• Over 15 years of upper level management experience
• Excellent Customer Service Skills/ worked on numerous special management projects
• Ability to work independently/also enjoy group projects as well
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office Software, mobile software, facebook & twitter
• Able to travel if needed
• Flexible with office work schedule
• Ability to work with a diverse population such as those whom are suffering from addiction/ sexual abuse/ physical abuse/ mental disabilities and/or physical disabilities/ couples and families/ individual
Mental Health Counselor Intern / Intake Specialist
July 2012 to Present
• Assist their clients in communicating their thoughts; help them recognize the factors and stimuli that play a role in the different areas of their life and subsequent problems. Work with clients who have a variety of issues, depression, anxiety, PTSD, bipolar etc.
• Assess their clients via observations, interviews and testing, in order come to up with a treatment plan which afford patients a range of skills and strategies to deal with their circumstances.
• Work with their clients on an individual or group basis, they may consult with other members of the healthcare community, workforce or school to help communicate and resolve any conflicts or stresses that are taking place.
• Counseling interns have to work with clients from different ethnic backgrounds, who have mild, medium or severe mental disabilities including those who have been physically, sexually or emotionally abused.
Office Manager/Registrar/Media Center Coordinator
January 2008 to March 2011
Create and maintain all front office files. This includes sending for all required transcripts, making sure all necessary forms are in the file and completed correctly
* Administer, Prepare and grade entrance examination for prospective students.
• Manage all aspects of the Business office, which includes accurately posting students payments.
• Provide excellent customer service for internal and external customers
• Consistently interact with faculty in preparation of student Midterm and Final grades
• Maintain accurate attendance records to ensure that the institutions is staying within the guidelines established by the Department of Education
• Prepared/Maintained and presented budget to School Director on a monthly basis to keep track of cash flow and expenditures/actual/projected revenue
• Prepare Weekly Enrollment Reports and Weekly Attendance Reports
• Work with Financial Aid Director and the third party collection agency to ensure maximum revenue for the institution
• Counsel and educate students on the importance of knowing there
student accounts & there tuition charges how they are divided up
July 2006 to October 2006
Manage the school's petty cash fund
• Oversees the deposits of the school's and students' monies, USDA funds, Reduced Lunch money
• Reviews and expedites the processing of all school purchase orders and purchasing contracts; Directs the enrollment process;
• Directs the record keeping process and secures the school records;
• Coordinates and participates in student recruitment programs;
• Oversees the transportation department; Assists the principal in training and monitoring of school personnel; Assists in all authorized audits, (State, Federal, FTE);
• Serves as a liaison on matters related to the school's financial activities which included cash flow reports, expenditures, actual revenue, projected revenue;
• Directs the preparation of attendance reports; performs any other duties that may be assigned.
Office Management Coordinator/ VISTA Volunteer
August 2005 to July 2006
Facilitate and coordinate the daily operations of the central office to ensure appropriate flow of information between field Coordinators and Executive Coordinator.
• Provide human resources services for volunteers referred by other Coordinators including recruitment, screening and interviewing, training, records system, evaluation, etc.
• Maintain calendar of events and meetings to avoid conflicts between Coordinators and the community. Facilitate sub-committee on Ex-offenders Reentry.
• Effective verbal and written communications skills and an intuitive listener.
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadline.
• Interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution, crisis intervention and consensus.
• Demonstrates the ability to manage their time effectively using a time management system; Excellent computer skills; Possesses strong ability to multitasking and leadership
Physician Referral Service Counselor
July 2002 to June 2005
Answer incoming telephone calls quickly and efficiently for over 700 callers per month
• Identify the needs of the customers & determine the appropriate health care resource to meet those needs; Worked with third party billing and collections.
• Worked with third party hospital reimbursement and had to know federal regulations. Have understanding of debits, credits and coordination of benefits. Transfer calls to other PHA staff as appropriate
• Work with PHA member offices to ensure their referral information is updated & accurate
• Provide referral information for KMC Network Preferred Employees and the General Public; Other duties as assigned
PhD in Psychology
2014 to 2018
Masters in Clinical Psychology
2010 to 2014
Associate of Applied Science
Bachelors in Social Psychology
RELATED SKILLS: QuickBooks for Non-Profits, QuickBooks for small business, Expert in all Microsoft Office XP Software, MS Outlook and Internet Explorer, Medical Terminology I, II and III, MediSoft Medical Billing Software, Processed Medicaid & Medicaid HMO payers, reviewed remittance codes, insurance verification and claims follow-up. Good with CPT and ICD-9 codes from working at Humana and have a working knowledge of coordination of benefits (COB).
QUALIFICATIONS: Managerial Experience
Excellent Organizational Skills
Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
Ability to work independently and make decisions necessary to accomplish responsibilities
Punctual and dependable