• Over six years of professional experience in handling insurance policies
• Excellent training and monitoring skills
• Strong knowledge of insurance regulations, instructions, safety rules and procedure manuals
• Good command over verbal and written communication
• Ability to calculate amounts and figures like percentage, discounts, commissions, interest and proportions
• Skilled in handling issues involving several variables in standardized situations
• Effective interpersonal communication and time management skills
Registered NASD Commission Analyst
February 2008 to December 2010
This position at One America dealt greatly with client relationships between sales representatives, brokers and Investment Advisors. I obtained new business and existing business request from nine regional offices. I was responsible for installing new 401(k) and 403(b) plans in various systems. This position also involved changing special pricing on retirement services plans as well. I was also responsible for training new employees and delegating specific workflows.
Commercial Claims Representative
September 2005 to November 2007
This position consisted of working in the commercial claims business department. I filed new commercial claims and dealt with commercial insurance policies. I was also responsible for adjusting work comp claims and property claims. Other responsibilities included issuing stop payments, issuing checks, direct billing and communication with nurse case managers as well as working with the Special Investigation Unit.
May 2004 to September 2005
At Elite Images I tracked business cost and expenses for the company. I was responsible for keeping track of the business work and accounts for the company. I assisted with various business needs including inventory tracking and new business marketing strategies. I was also responsible for employee scheduling and payroll.
B.A. in Psychology
Areas of Interest:
• To play an active role in administering retirement services programs and property and casualty insurance programs
• To maintain a familiarity with industry products, trends and concepts
• To service retirement services plans and benefits to clients based on their overall financial budget and plan
• To develop and maintain proactive referral relationships with Retail Investment Specialist and other branch staff