Bainbridge Island, WA
Owner / Architect
2009 to Present
Leverage proven business acumen and technical expertise as owner and lead architect of firm, managing all business operations and all aspects of architectural projects. Elevate presence and visibility of firm through design and implementation of comprehensive marketing strategy comprised of advertising, networking and relationship building. Create all business scripts, systems and operations for client relations, design, contract, production of drawings and documents, administration and back office operations. Manage all internal staff and contract employees.
• Drove new business acquisition, generating average $10,000 in monthly gross billing.
• Delivered various presentations on "Aging-In-Place" and "Empowering the Mature Market" relating to elder population and CAPS (Certified Aging-In-Place Specialist) certification.
2007 to 2009
Spearheaded all aspects of multiple architectural projects, including 2,500 to 30,000 square foot shell and core office buildings, commercial tenant improvements, residential custom homes, remodels and additions. Oversaw construction administration from on-site observation, job site meetings, bid document creation, team "Value Engineering" and construction scheduling in addition to RFIs (construction clarifications) and shop drawing review. Managed all in-house document creation and coordination from Schematic Design through Construction Documents utilizing AutoCad R2000 through R2006. Emphasized highest level of quality controls in formulating full architectural drawing sets at design, permit, bid and construction phases, including site plans, floor plans, elevations, sections, schedules and details.
Lead Architect at Streamline Design Group, LLC (continued from previous page):
• Championed "Team Design" approach to achieve client satisfaction through creative design and construction solutions; collaborated with Client/Owner and Contractors in addition to all consultants, including Civil, Structural, MEP, Landscaping and Interior Designers.
• Led all public relations, creative marketing, advertising and promotional efforts to enhance firm's position, exposure and positive presence in the marketplace.
President / Owner
2005 to 2008
Founded real estate investment company, managing all aspects of operations, marketing and development focused on single family housing. Forged mutually beneficial relationships with key business partners, including banks, mortgage lenders, title and escrow officers, real estate agents, contractors, marketing agencies and home buyers and sellers.
Additional accomplishments took place in the following roles:
Project Architect in 2005 with RBA Design, PLLC. Launched off-site satellite office to expand local market presence.
2004 to 2005
PS. Secured new commercial and residential projects by cultivating new and existing relationships within the industry. Oversaw quality controls and staff production on individual projects from inception to completion.
Project Architect / Job Captain / Lead Draftsman
1998 to 2004
Provided leadership and support to various aspects of major projects.
• Managed high profile projects from 1,000 to 100,000 square feet with focus in office shell and core, T.I.s, R&D facilities and warehouse / retail buildings.
• Leveraged "Team Design" approach with both "Fast Track" and "Design/Build" flexibility.
• Oversaw all aspects of document creation, drawing production and construction administration on multiple, concurrent projects.
Other previous roles included Job Captain / Draftsman with Anas Design Associates. Details on request.
Bachelor of Arts in Architecture
Areas of expertise include:
Design/Drawing/Production/Construction Administration • Value Engineering • Site Planning • Feasibility Study
Certified Aging-In-Place Specialist (CAPS) • Residential / Commercial Design • Permitting • Public Relations
Construction Documents • Marketing • Relationship Management • Production Lead • Project Architect • Quality Control
- TECHNICAL EXPERTISE -
AutoCad - 2010, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000i, 2000, R14, R12 & Some Architectural Desktop ADT 2007 • Photoshop / Pagemaker (PC & MAC) • Vectorworks V10 - CAD / 3D modeling (MAC) • MAC OSX (Operating System Ten) - Includes Entourage, Finder, FileMaker, Graphic Converter • Photoshop / Pagemaker (PC & MAC)
Form Z (3-D modeling) • Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)