Investing for numerous small to large community projects.
Achievements based on expert levels of my ‘6P's of Marketing’ and ‘10-Steps of Selling’ within: Initiation of Business Relationships & Development with C-levels, ‘Win-Win-Win Negotiating & Closing’, Leadership & Management, Solicitation & Discovery, Market Analysis & Development, Concept Development, Presenting.
* Most Beneficial to Businesses & Entrepreneurs: From my experience, created & taught ‘Optimizing Opportunity: Sales, Marketing, & Entrepreneurship’ at Montgomery County Community College & S.C.O.R.E.
* Most Challenging & Interesting: Consumer-Centric ‘New B2B/B2C Channel Development’ as VP- National Sales; Initially supported the successful Research & Development and launch of new national business concept, initiating and engaging relationships with Fortune 1000s that benefited them, small businesses, and consumers.
* Most Gratifying: Hired, continually trained, developed & managed ‘professionally-persistent’, continually successful regional-to-national sales/service teams in challenging markets and economies.
* Most Rewarding: Initiated the idea, personally researched, negotiated and supported the creation of ‘the largest revenue, most complex credit information service ever signed’ in the Mid-Atlantic Region for The Dun & Bradstreet Corporation.
...you cannot change nor improve-upon what you don’t acknowledge.
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Director, National Business Analyst & Development
January 2004 to Present
• Guest Instructor: Montgomery County Community College – Entrepreneurialism/Business Development.
• Author and lead presenter of [my] curriculum: ‘Optimizing Opportunity 6 + 10 / Everybody Sells & Everybody Services: Marketing, Sales & Entrepreneurship’© for clients
• Prospective developer of a ‘Business Incubator’ helping entrepreneurs and small businesses.
• Fundraising: Leader/Producer of Dance Marathon & 4-Day Custom Car Show/Battle of the Bands.
• Business & Community Economic Development Volunteer: Although much younger than of its member qualifications, was recruited by S.C.O.R.E. of the SBA and promoted to Co-Chair.
• Consultant to Bank of America - developing competitive advantages various loan programs.
Vice President of National Sales
1997 to 2004
Performed the research and tactical development of a 'direct-to-consumer-sales-network' benefiting residential real estate firms and homebuyers/sellers; Identified, solicited, negotiated and closed complex agreements with Fortune 500s, such as Sears, Whirlpool, Penske, John Deere, SelectComfort, CNA, etc.
National Accounts Manager
1992 to 1997
Achieved double-to-triple digit revenue growth within strategic and major national accounts from [my] self-motivated and self-developed strategies and tactics with C-levels at banks, insurance companies, multi-national manufactures and wholesalers.
1988 to 1992
Specifically for the State of Virginia, recruited, interviewed, hired, managed, and continually developed an inside/outside multi-region sales, service, support staff.
Divisional Sales Manager
1982 to 1987
Recruited, interviewed, and hired as needed, then continually coached, developed, and managed a young and inexperienced inside/outside multi-region sales team and support staff for Central to Northern Ohio Regions. Resolved former hi-turnover of staff. Exceeded all sales objectives versus challenging economic market ['rust-belt'] conditions.
1981 to 1982
Initiated sales of new contracts and renewed existing client contracts, assuring the accurate & timely delivery of commercial credit and marketing information. Exceeded sales objectives in rust-belt of Northeast Philadelphia.
More than eighteen years of professional strategic and tactical business development experience; regional sales/service team management creation and management: hiring, training, continual coaching & professionally-persistent management in challenging markets & economies for new and existing national ventures and new concepts; initiation of new marketing channels between Fortune 1000s and small for consumers… helping businesses develop more profitable business in less time.
• S.C.O.R.E., Pottstown Chapter #594 – Co-Chair [although not old enough, recruited & developed curriculum]
• TriCounty Area Chamber of Commerce, Pottstown, PA
• Pottstown Classics Car Club
• ‘Eyes to the Future’ – founder and current member; community economic re-development group.