San Leandro, CA
Seeking a challenging opportunity to work in a professionally managed company wherein my skills, qualifications, expertise and experience can be optimally utilized in achieving the company objectives and goals.
October 2006 to June 2011
Over PCMC Operations Oakland, CA
Responsible for 6 managers and 97 mechanics providing on-dock equipment maintenance and repair services. Including shore based ship loading/unloading, and cargo handling equipment, including ship to shore cranes, rubber tired gantry cranes, powered industrial trucks, transport refrigeration equipment, generator sets, cargo containers, container chassis, automotive equipment, and various mobile equipment. PCMC has port locations in Long Beach, Hueneme, Oakland, Tacoma and Seattle.
* Oversaw and directed PCMC managers at Total Terminals International, LLC, TraPac, Inc. and PAOH/Maersk/Horizon.
* Responsible for customer, labor and vendor relations.
* Attended JAPC, NC AAPC, LRC, and SPLRC Arbitrations for PCMC and was an employer representative for the Local 10 Mechanics LRC.
* Oversaw and coordinated facility safety inspections at each terminal for PCMC shops along with post-op equipment repairs.
* Responded to all emergencies.
June 2006 to September 2006
for PCMC Operations at Total Terminal Inc. Berth 55-56
Managed crane department mechanics, coordinated crane repairs, handled payroll, LR, vacation and sick leave issues. Met with customer on a daily basis.
Director of Security and Shipping
2003 to 2006
* Trained work crews, streamlined and improved security measures, accountability and controls with a 24/7- 9 full-time person staff (3rd party service). Seasonal staff under my direct supervision exceeds 250 during bi-annual special events.
* Designed a 'State of the Art', exterior and interior security surveillance system. The system improved security efficiency substantially by enabling security staff to see and react quickly in situations of vandalism to the building that included defacing (graffiti), homeless trespass, identifying vehicle/property damage, employee/payroll/theft, etc.
* Installed a Detex system (foot patrol verification) that increased vendor accountability to the Mart.
* Implemented new forms and procedures that increased reporting accuracy through Incident and Accident Reports and IR Reports.
Develop and maintained tight control over a successful $1,800,000.00 budget. Increased service, accountability and gross receipts each year, while maintaining or reducing budgetary requirements.
1996 to 2006
* Shipping Department was out of control and had no accountability to the San Francisco Mart. Tenants and drivers were intimidated to pay cash for services or were threatened with reprisals. I revamped and organized the department which resulted in a complete turnaround in which tenants felt safe and the remaining employees provided service and real value for the tenants' dollars.
* Implemented a billing form that is used to pay the laborers and bill the tenants along with other accountability tools.
* Implemented systems and policies that drove the department to provide our tenants great customer service with efficient performance and personal pride in their work.
* On special events I direct and manage a crew of over 250 people of the Shipping Department. There are different sub-departments that include various shifts of office staff, freight elevator and forklift operators, traffic control, marshaling yard crew. crew leaders, and lumpers
* Respond to all tenant billing disputes, damage claims and on the collection side, past due shipping charges and negotiated two consecutive five year Local Teamster 853 Collective Bargaining Agreements. I resolved all issues with the union business representative.
1974 to 1996
* In charge of all phases of operation; billing, dispatch, payroll, customer relations, hiring & firing, federal/state regulation compliance, scheduling equipment and manpower.
* Through community involvement sold and maintained a number of sales accounts.
1970 to 1974
Started as a helper unloading trucks. Learned all phases of operations of company and bought it with one partner in 1974.