Network Specialist with over 5 years of experience in networking, troubleshooting, help desk, configuring, implementing and installation of business, retail, and residential computer systems on Windows/OS2/Lotus Notes operating systems and Web Design.
2008 to Present
Contract work for IBM
• The Contract work for IBM entails, Network troubleshooting EC changes, ghost images and document serials numbers.
• Mass Mutual, Brown and Brown Insurance and HARVARD LAW SCHOOL are a few of their accounts.
• Install/Upgraded and purchased Symantec Business AntiVirus 10.0 for HLFuel and Financial Inc.
• Installed and Maintained 3 SBS 2003 Servers.
Contract work for KEY Bank
• Network troubleshooting EC changes, ghost images, document serials numbers, Move and changes, phone support and hardware repair, this included laptops.
Contract work for the VA Hospitals
• Installs new desktop PC's
• Network troubleshooting
• EC changes and images
• Working with VA administrators to document serials numbers and report the work done to Dell.
• Installed 3 Power Edge 2,2600 and 1 1800 server
• Installed EXCHANGE 2003 server for ASACSC
• Managing and administering backups for HLFuel, Whipple City Inc, Cruise Planners and Financial Inc.
• Installed and Maintain Print servers and network printers
Contract work for HP
• Installed/tested client side PCs at several Smith Barney sites.
• Installed/upgraded and tested a Citizens Bank Server/PC network
Worked in NYS E-Med computer war room as a Network Specialist
• Installed and maintained ADP payroll software/SQL server for ASACSC County building
• Installed EXCHANGE 2003 server for ASACSC
• Worked in NYS E-Med computer war room.. As Network Specialist.
• Installed ADP payroll software/SQL server
• Windows 2003 Small Business Server install\upgrade for HLFuel
• Windows 2003 Small Business Server install\upgrade for ASACSC
• VPN Installed for HLFuel
• Installed/configured Point of Sale PCs/cooks printers and cash registrars at Whipple City Pizza restaurants
• Windows 2000 Pro Server install/upgrade for Whipple City Pizza Inc.
• WIRELESS Network installed for Whipple City Pizza Inc
• Windows 2000 upgrade to Windows XP for Baur Insurance Company.
• Windows 98 upgrade to Windows XP for Ron Dever Chiropractics.
• Windows 98 upgrade to Windows XP for Anchor Accountants
NETWORK SPECIALIST, HARDWARE, POS INSTALL SPECIALIST, TEAMLEAD
2008 to 2012
Networking, troubleshooting, help desk, configuring, implementing and installation of business, retail, and residential computer systems on Windows/OS2/Lotus Notes operating systems.
• Onsite Team Leader and Install Tech for the NY State campus.
• Led all NY State accounts by exceeding all expectations for the contract.
• The DOT, TAX, DMV and Albany's congress offices were some of the departments worked at.
• The work included Rollouts (Windows 98/NT workstation), Help desk, Break-fix (laptops, desktops, servers, printers), Upgrades and Networks.
• Hired as the first Network Specialist and promoted from within the IBM Group to service the Capital District.
• Assumed responsibilities of Lead Tech for 3 years as well as Team Leader for the IBM / WORLD COM Router contract.
• Installed and maintained many GE Power System routers
• Level 2 Network Specialist and United States Post Office
• Tier 3 Specialist for the largest POS rollout contract in IBM's history.
• One of eight Tier 3 Specialists in the country, just one level below a Systems Programmer.
• Provided technical assistance from the help desk in Houston, TX to the POS Techs in the field.
• Lead Tech and Team Leader for IBM/Albany and surrounding area's POS installs.
• Installed computers (Windows XP) and cash register retail systems at WalMart, HALLMARK, BEST BUY, The GAP and OLD Navy.
• Acted as "go to tech" for the IBM / HONYWELL contract. Received a security clearance from Honeywell.
• Assigned to 3 different departments.
• Owned 2 Employee serial numbers that allowed me to quickly and easily do crossover work for the Hardware Group.
• Trained, supervised and was involved in the hiring of new employees
Bachelors in Business Administration
Certificate in Novell Networks and Novell Advanced Admin
• Wincor Nixdorf ETRADE ATM trained.
• Experienced with all types of image rollouts
• Experience with all types of POS systems
• Experienced with CISCO Routers, WINDOWS 2003 Server/XP/2000/Advance Server/NT/ME/98/95, EXCHANGE 2K3, Backup software, NOVELL 3.12, OS2, Lotus Notes, MS Office, JAVA 2, HTML 4.0, VB, Quick Books Pro (Multi user) and Symantec Anti Virus Server/Client.