Loma Linda, CA
National Account Manager, U.S. Drug Channel
2008 to Present
Responsible for $65 million in company sales, covering 34 US states. Drove dollar and unit growth using category management strategies for the beer industry's #1 High End portfolio that includes Corona, Negra Modelo, Modelo Especial, St. Pauli Girl, Tsingtao and Pacifico.
• Category manager for Rite Aid's National corporate call and 13 regional buying offices.
• Outperformed category and supplier dollar and unit sales the past 2 years for Crown's 5th largest retailer, Rite Aid.
• Surpassed company goals by increasing sales 6.3% in 2008, 6.8% in 2009 and 2.1% in 2010.
• Worked closely and consistently with distributor network, Rite Aid Senior mgmt and Market Manager sales team to lead, drive focus and share of mind, plan and execute sales, merchandising, marketing and promotional initiatives to surpass Drug channel objectives.
• Accountable for managing $150,000 budget mainly through sales incentive programs and value added marketing programs such as Mail in Rebates and IRC programs.
Region Account Manager
2007 to 2008
• Accountable for $25 million in sales for the SuperValu (Albertsons) West Division which covers 10 states.
• Managed and grew sales for two of our largest Mexican Super-Independent markets, Cardenas and Jon's markets.
• Surpassed company goals by increasing sales 2.9% in 2007.
• Consistently met annual business plan sales, SKU assortment, pricing, space allocation gains and quality ad feature management goals.
• Created and implemented dealer loader programs along with added value programs for the NW territory.
Regional Sales Manager
2004 to 2007
• Managed 5 million case sales, $80 million in revenues; $1 million in wholesaler and regional budgets and $100,000 in media buys.
• Managed two District Managers, five wholesalers and 6,000 retail accounts, supervising annual budgets of $1 million, driving execution plans and strategies to achieve yearly volume, distribution and market objectives.
• Surpassed company goals by increasing sales 3% in 2004, 14.2% in 2005, and 17% in 2006.
• Increased region market share 1.6% in 2 years to an average of 12%.
• Implemented year round retail execution program resulting in a 4.3% and 2.2% increase vs. 2004 and 2005 retail execution scores.
District Sales Manager
2002 to 2004
• Awarded Crown's most prestigious award, the 2003 Crown "Impact Player of the Year" award.
• Increased region sales 9.2% in 2002 and 13% in 2003.
• Instrumental in the implementation of the "Coronita by the case" sales program.
• Developed year round "Race 4 Space" and "Pay for Performance" incentives for the entire region.
2000 to 2002
• Instrumental in the development of the company's Retail standards.
• Created the Modelo Especial "power shelf" program resulting in a +36% sales improvement vs. 2001.
• Volunteered to manage an additional wholesaler, Passino Dist. bringing total to 4 wholesalers.
1997 to 2000
• Increased route volume 7% through consistent sell of new brands/packages and impactful display execution within the region.
• Implemented and developed the first Hispanic on-premise route for the distributor.
• Participated in Spring Break/Holiday campaigns that included direct consumer contact with Grupo Modelo throughout Mexico's largest contemporary markets.
BS in Business Administration-Marketing
MBA in Business Administration
Accomplished Sales and Management professional, successful at significantly increasing sales revenues and growing market share in the consumer packaged goods industry. Demonstrated ability to identify market opportunities and consumer preference with the objective to deliver persuasive solutions via fact based selling. Well organized, knowledgeable both Hispanic and General market, determined with a team player attitude.
• Fluent in Spanish
• Proficient in IRI, AC Nielsen, Adview, Spectra, Cognos/VIP, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Publisher.
• Excellent sales, management, communication, and written skills.