Result-oriented professional with proven abilities is seeking a career opportunity in field service to utilize background in Equipment installation, Field Project coordinator, Customer Service, Robotic/Automation equipment and with proficiency in MS Office products.
August 2013 to May 2014
Built and programmed new automated cells for this Plastic Product Manufacturing, integrated cells to the existing production line utilizing Device Net and Network Configuration software, participated in daily maintenance and up keeping of the automated and Robotic lines/cells.
Service Engineering Specialist
2012 to 2014
Preformed Factory Acceptance Test and System Commissioning of Governor, Excitation, Controls and Protection Systems for this leading supplier of integrated solutions for the hydroelectric facilities; Managed installation and contractor supervision; Troubleshoot PLC based Controls systems; Electrical and mechanical equipment; Diagnose and repaired Hydraulic/Pneumatic systems and Preformed Site Acceptance Test
Process Control Engineer
2007 to 2011
Supported critical maintenance functions for this coffee manufacturing and processing plant. Maintained electrical/electronic systems; troubleshoot PLC based controls and facility maintenance issues. Managed new equipment set-up; PLC programming; staff training and handled a variety of IT tasks as needed.
• Recovered $100,000 in yearly savings with Kaizen methodologies for energy conservation.
• Saving $80,000 annually in Eliminating dependency on 24/7 contractor support.
• Oversaw a team of 15 technicians in absence of Plant Engineer.
• Eliminated several hours down time and maintenance expenses by Implementing Chaff fire extinguishing System
Team Leader and Engineering Technician
2004 to 2007
Managed a team of professionals in meeting daily production goals for the Feed-Through Manufacturing Department for this world-class producer of implantable medical device parts; Closely interacted with top management, production supervisor, support personnel and cell coordinators; Personally trained, mentored and oriented new hires in operating policies and processes; Ensured a safe, efficient and quality-focused working environment.
• Designed and implemented a new test procedure for implantable medical devices for a major Tier 1 client; positively recognized for improving test results and reducing test times.
• Key participant in training Mexican staff and facilitating the company transition to Tijuana, Mexico.
• Promoted to this position after 2 years as Research & Development/Analytical Lab Engineering Technician; assisted research scientist in testing new products & protocols; performed engineering jobs and quality testing of manufactured components & prototypes.
Team Leader/Engineering Technician
1999 to 2004
Maintained and regulated heat-treat furnaces for this leading manufacturer of aerospace engine parts. Resolved chronic problems with furnaces and heat treat equipment; generated a detailed log of chronic furnace problems and troubleshooting procedures.
• Assisted in obtaining $500,000 contract by designing, programming and assembling a "Seal Leak Test" prototype for a major Tier 1 client.
• Saved $100,000 in refurbishing an Abar Ipsen Heat Treat furnace.
• Saved additional $25,000 in certifying a Blue M Heat Treat furnace to Aero Space Industry specifications.
• Eliminated 1 full-time position in the Coupling Department through a Kaizen event.
Electrical Department Supervisor
1997 to 1999
Eliminated 10 full time positions by implementing and programming automated Sort-line.
• Saved multi hours down time and maintenance expenses in cleaning the extruder lines at Brown-Outs by executing Extruder Emergency stop.
Held positions as Electrical Panel Assembler, Electrical Designer, Start-Up Engineer, Field Project Manager, Automation Specialist and Technical Trainer with Valmet Paper Machinery in Wisconsin plant and Finnish HQ locations.
• Consistently recognized for award-winning job performance, prompt technical support, superior customer service and effective process improvements.
• Managed a team of up to 50 contractors in assembling and setting-up paper finishing machinery at customer sites, performing start-up tasks and training clients in all aspects of machine operation, programming and maintenance at locations in Europe, South America and North America.
• Resolved complex process related issues for global customers and provided support for North American office customer service department.
• Frequently selected to coordinate start-up operations of prototypes, special projects and specialized training for both internal and external clients in North American and South America.
• Gained hands-on knowledge of various paper finishing machinery, automated processes, field operations and preparation of accurate documentation.
Certificate in Microcomputers Technology
Associate in Engineering Technology
long-term record of creative troubleshooting, implementing out-of-the box solutions, experience within manufacturing setting and excellent troubleshooting experience with electrical, mechanical, pneumatics, hydraulics, motor controls, electrical components, various PLCs and process methodology.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Assembly/Set-Up Automation ● PLC Program Implementation ● Electrical Design ● Complex Problem Solving ● Root-Cause Analysis and Corrective Action ● Strong Mechanical and Electrical Aptitudes ● Analog/Digital Drives ● Hydraulic/Pneumatic Systems ● Technical Training/Support ● Process/Technical Specialist ● Process Analysis, Development and Validation ● All Round Resources ● Component Networking