2008 to 2010
Managed Maintenance Supervisors, Storeroom personnel, and Controls Specialist. Conducted annual employee performance reviews and provided proper feedback. Ensured that maintenance employees are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program was accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost effective manner. Worked closely with plant operations to coordinate any maintenance activities. Initiated, implemented, and managed the plant maintenance program based on best practices in the roofing industry, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance.
• Selected as Member of the plant EH&S team.
• Participated in objective setting, plan development, and performance review of the plant performance.
• Monitored the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment, and initiates reordering when necessary.
• Maintained a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) for tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment. Maximo is the CMMS used at GAF Materials.
• Prepared reports, analyzed data, and made recommendations for improving plant operations and solving maintenance related issues.
• Assisted in hiring of all maintenance personnel and middle management positions.
• Monitored the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner and to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Initiated and carried out projects that improved efficiency and/or reduce operation cost.
• Responsible for all capital projects and any sub-contracted work completed on plant grounds.
• Maintained safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures.
• Responsible for all work permits, including "Hot Work, Hazardous Work, Roof Access, and Ariel Work permits".
2000 to 2010
2000 to 2008
Supervised personnel internal and external to ensure maintenance was performed correctly and in a timely manner. Supervised eighteen maintenance mechanics. Assisted in contacting vendors for repair parts, spares, and major repair jobs and coordinated with production and engineering on new projects and upgrades.
• Assisted in prioritizing, planning, and scheduling of maintenance work.
• Monitored department budgets and ensure achievement of goals.
• Support safety program and goals.
• Analyzed maintenance problems and devises solutions.
• Analyzed and implemented training to meet the needs of subordinates.
• Executed the process for providing performance evaluation and feedback. Develops and implements plans based on evaluation.
• Led plant maintenance safety meetings and documentation.
Maintenance Department Manager
1999 to 2000
Trained maintenance employees in all levels of electrical maintenance from basic electricity to troubleshooting techniques. Responsible for purchasing electrical parts and supplies. Conducted
electrical safety plant audits.
• Troubleshot and maintain Allen Bradley PLC and SLC 500 series using RS Logix Software; Eurotherm 590 DC Drive using Config ED Lite software; and Allen Bradley 1305, 1336, and 1395 DC Drives.
Assistant Plant Engineer
1986 to 1998
Supervised twelve shift electricians at three separate plants, which included industrial electrical systems maintenance (480 VAC/ 600 VAC and various DC voltage). Established budget and purchase electrical parts and supplies and updated inventories.
• Responsible for company owned substation with 4160 volt primary and 600 volt secondary electricity.
• Updated, modified, and troubleshot automated machinery run by Square D, General Electrics, Mitsubishi programmable controllers.
• Maintained all HVAC systems including Trane low pressure chillers and heat pumps.
• Maintain FUGI and Allen-Bradley drives and inverters.
• Overhaul split case and vertical shaft water pumps
• Perform preventive maintenance and needed repairs to Sullair screw machine and Piston drive Ingersoll Rand compressors
• Inspection of fire prevention systems weekly
• Contract annual inspection of fire prevention systems
• Knowledgeable of all controls and operation of ARGUS fire prevention
• Representative on Safety Council Committee and Member of Incipient Fire Brigade
• Trained and certified in CPR and First Aid by the American Red Cross
1985 to 1986
1981 to 1985
Responsible for all maintenance of production machinery as well as trouble-shooting when necessary. Conducted maintenance on air, water, and gas lines including design and construction of additional lines as needed.
Supervisory duties consisted of identifying maintenance needs, prioritizing work items, and assigning duties for twelve production and four maintenance employees.
Industrial Electrical Technology
Certificate of Maintenance Management
Extensive experience in all areas of machinery and plant maintenance. Proven excellence with Lean Manufacturing, problem solving, elimination of production bottlenecks, and project management. Highly motivated team player with exceptional communication skills tailored for all levels. Well respected and consistently recognized as a top performer with exceptional work ethic.