Innovative & passionate IT Professional with 15+ years experience in the industry working in both a technical and management capacity with enterprise level experience and proven problem-solving, analytical, and creative thinking skills in an extremely complex and fast paced environment. Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills with an ability to foster partnerships across teams. Data driven and goal oriented with the ability to operate in a company of any size with a "whatever it takes" attitude. History of excellence in areas of automation, optimization and lowering operation costs.
Deployment Program Manager
2013 to Present
Responsible for managing multiple, simultaneous deployment projects. Ensure projects are delivered on time and defect-free. Responsible for managing scope, requirements, deliverables, timelines, risks, and implementation of global, enterprise-level IT infrastructure projects focusing on servers, storage area networking, and other data center networking. Facilitate communications and build relationships with key stakeholders to ensure SLAs are met and project benefits are realized. Perform status and project reporting to various levels of the organization.
• Participated in new deployment workflow and process optimization.
• Assisted Deployment Manager with managing quarterly deployment forecast.
• Created and provided ad-hoc reports and status updates.
• Led multiple daily scrum calls/meetings with key partners and stakeholders.
• Trained new deployment program managers.
• Created documentation for SOPs and new hire training.
• Managed migration, decommission, and discreet server deployment projects from request through delivery.
Hardware Operations Team Manager
2005 to 2012
Cross-functional management of global data center operations teams. Strategic management of global processes and infrastructure. Worked with global management team to create solutions for computing and network architecture in datacenters across the company. Managed and participated in data center migrations, server deployments, server decommissioning, and various other programs and projects focused on organizational expansion. Interviewed, hired, coached, and mentored datacenter technicians, system administrators, and managers.
• Responsible for managing two separate global teams with up to 21 direct reports at one time.
• Managed large global machine repairs program from design to implementation that was responsible for dramatically decreasing the amount of misdiagnosed parts coming out of the repairs process. In addition, it helped to reduce part turnaround time and eliminate part shortages.
• Led numerous global data mining, analysis, and metrics creation projects, one of which was responsible for saving the company millions of dollars a year.
• Reduced the number of broken machines dramatically, which helped the organization reduce operational costs.
• Designed staffing model used to forecast human resource needs for new data centers.
• Created a new-hire training program that went global and was eventually taken over by Google's education department.
• Proposed and implemented a weekend shift program.
• Deployed & managed a large scale testing program for server components.
• Performed more than 350 interviews.
• Improved global communications and relationships.
• Managed first region in the organization to meet and exceed performance and operating goals.
• Responsible for the creation of numerous other initiatives and programs that were eventually adopted or incorporated into larger programs/policies.
2004 to 2005
Built, QA’d, deployed, and maintained server and cluster infrastructure including racking and stacking switches, routers, and other networking hardware. Installed and troubleshot Linux and OS related issues. Wrote process documentation. Interviewed possible candidates and trained new hires. Participated in on-call rotation; responded to and solved emergencies as they arose.
• Setup and deployed Google’s first clusters in the Atlanta Area.
• Personally installed, tested, and released over 7,000 machines into production.
• Ran and installed several thousand feet of fiber and cat5 cables.
• QA team lead: ensured quality and timely release of new servers and clusters.
• Machine upgrade lead: coordinated and supervised large-scale server upgrades.
• Optimized QA floor space and layout resulting in increased throughput for team.
• Consistently achieved highest throughput metrics on the team.
• Received award for creating and implementing daily QA status report.
• First to create way to track power distribution of racks.
Technical Support Rep
2003 to 2004
Provided remote technical support for any and all hardware and software related issues for IBM ThinkPads.
• Resolved over 98% of calls at first point of contact.
• Consistently received exceptional feedback from customers and management.
• Troubleshot and resolved complex issues beyond the ability of peers.
2003 to 2003
Managed store operations and staff (2 direct reports). Recruited and trained new employees. Evaluated new hardware and software product possibilities. Assisted owner with advertising and marketing. Built, repaired, and maintained computers, laptops, and servers for customers in store and remotely.
• Revamped entire store network to improve speed and function.
• Improved layout of storefront to make it more attractive to customers.
• Enhanced store reputation & profitability by providing high-quality services and solutions.
1999 to 2003
Built, tested, and installed custom PCs, laptops, and servers. Provided remote technical support to customers and repaired customers machines. Trained new employees.
• Built over 10,000 PCs, laptops, and servers of varying configurations.
• Optimized testing process resulting in 2X the output of computers with no increase in staff.
• Helped to build, test and set up several 64-node Beowulf clusters.
• Created training materials & process documentation.
• Consistently exceeded daily output requirements.
• ITIL 2011 Foundation Training Program (TCS)
• Software Security Awareness for Managers (TCS)
• Information Security Awareness (TCS)
• Introduction To Management for New Managers (AMA)
• Managing Multiple Priorities (Pryor)
• Getting Things Done (David Allen)
• Force10 Network Training (Force10)
• Managing Within The Law