Oyster Bay, NY
PORTFOLIO: http://www.dropshots.com/aandresakes (password zedzdead)
Vast Agency experience in Ar t Direction, Graphic Design and high-end digital Retouching across a variety of commercial and creative environments. Exceptional collaborative and interpersonal skills; provide leadership for creative team on design and production for multiple projects simultaneously. Dynamic team player with well developed written and verbal communication abilities. Experience in client and vendor relations and negotiations. Accustomed to performing in deadline driven environments with an emphasis on working within budget requirements on multiple active projects.
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
February 1998 to January 2015
As Art Director I lead concept, design and execution of innovative visual solutions. Provide innovative expertise and support, help define project scopes while delivering best in class creative and design content. Manage a team of designers. Provide innovative and creative thinking to lead projects from initial kickoff to finished production. Develop creative content and concepts both independently and collaboratively using cross channels including product design, advertorial, digital, social media and other marketing platforms.
• Maintains knowledge of the aesthetics of multiple brands, including Calvin Klein, CK, Coach, Nautica, Diane Von Furstenberg, Nike, Airlock, Marchon NYC, and Disney, to ensure graphic consistency across a broad platform.
• Solely responsible in decreasing the Creative Departments budget by bringing the retouching process in house and eliminating the need for out sourcing.
• Creative initiatives have:
- Increased sales for designer brands Flexon, Nautica and Nine West 40% from last year.
- National print advertising campaign reached 75,000 readers
- Reached more than 70,000 Facebook followers
• Personally contacted and complimented by Bo Derek following the publication of a retouched photo used in a highly successful ad campaign.
Senior Creative Manager/Graphic Designer/Retoucher
1994 to 1998
Directed the design team in the use of imagery, logos, and fonts to establish a custom visual style. Managed the design and production work-flows; reviewed design content to ensure graphic consistency across a broad platform.
BFA in Graphic Design
1983 to 1986
- Conceptualized and designed; Collateral materials, Ads, Catalogs, e-commerce, Look Books, Email Blasts, Brochures, Trade Show materials, Posters and Public Relations materials.
- Collaborate constructively with team members and clients to translate user needs and business goals into actionable experience-design strategies
- Work with a creative director to develop and establish visual design systems and concepts
- Demonstrate the ability to compose visually stunning, cutting-edge concepts on a wide range of projects from mobile application designs to consumer digital and print campaigns
- Design new and creative approaches to visualizing data that facilitates user understanding and is aesthetically beautiful
- Present design concepts to management and clients in a professional, inspirational and logical manner
- Articulate and support design decisions based on the goals of the project, the concept, established design strategy, and knowledge of design theory
- Collaborate with copywriters, motion designers, user experience architects and developers to develop and iterate a visual design that exceeds the goals of the project
- Develop style guides, including sustainable and maintainable visual design languages and systems, interaction patterns and information design standards
- Photo manipulation, composition, color correcting and removing undesirable content to enhance a rich visual quality image.
- Photoshop, In-design, Bridge, Camera Raw, Illustrator, Word, Excel, Creative Suite CS6, Acrobat, FTP