Seeking a position as a Recruiter /Human Resources Staff
May 2013 to October 2013
• Recruits qualified healthcare workers for Government agencies, managed care organizations, health insurers and other large medical institutions.
• Advertise vacancies appropriately by drafting and placing adverts in different on-line job boards
• Recruit and maintain a qualified pool of applicants via a variety of sources – personal networking, cold calling, Internet, job fairs, advertisements, etc.
• Handled all administrative details of the candidate processes: application, interview, and hire
• Perform reference and other background checks as necessary
• Conducts market research, salary analysis, pricing proposals and draft for (TOPR) Task Order Proposal Request.
November 2011 to February 2013
• Administered various human resources plan and procedures for all company personnel as assigned
• Assisted with HR strategic planning and initiatives
• Assisted in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedure manual
• Assisted with developing department goals, objectives, and systems
• Assisted with compensation program; monitors performance evaluation program and revises as necessary
• Assisted with the developing and maintaining AAP - Affirmative Action Program and other employment law compliance such as SCA, FAR/DFAR, CFR, E.O. 11246, VEVRAA, Davis-Bacon and Related Act, Rehabilitation Act of 1973, FLSA, INA, etc.
• Filed EEO-1 and VETS 100 A reports annually; maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO and VETS 100 regulations
• Participated in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars
• Recommended new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and service performed
• Maintained (HRIS) Human Resource Information System records and complies reports from database
• Maintains quality control and verification of employee records
• Assisted with new hire orientation processing
• Assisted with in-house audits on Background checks, COBRA, New Hires and E-Verify
• New hire reporting to Federal, State and Local governments as required by law – Responsible for Worker's Compensation reporting (EAR - Employee Accident Report) and filing
• Supported in managing and controlling the company's (EMR) Experience Modification Rate – Safety violation investigation
• Processed I-9 verifications (E-verify) and tracking
• Processed for wage audits, post-employment verification, child- support and medical support order reporting and filing
• Handled FMLA administration
• Performed other related duties as required and assigned
Manager of Talent Acquisition
March 2011 to September 2011
• Advertising vacancies appropriately by drafting and placing adverts in different on-line job boards.
• Recruit and maintain a qualified pool of applicants via a variety of sources - personal networking, cold calling, Internet, job fairs, advertisements, etc.
• Handle all administrative details of the candidate processes: application, interview, and hire
• Perform reference and other background checks as necessary.
• Calling prospects and source for new business in healthcare market and build a strong network of prospects.
• Manage client relationships and negotiate contracts
• Effectively identify and analyze operational/process problems
December 2010 to March 2011
• Advertised vacancies appropriately by drafting and placing adverts in different on-line job boards.
• Searched and identified suitable candidates through cold calling to find the right person for the client's vacancy.
• Receiving and reviewing applications, managing interviews, briefing the candidate about the responsibilities, salary and benefits of the job.
• Requested references and checking the suitability of applicants before submitting their resume to clients.
• Prepared CV's and correspondence to forward to client in respect of suitable applicants.
• Organized interviews for candidates as requested by the clients and informing candidates about the result of their interview.
• Negotiated pay and salary rates and finalizing arrangement between client and candidates.
• Reviewed recruitment policies to ensure effectiveness of selection techniques and recruitment programs.
June 2008 to October 2010
Administered first aid; assisted with physical examinations and made basic clinical assessments in field units.
● Provided nursing care to sailors, marines and their family members.
● Administered medicine and collected specimens; assisted in the transportation of the sick and injured.
● Transcribed medical orders; wrote admission-nursing notes and discharged patients.
● Maintained medical record and mechanical equipment on the ward.
● Assisted in the procurement and distribution of supplies and equipment for field use and combat areas.
May 2007 to April 2008
Utilized job boards, developed recruitment program, sourced candidates, and coordinated hiring processes.
● Attended job fairs, assisted in-house recruitment effort, and performed cold calling to potential candidates.
● Interviewed candidates and referred them to the appropriate clinical services.
● Conducted orientation of new medical staff members.
● Established employee file for all new employees.
● Maintained health record filing system to ensure all records are current and compliant.
July 2005 to April 2007
Recruited, administered tests, interviewed, and refer qualified health care professionals to the appropriate facilities.
● Attended RN conventions, job fairs, in-house recruitment efforts, and other career related activities and makes arrangements for materials for these career fairs.
● Formulated and conducted new employee orientation for hospital nursing staff.
● Assisted the executive director in conceptualizing and placing advertisement on magazines and newspapers.
● Researched and currently implementing best recruitment strategies, resulting in a higher client- and employee satisfaction.
● Conducted qualitative study on the factors that influence per diem nurses' turnover and inactivity, which identified retention interventions that will promote customer service and nurses' satisfaction.
● Implemented a systematic tracking process to monitor new hires by charts, graph, and statistical analysis, which ensure maximum placement of new and reactivated registrants.
● Developed a new employee's flow chart that shows recruitment procedure from the day the applicant registered to the day applicant are deployed to their respective assignments.
● Revised orientation procedures manual for each hospital client, which increased compliance to hospital's policies and procedures.
● Designed and initiated "Employee Referral Program" for the company.
Human Resources Officer
December 2004 to July 2005
Recruited qualified health care professionals locally and internationally.
● Participated in the development of nurses' recruitment and retention plan strategies.
● Acquired new clients such as hospital, nursing homes, and clinics.
● Developed a reward and recognition initiative with nurses' recreational fairs and an establishment of library, which increased nurses' satisfaction.
● Generated $40,000.00 for the company in 5 days to supplement a hospital client for their staffing needs during a potential labor dispute.
● Conducted Facility Management/Retention by monthly monitoring and scheduled visit to promote positive relationship with clients.
● Generated monthly manpower reports for data analysis.
Human Resources Assistant
October 2004 to December 2004
Assisted in open house recruitment efforts
● Prepared and scheduled nurses candidates for interview
● Verified nurses pre-employment documentation
● Conducted background checks on new nurses
● Scheduled and screened full-time job applicants and coordinated applicant testing and pre-employment physicals.
● Managed and maintained employee information through computerized system
● Prepared marketing materials for job fairs.
Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management in Human Resources
2010 to 2014
MBA in MBA with a concentration in Human Resource Management
2011 to 2013
M.A. in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
B.S. in Psychology
Highly skilled in designing and implementing effective recruitment programs, retention strategies, and initiatives based on a sound research analysis. Experienced in applicant screening, employee orientation, evaluation, placement and training. Organized and can work well under high-pressure environment either independently or with a team
Lawson Human Capital Management Computer Software
Crescent Computer System
Citrix - Blue Search
(SPSS) Statistical Package for Social Sciences
MS Office Suite