IT Security Professional seeks a challenging position in the Information Technology environment that will utilize my 21 plus years experience in communications management and training.
September 2009 to February 2010
* Create, track and issue smart cards
* PKI-enabling servers and applications
* Troubleshooting PKI, PKE and CAC issues with Desktop and Server applications
* Provide accurate and concise daily updates to the call tracking tool.
* Providing PKI Registration Authority (RA) services to including processing PKI certificate request and revocations for user and devices.
* Experience with Smart Card maintenance, including PIN Reset, Renewal, Reissuance, Termination, and Key Recovery
Maden Tech Consulting
September 2009 to February 2010
Manages Army's PKI software-based certificate registration and revocation processes; manages Army PKI key recovery process; manages Army's alternative smartcard program; manages RA certificate policy and certification practice statements; manages LRA certification practice statements; assists in development of certification and accreditation documentation in accordance with AR 25-2 and DODI 8510.01; provides oral and written presentations and reports; prepares Army correspondence, memorandums, information papers, executive summaries, weekly summaries, meeting minutes, and briefs.
* Understanding AR 25-1, AR 25-2, DODD 8500.1, DODI 8500.2.
* Understanding Certificate Policy, Certification Practice Statements.
* Key Pair generation tools & digital signature processes
* Understanding of Hardware Security Modules (HSM)
* Understanding of Applied Cryptography and DOD PKI Technologies (X.509)
* Create, track and issue smart cards, assists in the development of standard operating procedures and ensures that documentation is maintained and up to date.
INFORMATION SYSTEMS SECURITY OFFICER
April 2004 to June 2009
* Perform Information System Security Manager (ISSM) duties which involve identifying Maxwell AFB network vulnerabilities by validating and analyzing security incidents, generating risk reduction countermeasures, assessing unauthorized network activity, collecting, compiling and reporting security compliancy statistics, submitting Firewall Modification and Website Removal forms to the Network Operations Security Center for processing.
* Utilized SMS, MBSA and ISS vulnerability scans to conduct periodic security audits and vulnerability assessments.
* Oversee 60 Information Systems Security Officers (ISSO) and 6000 user to ensure that they are following established program information security policies and procedures. Ensure that all ISSOs receive the necessary technical and security training to carry out their duties. Raise user security awareness and overall compliance with periodic IT newsletters.
* Coordinate over 60 Base wide IS Security inspections, tests, and/or reviews to ensure proper protection and/or corrective measures have been taken when an incident or vulnerability has been discovered.
* A working knowledge of security policies, systems functions and Certification and Accreditation (C&A) packages utilizing the Defense Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP). Maintain a database of all Maxwell AFB accreditation/certification support documentation packages.
* As the Base Local Registration Authority and Trusted Agent responsible for validating end user identification, distributing Certification Registration Instructions, preparing user data files, educating end users on PKI (public key infrastructure) and assisting system administrators with obtaining server certificates. Maintain workstations equipment with Firefox browser and the Delete-Key utility to support certificates download and assist customers in downloading certificates to their computer.
* As LRA I maintain the original 2842-NPE Department of Defense (DoD) PKI Public Key Infrastructure PKI Acceptance and Acknowledgement of responsibilities associated with the role-base certificates.
* Adjudicate customer issues with the use of alternate tokens (Alt Token)
* Experience with RA/LRA policy, procedures, and hands on experience in the issuance process
* Process DoD PKI Server Certificate Base Wide
* Track and measure compliance with the RA and LRA certification practice statements
* Applicant possesses an active Top Secret clearance
LEAD TELECOMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
August 2001 to April 2005
* As lead communicator for the Military SeaLift project in conjunction with the U.S. Navy. Managed Staff EKMS Account, provided day to day operation to the Commodore. Administer COMSEC Material System (CMS), through Distributed INFOSEC Accounting System (DIAS); adhere to DoD Communications Security COMSEC guidance and practices. Shipped and receive Controlled Crypto Equipment (CCI) and keying material to v'rious ships daily.
* Provided day to day supervision of the Local Area Network (LAN) Information Tdchnology Manager and three oper'tors. Served as the single point of contact for the Commodore and staff on all cmmmunications and IT operations. Provided communication design and implementation on four military Sealift Command ships. Trained detachment managers and operators on squadron communication procedures.
* Managed the timely and accurate processing of all incoming and outgoing message traffic. Performed preventat)ve maintenance on squadron communications systems and equipment which included the Secret Internet ProTocol Router Network (SIPRNET); Non-Secupe Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPRNET), Common User Information Exchange System (CUDIXS), Satellite High Command (SADHICOM), Demand Assigned Multiple Access (DAMA), and Bandwidth Efficient Satellite Transport System (BEST).
* Provide recommendations regarding hardware and system software configuration for COMSEC and shipboard radio systems. Create, review, and update CMS/EKMS and communications Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
* Provide day-to-day CMS/EKMS and communications related support to over 30 ships based in the SEALOG Far East Area of Responsibility (AOR).
CHIEF PETTY OFFICER, INFORMATION SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN
1979 to 2000
* Managed 40 communication technicians and operators in the operation of a joint information communication center onboard the USS George Washington CVN-73. Conducted daily system backups and recovery, using UNISYS TAC-3 computers. Supervised implementation and administration of directives and operational guidance in managing a satellite communications facility.
* Responsible for A large voice and data communication network on an aircraft carrier. Provided training on Super High Frequency (SHF), Extremely High Frequency (EHF), High Frequency (HR) and Ultra High Frequency (UHF) electronic communication systems to include configuration with emphasis on special problem-solving and degraded system operations. Extensive experience with Communication Security (COMSEC) equipment (i.e. KG-84, KG-194, KWR-46, KY-58, KYV-5, and KG-40). Utilized in-depth knowledge of Allied Communications Publications (ACP) and Joint Army, Navy, and Air Force Publications (JANAP).
* Performed Tech Controller duties which included trouble shooting of communication signals including satellite transmission and reception paths. Systems used during communication duties include the Automatic Digital Network (AUTODIN), Naval Modular Automated Communication System (NAVMACS-V2,V3), Personal Computer Message Terminal (PCMT), and Manual Relay Center Modernization Program (MARCEMP).
B.S. in Political Science