A solutions-driven web designer and producer, with over 10 years of experience leading projects and web properties through a full development cycle, applying data-driven strategies, upholding industry, brand and accessibility standards, while maintaining an open mind to innovative web and digital design, development, and production techniques and processes that accomplish well-rounded, effective user experiences. I am a native Spanish speaker.
Willing to relocate to: Los Angeles, CA - Portland, OR - Seattle, WA
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Director of Web Production
October 2016 to Present
• Manages a team of in-house producers and external production talent.
On-boards and trains new team members.
Facilitate, coach and drive productive discussions within cross functional teams, among peers and other level groups within the organization.
Mentors producers in career development growth.
• Manages client interaction and ensures quality
Establishes and continually improves the systems and communications tools to support and improve the efficiency of the production process
Establishes frequent communication with programs that provide source material for web publishing, either directly or through other web production team members. Orients College Board program staff, as needed, about web production guidelines, standards and procedures.
Effectively anticipates problems, generates and analyzes solutions. Contributes to the overall quality of the unit's deliverables.
Escalate potential issues and recommended solutions and risk management to leadership.
Responsible for allocating the right team members to clients.
Market and present web/digital strategies to diverse audiences.
Overall, responsible for the team’s work product meeting timelines and quality standards. Upholds product and brand standards for all deliverables.
• Manage multiple projects and maintain schedules and budgets.
Manage web production schedules and ensure timelines are met
Plans and manages production budgets.
Assists in the annual hiring plan and corresponding budgets for the production team.
Works closely with a cross-functional team (web product management, marketing, editorial staff and external creative vendors) to implement state-of-the-art online solutions.
• Manages and executes web and digital solutions across the various CB technology platforms.
Provides code deployment support via version control systems like GitHub, SVN.
Mastery of Content Management Systems like Drupal, WordPress.
Establishes and continually improves the systems and communications tools to support and improve the efficiency of the website production process
Supports off-hours web issues and emergencies, such as student SAT, AP score releases or website outages.
February 2014 to October 2016
• Works closely with a cross-functional team (product and project management, marketing, editorial staff and development teams) to implement state-of-the-art web solutions.
• Manages project resources, schedules, and budgets for the creative team. Develops project plans and tracking artifacts.
• Oversees and take ownership of projects from conception through technical implementation.
• Effectively anticipates problems and proactively generates and analyzes solutions. Contributes to the overall quality of the unit's deliverables.
• Responsible for understanding, evaluating and providing constructive feedback and guidance to fine tune web content requests from program and department staff.
• Translates business needs of College Board programs into innovative and focused web solutions.
• Follows established coding and accessibility standards and other group procedures.
• Coordinates with project management to ensure projects launch successfully.
• Responsible for understanding, evaluating and providing constructive feedback and guidance to fine tune web requests from program and department staff.
• Coordinates with other producers, as well as design, UX, front end, and content management staff to insure that projects, necessary assets and materials are delivered or created to complete projects on time and on budget.
• Coordinates with editors to ensure consistency in style, tone and quality of work.
• Helps to organize a streamlined process for capturing requests, prioritizing open items and tracking time spent.
• When appropriate, creates training documentation for site launches and conducts training sessions with program staff.
• Proactively collaborates with online marketing and analytics teams to ensure SEO best practices are implemented and preserved over a sites lifetime.
Independent Web Developer
2010 to 2015
Provide comprehensive web design and development services for clients such as:
South of Urban, Co.,(www.southofurban.com) - Atlanta, Ga
Miami Foundation (ourmiami.org) - Miami, FL
MUSA Creative Labs - Miami, FL
CIFAL Atlanta (www.cifalatlanta.org) - Atlanta, Ga
Web Designer & Publisher
June 2012 to February 2014
Design UI/UX components for multi-platform shopping experiences on homedepot.com, upholding brand guidelines, and translating approved designs to the HTML/CSS.
Deploy approved creative assets via Documentum/Endeca Pagebuilder CMS, and WordPress CMS.
Write visual design specification documentation for homedepot.com branding standards.
Develop creative collateral to deploy on mobile platforms via Documentum/Endeca Pagebuilder CMS.
Develop creative and marketing assets for social media campaigns.
Web Publisher & Co-Founder
April 2006 to 2014
Launch a successful baseball blog, mentioned in The New York Times, ESPN, and other national media outlets.
January 2011 to June 2012
Publish daily content for news.emory.edu on Cascade Server CMS.
Distribute weekly campus-wide Emory Report email newsletter.
Perform content audit and recommend best SEO practices.
Design and build WordPress template for Emory News blogs.
Track web traffic statistics via Google Analytics.
Online Producer / Web Content Manager
April 2009 to January 2011
Manage Online Production staff.
Execute SEO, Social Media, and content publishing strategies.
Perform web traffic analysis using Google Analytics, Omniture, and Quantcast.
Work across marketing, sales and editorial departments on enterprise initiatives.
Develop front-end web pages and templates in HTML/CSS.
January 2006 to April 2009
Produce and publish web content for Creative Loafing Atlanta, Charlotte, Tampa and Sarasota using Gyrobase CMS (developed by Desert.net).
Produce and publish content for CL blogs on WordPress and Typepad.
Editor-in-Chief & Creative Director
April 2002 to January 2009
Direct creative and editorial focus of Spanish language news magazine in Norcross, Ga.
Design cover art for each issue, layout features and stories using Adobe InDesign.
Manage editorial staff.
Prepare and deliver digital files to printer.
MA in Media Studies
BA in Spanish Literature
First place, Website Content Feature
2007 AltWeekly Awards, category 60k+ circulation
January 2017 to Present
Leadership, delegation, motivation, communication, and vision are key components that make up an effective and successful manager. In this training course, I learned best practices and behaviors to build these components, leveraging powerful techniques for getting the best from people, and using proven management models to design a blueprint for personal success.