EMR Implementation Specialist/QA Tester
January 2013 to Present
• Project Manager for over 35 implementations from start to finish for medical practices ranging from 1-15+ providers.
• Responsible for testing Meaningful Use Stage 2 items in the system and conducted certification test with proctor from certification firm.
• Authored EHR Usability Report Published on the ONC and Drummond Group.
• Formally document the design, build and testing of the EMR project via status reports, templates, and testing plans.
• Develop client relationships to better address particular issues and further the success of the implementations.
• Assist with the build, test and implementation of new interfaces between the EMR product, practice management system and external entities/equipment (i.e., labs, diagnostic machines).
• Train providers and staff in usage of EMR system based on each individual’s role in the practice.
• Serve as a liaison to facilitate communication between clinical providers, technical and operational teams.
• Work with providers/office managers to designate office workflow best suited for each particular practice.
• Participate in the development and project management of new interfaces to outside labs.
• Aid clients in obtaining Meaningful Use by demonstrating report generation, training, and conducting walkthroughs of CMS website.
• Provide ongoing support to existing clients and ensure they are satisfied with the program and implementation.
• Quality Assurance and Testing for over 200 tasks including bug fixes, new features, enhancements, etc.
• Construct Changelogs for updates to inform clients of the changes made to the EMR system
• Coordinate with developers to designate and prioritize timeline for the release of new versions.
• Work with developers to optimize new features and enhancements.
• Participate and lead validation testing of new design/build and provide implementation support.
EMR Implementor/Health Information Manager
March 2009 to December 2012
Planned, managed and evaluated the Health Information function to ensure that all activities are conducted in a timely
manner and in accordance with internal policies.
• Implemented Allscripts MyWay EMR for over 8000 patients.
• Trained 10+ employees in using Allscripts MyWay EMR system and provided ongoing support.
• Maintained information in EMR system in accordance with Meaningful Use standards in order to obtain Medicare
government incentive bonus.
• Integrated all medical patient charts for over 8000 patients into EMR system in order to access all documents electronically.
• Troubleshoot technical, network, and EMR issues.
• Integrated lab system through the use of HL7 to allow patients to access results and files electronically through the use of a
• Managed the medical billing, patient/staff scheduling and supply inventories of the office.
• Presented data and analysis to doctors and nurses through the use of interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ensured records met quality and risk-management requirements.
• Implemented, and managed the quality improvement, and assurance for approximately 20 incoming patients daily.
• Improved process flow of document scanning and management of over 8000 charts.
• Designed and managed website an html based platform.
• Built relationships with over 50 third-party Medical Supply Companies, HMOs, PPOs, Medicare, Medicaid, workers'
compensation (WC) carriers and independent commercial carriers.
B.A. in Political Science and Middle Eastern Studies
September 2007 to May 2011
SKILLS & CORE COMPETENCIES
• Fluent in reading, writing, and speaking the Arabic language. Conversational in Spanish
• Computer Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook
• Proficient in computer hardware and software repair
• CPR Certification for Healthcare Providers
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment.