Jersey City, NJ
A highly talented Diagnostic Medical Sonographer with 4 years of experience in the daily operations of sonographic laboratories, patient schedule, equipment maintenance, reporting of equipment failures, and quality assessment.
July 2014 to Present
• Perform a wide range of outpatient ultrasound exams, such as general, breast, OB/GYN, vascular and other exams on incoming patients using Acuson S2000, Logic 9 and Hitachi
• Provide coverage to different outpatient imaging practices in New Jersey
• Establish and maintain ethical working relationships and good rapport with all interrelating referrals or commercial agencies
• Prepare the preliminary sonographer report and assess the technical quality and completeness of the ultrasound studies.
October 2010 to Present
• Use independent judgment during the sonographic exam to accurately differentiate between normal and pathologic findings
• Analyze sonograms, synthesize sonographic information and medical history, and communicate findings to the appropriate physician
• Perform ultrasound scans including abdomen, small parts, gynecology, obstetric using Phillips IU22 and vascular using Zonare and Logic 9
• Experience with assisting in liver and thyroid biopsy, thoracentesis and paracentesis procedures
• On-call Sonographer for emergency unit patients
• Portable sonographic studies for critical unit patients
• Maintain a daily log of patients seen / completed exam billing forms.
November 2011 to June 2014
• Performed ultrasound scans including abdomen, gynecology, small parts, obstetrics and vascular with equipment such as Toshiba Aplio and Hitachi
• Experienced breast diagnostic sonograms for patients with abnormal mammograms
• Maintained the American College of Radiology accreditation for abdomen, gynecology, obstetrics and breast specialties
• Assisted the Radiologist in performing special procedures such as arthrograms and breast biopsies involving ultrasound.
Administrative Assistant for the Out-Patient Clinic
November 2007 to October 2010
June 2005 to November 2007
• Actively Certified Diagnostic Medical Sonographer by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (abdomen, breast, vascular to be completed in 2014).
• Basic Life Support (adult, child and infant CPR) Expiration date 06/2016