Senior Regulatory Test Engineer
September 2011 to Present
Responsibilities: Responsible for managing regulatory testing, scheduling and submittals to compliance agencies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Work with product development, product management and outside agencies to: Remain current with regulatory standards impacting ULT products;
Research and investigate new standards as they apply;
Advise product designers on standards requirements;
Manage regulatory test staff;
Maintain data acceptance programs
Prepare new product submittals to regulatory agencies;
Interact with regulatory bodies to interpert standards as they apply to ULT products;
Train regulatory and development staff on regulatory compliance issues;
Manage regulatory schedules and costs;
Represent ULT at standards organizations;
Organize meetings and generate reports stating ULT's position on compliance;
Coordinate with Lab manager and Calibration department to maintain regulatory lab accreditation;
April 2009 to September 2011
Responsibilities: Responsible for coordinating daily operations of the Regulatory Department; Interpretation of Regulatory Standards; Participation in Project teams; Manages all data submittal; Tracks and reports progress of Regulatory Projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• New product submittals to safety agencies.
• Perform electrical testing on products to determine compliance with safety standards
• Agency Submittals - registration maintenance and information gathering in keeping current on all registrations and relevant information.
• Develops and leads regulatory activities by partnering with internal engineering and production resources.
• Supports Design Engineering on agency constraints for new product designs & product upgrades.
• Provide subject matter expertise on applicable regulatory compliance rules (standards and processes)
• Liaise with external organizations (e.g. UL, CSA) that define certification requirements, for the purpose of monitoring/influencing activity, maintaining currency and minimizing impact to the business.
• Provide engineering approval of technical evidence files to ensure regulatory compliance.
• Familiar with UL935, CSA 22.2 No. 74,UL8750 & 1310 as well as related safety standards associated with Electronic Ballasts & LED Drivers.
• Conducting all testing and recording in compliance with ISO/IEC 17025.
• Coordinate 3rd party testing.
• Certified by Underwriters Laboratories Inc., to meet Client Test Data Program requirements.
• Certified by Canadian Standards Association, to meet Category Certification requirements.
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, ASK software, SharePoint, and MS Project.
April 2008 to April 2009
Responsibilities: Test and evaluate designs based on Design Verification Test Results to ensure product quality. Provide independent evaluation/validation of product prior to release and works with manufacturing to resolve issues with released products.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: • Define and perform product validation testing, automating tests wherever possible.
• Document and communicate design guidelines as necessary.
• Assist development, marketing, component engineering and quality with ballast expertise.
• Review designs and advise on possible improvements.
• Perform fundamental ballast design calculations
• Familiar with Word, Excel, MathCad, Pcad, Pspice, SABER and Reflections.
Electronic Engineering Technician
May 2007 to April 2008
May 2007-April 2008
Responsibilities: Analysis at concept, design, fabrication, test, installation and operation of ballasts and controls for commercial lighting applications.
Duties included: Perform diagnosis and corrective action on electronic linear fluorescents,
HID's and compact fluorescent controls to identify root causes of failures in order to designate as build or design related.
Electronic Engineering Technician
September 2005 to May 2007
Sept. 2005-May. 2007
Responsibilities: Primary function was to provide "real-time" technical troubleshooting,
diagnosis, and corrective action support for electronic assemblies being produced on/in a
high-volume, high-throughput manufacturing line; including complete analysis of a product
tester and manufacturing process data to ascertain root causes of issues.
Duties included: The reporting of process issues to appropriate line support personnel,
determination of where corrective actions need to be applied (process or product), and repair of non-conforming products for diagnostics.
Staged Tire Auditor
July 1997 to September 2005
Responsibilities: Operated staged tire building machines in constructing tires to several
prescribed auto-specifications; ensured quality and safety in accordance with US Dept. of Transportation Guidelines. (Plant Closed)
Assistant Section Manager
April 1993 to July 1997
Responsibilities: Coordinated with the Department Section Manager in maintaining
operational duties of the Press and Fabrication Shops to include: general maintenance of equipment, scheduling weekly work loads, individual personnel training and safety
training in accordance with OSHA Standards.
B.S. in Electrical Engineering Technology
A.A.S. in Industrial Electronics Technology
1982 to 1985
Certifications DAP(Data Acceptance Programs),CTDP (Client Test Data Programs) with Underwriters Laboratories & Canadian Standards Associations multiple Safety & Compliance Standards
COMPUTER SKILLS: Full knowledge of SharePoint Structure;
Microsoft Office, Upgrading and Repairing PC's,
Programming with VHDL and familiar with the
basics of C++ Language: including Top Down Design
including Syntax; Control Structures; Preprocessor-
Directives; and techniques of Algorithms and Problem
Solving, using the C++ language to understand and
implement loops, selections, arrays, & functions.
Charles A. Arnold
2 MILITARY HISTORY: