Business Manager/previous owner of Creation Nail Bar & Beauty Salon. Computer literate with excellent administrative, organisation and time management skills, with years of experience in the PA and secretarial fields. Hard-working, enthusiastic and conscientious work ethic. Pro-active and able to multi-task. Able and willing to learn new things - currently undertaking a refresher IT course to enhance and update existing IT skills.
July 2009 to October 2011
Raising funds to support outings and charity events.
• Organising events, including trips to spas, markets and shopping expeditions, along with entertainment for the military community in Naples.
April 2010 to June 2011
Collecting and distributing incoming and outgoing mail for the British Tri-Service element.
• Producing weekly orders and distributing via website and email.
• Also called to help with Travel desk for personnel and their families.
• Booking flights/trains and car hire in Europe.
• Keeping records up-to-date, general filing and typing as and when required.
September 2002 to July 2009
sold the business)
• All aspects of ownership of a business, including employment of staff, budgeting, accounts, banking, cash-flow, forecasting, organising advertising and sales and marketing, dealing with all relevant business enquiries, stock ordering and buying.
• Keeping up-to-date with legislation and health and safety, insurance and certification.
• As a nail technician and beauty therapist, responsible for providing treatments for clients.
• Ensuring customer care is paramount and that staff are trained on customer care skills.
• Implementing ideas for monthly offers and updating the website regularly.
• Updates to computerised appointment bookings system.
• Retailing products and producing aftercare literature for all treatments.
October 2001 to August 2002
Copy and audio typing, general correspondence, database and accounts.
• Reception duties, dealing with customers face to face and on the telephone.
• Typing of legal documents relevant to insolvency and bankruptcy, which had strict time deadlines.
Business Support Assistant, Environment Agency, Dorset
December 2000 to August 2001
Audio/copy typing and newsletter production (using Word\Excel\Access\Publisher).
• Secretarial cover for various departments, including Flood Defence, Conservation, Waste Management & Legal Department.
• Arranging meetings and taking minutes.
• Covering for reception.
• General filing and other ad hoc administrative duties.
PA to Commander Med, Germany
September 1998 to December 2000
All administrative duties for the Colonel for all Engineer regiments in the divisional area of responsibility.
• Arranging travel, diary management and arranging meetings.
• Produced detailed visit briefs for visits to other regiments and for VIP visits.
• Responsible for incoming and outgoing post of a confidential nature, including officers' and soldiers' confidential reports.
• Looked after Budget for expenses and arranged working dinner parties and conferences and attended weekly meetings with the Board of Officers.
PA to Commander Royal Engineers, Germany
November 1996 to September 1998
Duties as above but for Engineer regiments.
Certificate in PTTLS Adult Teaching Certificate, WP II Distinction, Audio II, English II, Shorthand II Plus NVQ Plus additional 14 Certificates in Beauty Therapy
Word Processing RSA Stage II
• IT skills - proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to manage staff and delegate tasks as required, as well as taking responsibility for own workload.