Detail-oriented and dependable Accounting Professional with extensive leadership and clerical experience and an awarded United States Army Veteran.
August 2012 to Present
• Using QuickBooks, maintain parts inventory, enter daily sales journal entries, perform daily bank reconciliations, perform daily cash over/short review, perform weekly vendor statement reconciliations, process account payable/check run/credit card payments..
• Identify and review monthly journal entries, assist in the preparation of Corporate Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Statement of Cash Flows, Cash on Hand, Corporate Bank Statements, Store Bank statements, A/P aging, Prepaid and Accrued Liabilities.
• Perform variance analysis and identify erroneous transactions, review A/R and A/P for cleanup, review store performance and identify trends, prepare daily/weekly reporting, support other administrative functions, and perform special projects assigned by supervisor.
25Q, Multichannel Transmission Systems Supervisor
July 1988 to August 2009
Ending Rank: Staff Sergeant (Promotable). Honorable Discharge.
REPLACEMENT CENTER LIAISON
March 2007 to May 2009
of the Brigade Commander and the Brigade Command Sergeant Major in occupational classification, management of human resources and supervision of 2 personnel.
• Accurately processed requests for transfer or reassignment and assignment orders for more than 1,000 newly arrived service members and their families over a 2 year span to facilitate effective human resource control.
• Prepared reports on incoming personnel, prepared and maintained officer and enlisted records in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Acts.
• Generated monthly reports to headquarters offices regarding number of processed orders and coordinated onward transportation for over 3,000 service members and families throughout South Korea.
COMMUNICATIONS SECURITY CUSTODIAN
440th Signal Battalion, Darmstadt, Germany August 2003 - March 2007
• Successfully supervised 12 personnel as well as directing transport of classified information and material such as records and supply inventory for a 1,000 person unit to and from a combat zone with no loss.
• Maintained various supporting documents for reconciliation purposes, received reports and recorded corresponding entries for tracking amounts of classified material transferred.
• Prepared and sent notices to classified material controlling authority as well as picked up, transported, stored and turned in all of unit's training ammunition.
• Instrumental in raising an 800 person unit's weapons qualification percentage from 85% to 99% through articulate training for primary weapons marksmanship and range safety with no serious accidents in 3 years.
NODE CENTER SUPERVISOR
May 2002 to August 2003
Supervised the installation, operation and maintenance of Mobile Subscriber Equipment (MSE) and supervised up to 15 personnel in accomplishment of MSE setup and operation, records and reports.
MASTER OF ACCOUNTING & FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT in Certified Public Accountant exam preparation
MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION in Business, Management and Administration
GRADUATE CERTIFICATE in INFORMATION SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE in MANAGEMENT
•• Passed all four sections of the CPA exam (AUD – 94, REG – 90, FAR – 86, BEC - 86)
• Master of Accounting and Financial Management with CPA emphasis, Master of Business Administration Degree, Accounting and Finance concentration with Distinction, Graduate Certificate in Information Systems Management, in addition to a Bachelor of Science Degree in Management
• Understanding of GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley requirements and knowledge of financial statements, general ledger, budgets, income tax, depreciation, amortization, debits, credits and accounts payable and receivable.
• Educated in auditing, analysis, accounting ethics, cost accounting, external auditing and advanced managerial accounting.
• Highly adaptable and resourceful—rapidly learns new procedures and processes, quickly adjusts to changes in schedule, environment and organizational objectives.
• Offers visionary and creative leadership, backed by solid business acumen, acute financial management skills and highly developed interpersonal abilities.
ADDITIONAL TRAINING AND SKILLS
• Proficient in Windows 7 and XP, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access), Internet, and ACL Desktop (data analysis software for audit and financial professionals).
• Small Arms Master Marksman Course, 120 hours
• Local COMSEC Management Software Course Certification, 80 hours
• Standardized COMSEC Custodian Course Certification, 80 hours
• USAF Airlift Planner Course Certification, 80 hours
• Cable Systems Installer, 280 hours
• Basic Non Commissioned Officer Course, 480 hours
• Air Assault School, 80 hours
• Warrior Leaders Course, 160 hours
• Multichannel Communications Equipment Operator, 160 hours