Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Information Security Analyst
November 2015 to May 2016
Responsible for the development and/or enforcement of corporate and business group information security policies to protect Intel's information assets and intellectual property. Perform security risk assessments which determine threats, consequences, and vulnerabilities to business unit key assets, products, and services. Participate in the planning and direction of security risk assessments to examine and verify security capabilities, behaviors, and controls for authentication, authorization, integrity, availability, assurance, audit, and disposal of Intel's information assets to determine exposure and compliance levels Develop and lead corporate level information security awareness and training programs. Utilize IBM Bigfix to discover all endpoints--on and off the corporate network and fix vulnerabilities and apply patches across all endpoints
IT Security Engineer
September 2014 to October 2015
As a member of the Technology Risk Office (TRO) Cyber Security Team I Perform Documentation, maintain, and implement standards, policies, and procedures within security disciplines that may include vulnerability management, forensics, host and network-based intrusion detection, anti-virus/malware management, or data loss prevention. Conduct research, analysis, and correlation across a wide variety of source data to identify and prevent compromise of KP networks, host systems, and data. Analyze network traffic and host data to identify anomalous activity and potential threats to KP Assets. Establish alerting thresholds/triggers, analyze alerts from various sources within the enterprise, and determine possible causes and effects on KP systems and data. Validate intrusion detection system (IDS) alerts against network traffic and host data sources using to root out false positives; Perform regular vulnerability and malware scans to identify unauthorized access to KP data systems and malicious code activity such as Trojans, root kits, backdoors, bots, or malware. Provide level 3 supports for security incidents and threats in the KP environment, including, perform initial incident triage, determining scope, urgency, and potential impact of security incidents respond to and resolve identified security incidents, maintaining contact with end users and the KP service desk through resolution. Coordinate with network, data center, desktop, and application support teams as required to validate alerts, ensure incident resolution, and perform root cause analysis; Perform incident escalation to the appropriate KP stakeholders as required. Perform forensic analysis on known security vulnerabilities and recommend risk mitigation procedures
Information Technology Security Analyst
May 2005 to April 2014
As a member of the security team ensuring Confidentiality and integrity and Availability of data, data systems, and data networks across the entire organization provided security Awareness training ensuring that all users were compliant with current security policies and procedures. Administer network and computing devices/systems that help enforce security policies, audit controls. Perform Daily administration of monitoring tools, including maintenance and upkeep monitoring of enterprise networks and management of alert notifications for suspicious/malicious behavior. Administer the administration and monitoring of web filtering Websense endpoint device. Identify security issues and risks, and develop mitigation plans Participate in investigations of suspected information technology security misuse Identify security issues and risks, and develop mitigation plans. Participate in investigations of suspected information technology security misuse. Supports business users by responding to requests for assistance with anti-virus software, web filtering exception requests, access modifications, firewall rule requests. Analyzes the need for new information technology security systems, upgrades, expansions and modifications by evaluating the effectiveness of the current controls. Created and maintained all IT Security Policies For six different offices. Monitored security of critical systems and changes to highly sensitive computer security controls, investigated and reported on noted irregularities. Conducted network vulnerability assessments using NIST Special publication 800-53 to evaluate identified system vulnerabilities and developed remediation plans and security procedures. Ensured ISO27001 and PCI Card compliance. Utilized Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Intrusion Detection & Prevention (IDS / IPS) tools, Utilized MacAfee Data Leakage Prevention (DLP), tools, Encase forensic tool.
Window System Administrator
April 2000 to May 2005
Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups. Manages accounts, network rights and access to systems and equipment Implements security procedures and tools to ensure rigorous security measures are in place
Setup, configure, and perform day-to-day maintenance and administration of Windows systems. Provide Active Directory and Group policy management and support. Created/Maintained user, administrator, and service accounts in AD. Manage domain, user/computer objects, accounts, and permissions Ensured minimal downtime across all networks, Troubleshot network connectivity issues and Ensured that external ISPs were operating in accordance with SLAs. Monitored and analyzed network performance. Perform day-to-day break-fix, troubleshooting Windows related issues, performance issues, etc. Maintain Windows best practices, anti-virus, and patch management including firmware upgrades Support corporate system audits by maintaining accurate, comprehensive documentation and providing timely responses to requests.
January 1995 to April 2000
Act as a single point of contact for phone calls emails and Chat regarding IT issues and queries Receiving, logging and managing calls from internal staff via telephone email and chat Provide 1st and 2nd line support - troubleshooting of IT related problems from in-house software to hardware, Laptops, PCs and Printers. Entered, managed, maintained and followed up tickets through Remedy system until resolution. Take ownership of user problems and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner. Use remote control tool Bomgar to control a user’s machine to troubleshoot problems. Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve application issues following standard operating procedures and using knowledge support tools route tickets that cannot be resolved at the desk to appropriate assignment or resolver groups Taking ownership of customer issues to include; routing, prioritizing, troubleshooting to resolution. Create AD groups, users, and understand user permissions Provide second line support through desk-side, remote, and local office support services.
Master's in Information Assurance and Security with a Specialization in Network Defense
2015 to 2019
Master's in MS in Information Assurance and Security with a Specialization in Digital Forensics
2015 to 2019
BS in Information Systems and Cyber Security
2013 to 2015
Associate in Network System Administration
2004 to 2006
MS Degree in progress in Information Assurance and Cyber-Security and Network Defense and Healthcare Security and BS in Information Systems and Cyber Security with more than 19 years of progressive experience in Security Engineering, customer service, developing, planning, and integrating comprehensive operations, plans and logistics program
• Over 10 years of in-depth experience in Information Technology risk, regulatory compliance, cyber security architecture, and organizational practices for large enterprises ( INTEL and Kaiser Permanente )
• Improved HIPAA and PCI compliance through review and development of security policies, procedures, processes and programs. Reduced risk through implementation and optimization of security controls
• Enhanced organization security posture by recommending application design improvements, vulnerability testing and use of new technologies.
• Subject matter expert in security incident management planning, business continuation and disaster recovery
• Subject matter expert in PCI, PHI, HIPAA, NIST, FIPs policies, processes and compliance audits
• Comprehensive background with NIST 800-series of Special Publications. Create assessment and authorization documentation using NIST guidance, Federal and commercial guidelines.
• Develop information systems security plans for large national systems. Perform IA assessments to ensure compliance with FISMA requirements, Federal regulations and best security practices.
• Core Competencies: Broad range of experience, varying from hands-on technical responsibilities in areas such as Cyber security, Risk Management, Vulnerability Risk Assessment& Remediation, System Monitoring, Regulatory Compliance, Incident Response, Disaster Recovery, Host Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS), Web Security, Rogue System Detector (RSD), Anti-virus/Anti-Spyware, Data Loss Prevention / Device Control Manager, etc.
• Demonstrated strengths in process development methodologies combined with constant evaluation and implementation of new technologies and methodologies to improve business processes and offerings with expertise in both hands-on development and managing deployment of network and security architectures.
• Proficient in reviewing and updating Initial Risk Assessment (SP […] I am a fast learner, have the ability to multi-task, and can also work independently and as a contributing team member.
Windows Operating Systems ,Windows7, Windows 8 Windows Server 2003/ […]
• Linux-Ubuntu operating System, Fedora - Red hat Linux
• Network Protocols: OSI Model, DHCP, DNS,,IIS, TCP/IP, IP Addressing FTP,SNMP, SMTP, HTTPS, Wireshark,
• Software Applications: Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Help Desk Ticketing System Help Star 8.0, Heat and Remedy
• Security Monitoring Tools: Tripwire-Security Event Information Management, Solorwinds Security Event Information Management, Barracuda NG Firewall Nagios - Network monitoring tool-Unix and Linux, Metasploit - Penetrating Testing SoftwareNsauditor, Nagwin-windows, NIDS- Snort, Open BSD HBIDS-OSSEC Alien-valuet- United Security Management Staffcop Standard, NMAP, Nessus Vulnerability Scanner
• Call Tracking Tools- Help Desk Ticketing System Help Star 8.0, Heat and Remedy
Service now ticketing system
● IT Compliance- GLBA,SOX, […]