Virginia Beach, VA
To obtain a position working in the human services or educational/training field.
Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity (NGRI) Case Manager IV
December 2011 to Present
- Serves as the agency liaison to provide discharge planning, coordination of legal activities, and intensive case management for NGRI clients. Provides field supervision for Case Manager II and Case Manager III staff.
- Assists Coordinators and Supervisor with assessing and improving staff competencies by providing clinical field supervision for referred staff.
- Assesses clients’ needs and develops, coordinates, and monitors Individualized Service Plans and Conditional Release Plans for clients on assigned caseload.
- Collaborates with other units of Norfolk CSB, treatment facilities, the courts, community resources, and state agencies in the provision of services.
- Maintains Case Management records, court reports, and accurate data in accordance with Norfolk CSB standards and Virginia statutes regarding NGRI clients.
- Provides expert testimony in court hearings regarding the least restrictive alternative and potential barriers to safety of the community.
Exceptional Family Member Program Liaison
November 2010 to September 2011
• Assisted military personnel with enrollment of family members into the military special needs EFMP program. Coordinated services with civilian and military treatment facilities.
• Acted as resource specialist for family members with special needs including medical, psychiatric/ psychological, and educational special needs.
• Provided classroom training to qualify military members as program points of contact for their commands. Provided briefs to family members on the program and assisted with educational and promotional displays to promote program.
April 2009 to November 2010
• Assisted and trained employees in performing mental health support services, tracked case load and client administrative requirements, and maintained policy compliance while carrying a personal case load of 19 clients in general, intensive, and co-occurring classifications.
• Facilitated Employment Group for NCSB clients to assist with all aspects of seeking, applying and maintaining employment.
Supportive Living Counselor
September 2007 to April 2009
• Performed in home studies to assess family needs and required services.
• Conducted case management for a 19 client caseload to ensure supportive living skills were being provided and services were being annotated correctly IAW State and Federal policies.
• Developed Individualized Service Plans for Seriously Mentally Ill clients of diverse age ranges.
• Responsible for ensuring all assessments, progress notes and periodic administrative requirements were completed in a timely manner and in accordance with all policy standards.
• Provided non-clinical counseling and monitored progress while working on planned goals.
• Referred clients to local services when needed and advocated on client's behalf to obtain services.
• Assisted clients with resolving personal and family conflict. Educated client on utilization of coping skills, adult daily living skills, and personal independence.
(Page 2 of 2)
Mental Health Counselor
January 2007 to August 2007
Center Virginia Beach, VA
• Conducted one-on-one interviews with psychiatric patients, designed and facilitated psycho educational groups and conducted patient assessments at an in-patient acute care psychiatric hospital with core emphasis in the Emotional Recovery Unit.
• Designed, implemented and facilitated a psycho educational group in Resiliency to approximately 200 patients.
Child Behavioral Specialist
January 2005 to May 2005
• Conducted one-on-one interactions with children in an instructional environment and managed extreme behavioral circumstances while providing informal counseling for children with problematic behavior in a residential facility for children ages 5 through 12.
Instructor / Supervisor
April 1992 to April 2003
• Responsible for the management and supervision of administration and production requirements of work center personnel. Utilized Microsoft Access and Excel to track personnel data, deadlines for periodic evaluations and training requirements.
• Supervised and directed a team of 11 qualified audit inspectors, tracking audit schedules, performing program inspections, drafting instructions for department programs, compiling data to identify trends in compliance, and training department personnel in program compliance.
• Facilitated instructional curriculum for six week intervals. Tracked participant performance, administration of exams and remedial training. Awarded Master Training Specialist for curriculum development and implementation of course improvements.
M.S. in Counseling (18 Credit Hours)
January 2006 to January 2006
B.A. in Human Services Counseling
January 2003 to January 2005
BS in Psychology (Double Major)
January 2003 to January 2005
Exceptional skill using Microsoft Office.