Degreed professional in business with extensive experience in customer relations, transaction processing and audit ready financial monthly results reporting. High honors Bachelor's degree
and 10+ year's experience.
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Accounts Payable Manager
June 2011 to Present
Manage Accounts Payable and Clerical Technicians (Bargaining Unit) of 20 direct reports
Work closely with vendors and internal personnel to resolve issues that negatively affect the timely payments to vendors and employees
Analyze and Report KPI’s
Provide leadership and expertise to team
Participate and develop polices and procedures
Support internal and external audit requests
Assist with financial system implementations
Identify process improvement activities
Worked on IHE project to bring Payables back in house from India
Implemented a Scanning Solution for processing Payable invoices
Worked on IHE project to transition from Mainframe system to Scanning Solution
Assisted with Auto-Pay system for Processor invoices
Senior Accounts Payable Analyst
March 2007 to Present
* Work closely with AP Manager to assist in training new employees and monitor activity levels to ensure that processing expectations are met.
* Process invoices and serve as a back-up for AP Representatives as needed. An average of 20,000 invoices processed on a monthly basis.
* Responsible for Control Desk Functions
o Ordering of Banks for pay cycles to ensure accuracy in timing of payments to vendors and employees
o Monitor daily AP system control reports and perform analysis on exceptions to determine if corrective action is needed.
o Perform research and validation for any checks that might need to be voided in the AP system
o Determine system dates and enter into control files to ensure that reporting is performed for the proper accounting time frame and resulting entries are accurately fed to the general ledger;
o Worked closely with IT to Automate the Date Changes on a weekly and monthly basis for accurate reporting
* Participated in the system conversion of the Accounts Payable processing function.
o Test entries of invoices in the Tabware system and validate information from the purchasing, vendor master and receipts sub systems as a step in the payment process.
o Work closely with vendors and internal personnel to better understand the issues that negatively affect the timely payment of invoices.
o Work with the programming department to help troubleshoot problems in the feeds from the Tabware system to the various systems being passed data.
* Worked as a member of the AP Project Team to implement a new Accounting system.
o Acted as the AP lead on the project
o Prepared test cases to test the functionality of the system
o Provided valuable feedback for system enhancements
o Worked closely with IT to implement system
* Supervise the Clerical Staff(Bargaining Unit)
o Supervise a staff of 6 union employees
o Handle the issues between the Accounting staff and clerical staff
o Work closely with Union representative on staffing needs
Accounts Receivable Specialist
February 2006 to March 2007
* Applied customer payments to open invoices and deductions.
* Set up customer deductions and late/excessive discounts using the Deduction Management System.
* Balanced deposits and prepared for processing on a daily basis.
* Checked bank statements for errors daily, assorted checks and distributed among fellow employees
January 1999 to January 2006
Provided staff support in the Accounts Payable Department as assistant and backup for AP Manager.
* Validated invoices for payment, using Oracle's AP module in a 3-way matching process to insure receipt of goods and accuracy of debt prior to fulfillment.
* Prepared payment batches for weekly pay cycle process including preparation of reporting suitable for management review and approval, modification of preliminary check run and printing of checks.
* Prepared manual checks on an as needed basis.
* Prepared audit-ready basis each month of Use Tax payments for Indiana and Pennsylvania, by downloading mainframe sub-ledger detail to an Excel report.
* Vouched and processed reimbursements for company's employees in compliance with the generally accepted accounting principles for expense accounting.
* Processed freight invoicing, validating invoices with bills of lading to associate freight expense with sales transactions, company-wide
* Prepared a Cash Requirement report every week for the Treasurer to review for payment batches.
* Uploaded positive pay file to bank to insure clearance of payment and manual checks issued.
Provided staff support in the Property Department as assistant and backup for the Fixed Asset Manager.
* Migrated and processed automated transactions from the Oracle AP database to the Oracle Fixed Asset module each month.
* Processed detailed asset spending, identifying and categorizing assets for all divisions to insure correct depreciation period expense for asset costs.
* Reconciled detailed transactions to total costs by asset to insure completion and accuracy of processing at the asset level.
* Reconciled monthly activity from AP sub-ledger to Fixed Asset sub-ledger to insure completion and accuracy between sub-ledgers.
* Reconciled monthly activity from Fixed Asset sub-ledger to Oracle general ledger to insure completion and accuracy.
* Prepared journal entries to reflect reclasses, cost additions, cost adjustments and period depreciation on a monthly basis.
Provided staff support in the Accounts Receivable Department as assistant and backup for AR manager.
* Maintained contact with customer base to insure optimal aging of accounts receivable.
* Updated customer database records.
* Processed invoices for weekly receivables batch cycles, company wide.
* Processed data for bills of lading, customer credits, debits and manual transactions outside of batch processing.
* Maintained a daily summary reconciliation log of invoicing using Excel Worksheets.
* Reconciled cash from AR sub-ledger to the general ledger.
Bachelor of Science in Business Management