Highly regarded Subject Matter Expert in corporate governance with a breadth of experience in business conduct, compliance, ethics, HR, corporate policy, procedure development, budget planning and customer relations. Proven program and project management experience including leadership, development and execution of highly visible programs and projects. Extensive experience leading mission support teams related to launch vehicle and satellite systems integration and operations. Solid business acumen with exceptional analytical and strategic thinking skills, capacity to understand complex organizations and ability to manage and evaluate multiple large-scale projects. Ambitious, organized, self-motivated, overachiever with strong initiative to thrive, personable team player with an appetite for creativity and results.
Corporate Ethics / Compliance Officer & Business Partner
October 2009 to Present
Coaching and educating Boeing executives and business partners ensuring all ethics and compliance sponsored initiatives and strategies are embedded in business plans and activities are initiated in accordance with company Ethics and Business Conduct policy. Lean+ initiatives and Process Improvement focal and Training & Development specialist for Office of Internal Governance (OIG).
• Responsible for promoting the Boeing Code of Conduct and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
• Subject Matter Expert (SME) developing and executing long range business plans (LRBP) and applying best practices to complex Ethics/HR issues for the company.
• Working knowledge of compliance laws, including FCPA, UKBA, anti-trust, insider trading, SOX, Dodd-Frank, privacy laws, import/export and related areas.
• Partnering with Boeing executives to drive business results by actively engaging in the development and execution of business strategies, across businesses units, by defining and aligning integrated Ethics and HR strategies.
• Collaborating with HR on common issues, business challenges, strategies and initiatives in support of leadership teams and business partners.
• Developing and presenting an effective and efficient business plan to successfully support current and future business strategies, initiatives and activities.
• Mitigating business risks through continuously driving individual responsibility and accountability for ethical decision making and promoting ethical decision making models, processes and tools.
• Developing valued processes and procedures applicable for conducting local and international business in anticipation of arising issues.
• Coaching Boeing leaders on leadership behaviors and practices, employee communication, development and performance management strategies and tactics to promote engagement and a culture of continuous growth and development.
• Initiating and coordinating investigations by identifying appropriate investigative agency (e.g., Audit, Human Resources, Legal, Intellectual Property, Management, Security, etc.) and, where applicable, providing advice and counsel for appropriate solutions to concerned parties in order to promote an ethical culture for appropriate solutions to the concerned parties.
• Benchmarking effective training programs by developing and delivering ethics training and materials, identifying, developing and presenting ethics data while ensuring that all programs and initiatives meet global needs by using a variety of multimedia resources to teach, coach and share information about ethics and business conduct guidelines both inside and outside the company.
• Managing the application of company ethics and business conduct policy to reported issues including confronting and addressing difficult issues to appropriate levels of management for remedial action.
• Providing advice, analyses of trends and root causes to identify areas of risk, recommending program or process changes, influencing corrective action and building on industry best practices.
• Developing and facilitating focus group sessions to discuss topics such as employees survey results, open and honest communication, team building and leadership matters.
• Promoting a diverse and inclusive culture while developing integrated initiatives and solutions to advance Organization objectives.
• Developing and delivering of programs, services, and special events at local colleges and universities by promoting diversity, ethics, compliance and opportunities at Boeing.
Mission Support Lead
March 2008 to October 2009
Managed a team developing multiple corporate projects including the Learning Management System, Lean+ Training Program and the standardization of the operation’s integration process and associated procedures and requirements.
• Coordinated Export Compliance and Defense Threat Security Agency approval process for ITAR.
• Provided Mission Director Organization with technical support from Pre-Campaign coordination, through Campaign Operations and concluding with Post Campaign activities.
• Developed, maintained, collaborated, issued, distributed and tracked all controlled documents in accordance with the company policies required to support launch operations.
• Prepared and presented training and certification metric briefings for all levels of employees and management and updated policies and procedures to meet standardization criteria.
• Managed Launch Crew mission planning, cross training and crew depth/breadth.
• Developed and implemented the Sea Launch Training Program to address enterprise wide training.
• Developed and managed the new Sea Launch Learning Management System (LMS) and a web-based Lessons Learned database software package.
• Developed a standardized Test Conductors Certification program and Executive Readiness Review Process.
• Continued all responsibilities listed below under Project Management Specialist.
Project Management Specialist - Mission Director Office
June 2002 to March 2009
Managed the Sea Launch Lessons Learned Program and the Certification Program providing the Mission Director Organization with metric data and technical support from pre-campaign coordination, through campaign operations and concluding with post campaign activities, which also included participating as a member of the Operations Certification Board and the Launch Crew Certification Board.
• Responsible for continued development of policies and procedures and coordination of integration documentation, presentations and briefings, and coordination of integration meetings with Russian Partners and payload customers.
• Coordinated and published technical documents in collaboration with team members.
• Provided support to the scheduling team and coordinated an Integrated Schedule for all partners.
• Integrated program plans and schedules across company functional groups, suppliers and partners.
• Conducted daily scheduling meeting with all partners, customers and management.
• Performed schedule-related risk and opportunity analyses, identified and resolved critical path and conflicts.
• Provided support to the Chief System Engineering Office and Director of Mission Assurance during critical operations and engineering review boards.
• Analyzed mission data, conducted root-cause analysis to identify areas of risk and mitigating factors of potential risk.
• Provided support to the Business Development team, developing marketing policies and procedures.
• Prepared and coordinated major readiness reviews from Hardware Acceptance Reviews, to System Readiness Reviews, to Mission Readiness Reviews, to Launch Readiness Reviews.
• Coordinated Export Compliance and Defense Threat Security Agency approval process.
• Planned Launch viewing events for domestic and international customers, employees and guests, working with vendors and suppliers, developing and managing schedule and budget.
Technical and Training Specialist - Mission Director Office
May 1999 to November 2002
Increased the scope of the Sea Launch Company's training program and became responsible for training coordination and personnel certification for entire company. Served as Ethics Training coordinator for Sea Launch and led team to achieve 100% success in completion of Annual Ethics Training in 2001 and 2002 and received an award from the Boeing Ethics.
• Training Coordinator solely responsible for the Sea-launch Company’s training program, training coordination, personnel certification for entire company, development of training policies and procedures, presentations and briefings.
• Developed all technical staff and management training and certification requirements for Boeing and Non-Boeing employees working for Sea Launch during launch integration and operations activities.
• Solely responsible for designing the technical training courses for each operational position as well as certification of Boeing personnel & Launch Operations mission crew certification.
• Responsible for delivering weekly tracking reports on training progress to VP of Operations and Company Directors during program reviews.
• Secured and managed training budget and provided timely data to managers.
• Proven experience of the sourcing strategies, negotiations and documenting of contracts and agreements.
• Lessons Learned Coordinator uniquely tasked to develop the Sea Launch Lessons Learned program and solely responsible for managing the company’s lessons learned process and software.
• Participated in the development and implementation of Configuration and Data Management tools, standards, processes and systems.
• Developed and implemented the new Sea Launch Document Control and Release Process.
• Developed and coordinated all Launch Vehicle/Payload Integration Meetings & Readiness Reviews.
• Provided support to the marketing team, creating the design of the company website and its content.
• Created the first Launch viewing event for customers and employees and subsequently planned each event from that point forward.
September 1998 to September 1999
•Provided real-time interpretation and documentation translation support for numerous hardware operations and integration activities, including hazardous operations, technical interchange meetings with Russian and Ukrainian partners, which included Defense Threat Reduction Agency interpretation responsibilities.
•Performed real-time interpretation during the inaugural launch.
Assistant Designer of Leather Goods
April 1993 to September 1998
•Responsible for production of a new line of products called “StudioHD2” and designing new catalogs.
•Coordinated with international factories in Italy, Brazil, Spain, and China.
•Implemented new procedures to promote new products to remain current with fashion and styles for company’s new product lines.
•Participated in marketing of new products in newspaper and fashion magazines such as: The Los Angeles Times, Orange County Register, Teen, Good Housekeeping and Glamour magazines.
B.A. in Product Design and Technology
1985 to 1989
Boeing and Seal Launch Awards
Boeing Achievement Award: 2000, 2002, Feb 2003, Jul 2003, 2007, Mar 2011, Dec 2011, Mar 2012
Sea Launch Certificates of Appreciation: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008 and 2009
MS Office, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, MS Access, MS Project, Visio, Pivot Tables, FileMaker, SharePoint, Risk Tools, Policy Tool, Master Control, WebEx, Bert, PeopleSoft, Boeing My Learning, LTD, and Travel Management Systems.
Secret, November 2009
Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) Access, August 2008