2010 to Present (6 years, 7 months)
Resolution of user trouble calls via telephone, email, walk-in and remote access tools. Team member supporting 600 teachers and support staff providing online educational services to 10,000 students across Pennsylvania. This involves multiple platforms, multiple operating systems, iPhones, iPads and Blackberries. All activity is logged in Microsoft CRM. Scope of support includes OS issues, application issues with full support for Microsoft Office Suite, network and desktop printer issues, network problems and VOIP telephones system support.
Participated in roll-out and start-up of new Shortel VOIP telephone system across 16 locations.
Manager, Physical Security
1998 to 2008 (10 years)
Managed access control, site security, audit management, guard services, surveillance, safety, disaster recovery, and business continuity.
• Hired and managed staff and contract security officers. Coordinated life safety activities.
• Primary security audit interface and authored documentation for ISO 20000, SAS 70, and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX).
• Served as site back-up representative for ISO 20000, business continuity plan developer, access control system administrator and CCTV and key control systems administrator.
• Successfully upgraded video surveillance equipment and business continuity plan.
• Implemented regular audits of raised floor compliance, access control, terminations, end-of-day reporting, access level assignments and usage.
Voice Network Engineer
Primary Voice Engineer for Pittsburgh Data Center.
• Supported 400+ users for voice services. Managed installation, moves, adds and deletes.
• Specified, coordinated, and managed upgrade of Voice PBX.
• Served as primary engineering contact for proprietary client application receiving voice calls from 90+ nations.
Managed all network procurement and vendor management activities for Pittsburgh division, supporting 15 engineers and 46 customers. Assisted in developing budget for Network Engineering Group.
• Developed workgroup database and managed cradle-to-grave asset management, dedicated circuit asset management, internal allocations, invoicing, purchase order processing, and IP address management.
• Implemented staging of network hardware for support customer networks. Trained and supported users in Asset Management system.
• Managed order development, logistics, procurement, receiving, asset tracking, and circuit tracking.
Regents in Business Administration
Certificate of National Registry Paramedics
Associate in Fire Science / EMS
Service Country: United States
Branch: US Navy
January 1969 to July 1971
Cisco C Voice
July 2007 to Present
Cisco Systems basic VOIP training .
Operating Systems: Windows 7, XP, 2000, NT, 98 MacOS 8-OSX 10.5.8 AVAYA G3siR12, S8700
Programming Languages: Filemaker Pro (FSA Developer) Version 5-11 Filemaker Pro Server
Peregrine Systems Service Center
Mac OS IP6 server software
Mac OSX Server X
Appleshare IP Server
NexSentry Nexwatch Access Control
RapidEye DVR and software
PC Experience: Windows NT, Windows XP, Windows 7, Macintosh OS
Networking: Macintosh Network
Software: Microsoft Office Suite; Access Control Software Microsoft Office 2010, 2007, 2003, 2000 Pro, XP Pro Microsoft Visio