EMR Implementation Specialist/QA Tester
January 2013 to Present
• Project Manager for over 35 implementations from start to finish for medical practices ranging from 1-15+ providers.
• Responsible for testing Meaningful Use Stage 2 items in the system and conducted certification test with proctor from certification firm.
• Authored EHR Usability Report Published on the ONC and Drummond Group.
• Formally document the design, build and testing of the EMR project via status reports, templates, and testing plans.
• Develop client relationships to better address particular issues and further the success of the implementations.
• Assist with the build, test and implementation of new interfaces between the EMR product, practice management system and external entities/equipment (i.e., labs, diagnostic machines).
• Train providers and staff in usage of EMR system based on each individual’s role in the practice.
• Serve as a liaison to facilitate communication between clinical providers, technical and operational teams.
• Work with providers/office managers to designate office workflow best suited for each particular practice.
• Participate in the development and project management of new interfaces to outside labs.
• Aid clients in obtaining Meaningful Use by demonstrating report generation, training, and conducting walkthroughs of CMS website.
• Provide ongoing support to existing clients and ensure they are satisfied with the program and implementation.
• Quality Assurance and Testing for over 200 tasks including bug fixes, new features, enhancements, etc.
• Construct Changelogs for updates to inform clients of the changes made to the EMR system
• Coordinate with developers to designate and prioritize timeline for the release of new versions.
• Work with developers to optimize new features and enhancements.
• Participate and lead validation testing of new design/build and provide implementation support.
EMR Implementor/Health Information Manager
March 2009 to December 2012
Planned, managed and evaluated the Health Information function to ensure that all activities are conducted in a timely
manner and in accordance with internal policies.
• Implemented Allscripts MyWay EMR for over 8000 patients.
• Trained 10+ employees in using Allscripts MyWay EMR system and provided ongoing support.
• Maintained information in EMR system in accordance with Meaningful Use standards in order to obtain Medicare
government incentive bonus.
• Integrated all medical patient charts for over 8000 patients into EMR system in order to access all documents electronically.
• Troubleshoot technical, network, and EMR issues.
• Integrated lab system through the use of HL7 to allow patients to access results and files electronically through the use of a
• Managed the medical billing, patient/staff scheduling and supply inventories of the office.
• Presented data and analysis to doctors and nurses through the use of interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ensured records met quality and risk-management requirements.
• Implemented, and managed the quality improvement, and assurance for approximately 20 incoming patients daily.
• Improved process flow of document scanning and management of over 8000 charts.
• Designed and managed website an html based platform.
• Built relationships with over 50 third-party Medical Supply Companies, HMOs, PPOs, Medicare, Medicaid, workers'
compensation (WC) carriers and independent commercial carriers.
B.A. in Political Science and Middle Eastern Studies
September 2007 to May 2011
Fluent in reading, writing, and speaking the Arabic language. Conversational in Spanish. Computer Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook. Working Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, C++, Microsoft Visual Studio and Java. Proficient in computer hardware and software repair. CPR Certification for Healthcare Providers. Strong communication skills. Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment.
SKILLS & CORE COMPETENCIES
• Fluent in reading, writing, and speaking the Arabic language. Conversational in Spanish
• Computer Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook
• Proficient in computer hardware and software repair
• CPR Certification for Healthcare Providers
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment.