Oyster Bay, NY
Exceptional collaborative and interpersonal skills collaborating with Creative Director, Marketing Director, Brand team, Copywriter and PR dept. Prolific in InDesign (all CS6 apps) and who's #1 responsibility included managing the graphics team. High energy, endless creativity, and a critical eye. As Sr. Art Director I lead by example and help my team prioritize tasks and speed turnaround time while reducing errors. Maintaining a creative, productive, inspired team with thoughtful criticism and praise for improvement when necessary. A happy team is a creative and productive family.
Senior Art Director I
2016 to Present
photo shoots in studio and on location to be used in ads, promotional materials, social media, catalogs, sales promotions and trade
shows visuals. Managed a creative team to maintain brand consistency, meet deadlines and provide initiatives to creative thinking in a deadline driven environment.
Senior Art Director/Photo Shoot Art Direction/Retoucher
December 2015 to Present
Senior Art Director/Retoucher
February 1998 to May 2015
As Senior Art Director I led concept, design and execution of innovative visual solutions. Provide innovative expertise and support, defined project scopes while delivering best in class creative and design content. Managed a team of designers. Inspired innovative and creative thinking to lead projects from initial kickoff to finished production. Devel-
oped one of a kind creative content and concepts both independently and collaborating using cross channels includ- ing in store display design, advertorial, digital, social media and other marketing platforms
•Maintains knowledge of the aesthetics of multiple brands, including Calvin Klein, CK, Coach, Nautica, Diane Von
Furstenberg, Nike, Airlock, Marchon NYC, and Disney, to ensure graphic consistency across a broad platform.
•Solely responsible in decreasing the Creative Departments budget by bringing the retouching process in house and eliminating the need for out sourcing.
•Creative initiatives have:
- Increased sales for designer brands Flexon, Nautica and Nine West 40% from last year.
- National print advertising campaign reached 75,000 readers
- Reached more than 70,000 Facebook followers
•Contacted and complimented by Bo Derek following the publication of a retouched photo used in a highly
successful ad campaign.
Senior Creative Manager
1994 to 1998
Directed the design team in the use of imagery, logos, and fonts to establish a eye catching visual style. Managed the design and production work-flows; reviewed design content to ensure graphic consistency across a broad
- Conceptualized, designed and produced; visually stunning, cutting edge concepts on collateral materials, ads,
catalogs, look books, email blasts, brochures, trade show materials, posters and PR materials
- Collaborate with marketing dept. and Brand team to conceptualize photo-shoots, Art Direct photographers,
purchase props, model selects and stylists.
- Present design concepts to management and clients in a professional, inspirational and logical manner
- Strong typography skills
- Create style guides, including sustainable and maintainable visual design languages and systems patterns and
information design standards to maintain brand consistency
Applications - Adobe Creative Suite CS6, Word, Excel, FTP, Outlook and DropBox
- Photo manipulation, composition, color correcting and removing undesirable content to enhance a rich visual
photographic digital image