Psychology Laboratory Researcher
2010 to 2011
• Constituted a valuable part of a research team collaboratively investigating language acquisition processes.
• Assisted in welcoming parents and babies to the laboratory and setting them up in the testing environment.
• Utilized Excel and SPSS for organizing and analyzing data of psycholinguistic experiments.
• Meticulously coded raw data and performed acoustic analyses and manipulations with Praat software.
• Learned to use specialized new technology for testing automatic perceptual experiments, and took the initiative to aid the team by formally sharing technical knowledge with lab members through Google Docs.
• Served as resident expert in reviewing English-language research papers and journal articles for publication in order to help ensure that all materials coming from the lab were of the highest quality.
2007 to 2008
• Operated an art and fashion gallery showcasing the work of 20 emerging Montreal artists.
• Organized the team to produce in-house special events, including four multi-designer fashion shows.
• Performed all clerical duties for the business, including answering the phone, faxing, filing, word processing, printing, photocopying, screening incoming mail, preparing and dispatching outgoing mail and receiving and recording gallery inventory.
• Managed all financial records, inventory and budgeting for the business, using Simply Accounting.
• Tracked artists' individual sales using Excel, continually adapting product selection and pricing accordingly.
• Created bilingual marketing materials, including press kit, flyers and website, using Adobe Creative Suite.
• Established and maintained relations with local media representatives, gaining exposure for the company and the artists both in print (Gazette, McGill Daily) and online (Snap!tv, Loulou).
• Provided customer service in English and French, customizing each interaction according to patrons' preferred language and taste in artwork.
2006 to 2008
• Published fashion trend reports in an online magazine reaching 200,000 subscribers across North America.
• Effectively tailored writing style to the target audience, often obtaining over 1000 views in the first week.
• Met tight deadlines, with as little as 24 hours from receiving the assignment to going live.
June 2001 to August 2001
• Efficiently managed and prioritized my caseload of corporate clients.
• Exercised discretion in dealing with highly confidential and sensitive information on a daily basis.
• Performed extensive due diligence requiring meticulous attention to contract details.
• Researched statutes and case law using Quicklaw, reporting findings in concise legal memorandums.
• Received high acclaim in final review for quality of work and professionalism.
L.L.B. in Law
1999 to 2002
B.A. in Psychology
1995 to 1999
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Exceptional English writing and editing skills in a range of styles, including scientific research articles, legal documents and magazine articles.
• Proven ability to quickly learn any computer software program and apply it to the task at hand.
• Leadership skills including motivating, coordinating and educating a team.
• Ability to find answers and solve problems autonomously, using provided work tools, professional research engines and online resources.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with experience interacting with a range of stakeholders.
• Efficient work habits, including time-management, organization and attention to detail.