Serve the Organization and its People, by enabling them to meet the Organizational Objectives by applying various HR tools while working with uncompromising integrity & Quality.
Employee Relations Manager
September 2004 to October 2006
Manage the entire gamut of HR activities, compensation & benefits, performance Management, policy formulation, relationship management, employee welfare, etc.
• HR POLICY: Formulation & Implementation of Policies & Procedures. Monitor effectiveness of all HR policies, practices and processes to determine efficiency and effectiveness. Recommend improvements to achieve and deliver improved results.
• HR PROCESSES & REPORTING: Designed the HR BPMS and Reporting.
• EMPLOYEE RELATIONS: Manage employee relations issues (performance plans, Employee conduct and manager issues) by acting as a resource to the employee, intervening when necessary. Provide guidance and counseling to managers on employee-related matters.
• EMPLOYEE TOUCH: Designed & implemented various Employee Touch Programs like New Employee Handholding, Leadership Milan, Round Tables, Employee Helpline, Payroll & Tax helpdesk (Managing Personal Finances)
• HR BUSINESS PARTNER: Assist Senior Management in implementing people strategies and support Line Managers & ensure skill transfer on handling employee issues.
• DOWNSIZING & REDEPLOYMENT: Carried out smooth ramp down of processes and ensured more than 50% employees were redeployed.
• PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT: Setting up of Performance Management System. Conceptualized & implemented Assessment Centre. Participated in job evaluation and performance management reviews.
• COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Provide support to Senior Management to plan & implement compensation and benefit processes. Bonus Preparation & Salary fitments.
• EMPLAYEE ENGAGEMENT SURVEY: Designed & conducted the Annual Employee Engagement Survey.
• HR LEAD: Leading, mentoring & monitoring the performance of team members to ensure efficiency in process operations and meeting of individual & group targets.
Assistant Manager - Corporate HR
May 2002 to December 2003
I was responsible for managing all HR Operations of the financing business, spread across 44 locations in India. Key responsibilities included
• Support Senior Management in formulation & improvement of policies & procedures / programs - communicate to all employees and ensure implementation.
• Organizational Restructuring - Realigning the organization structure and the policies as per the GE Corporate policy.
• HR Budgeting & Forecasting
• Benchmarking of HR Processes and sharing HR Best Practices.
• Maintain strong relationship with internal linkages to resolve employee queries, complaints and mitigate employee relation issues.
• Conceptualized and implemented HR Dashboards.
• On the digitization front, launched HR MIS, which was being used for all HR reporting and formed the basis of strategic decisions.
• Organization announcements for new joinees, vertical and lateral movements, Monthly HR Communication events like Web chats, R & R Announcements, HR Update.
• Independently ran the GE Quality and Growth survey for GE Countrywide.
Senior Officer Human Resources
May 2000 to April 2002
As part of Career progression, was selected for HR. In this role I was responsible for managing the entire gamut of HR activities and was involved in ramping up the inbound Call Centre from 150 to 1200 FTE in a span of One year. Key responsibilities were
• Supported corporate hiring team in Outstation hiring.
• Organized & Conducted Assessment Centre for the Team Leaders.
• Designed & Managed Key People Processes ie. Manpower reporting, Employee Confirmation & Appraisal, Bonus Preparations, Transfers, Redeployment, Exit Processes.
• Implementation & Integration of Oracle HR
• Framed Variable Incentive Policy, salary fitments and market correction based on compensation survey.
• MIS and Dashboards: Conceptualized and implemented the HR MIS
• Instrumental in designing the Happy Hours & Query Resolution tool.
• Driving employee satisfaction surveys, Focus Groups, Town halls, communication calendar, Pulses, etc.
GENPACT (Formerly GE Capital International Services - Collections)
August 1998 to April 2000
I was among the batch of first 17 people who were hired for the first Voice Process, which started operations from India. Successfully completed the Early and Late stage collections pilots.
Imparted, on the job training to new joinees and to employees who needed improvement.
May 1997 to August 1998
with the leading Express Company and was responsible for enhancement and retention of business.
September 1996 to May 1997
with the Direct-Selling Associates of American Express.
Bachelor of Commerce
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Review, plan, establish and ensure implementation of HR policies and procedures as per Organizational guidelines.
• Interpersonal Skills for effective relationship building /effective presentation skills
• Strong fact gathering capabilities and analytical abilities along with skills to evaluate efficiency of the processes especially for optimum manpower utilization.
• Ability to operate sensitively in multi-cultural environments & build effective working relations with clients and colleagues.
• Ability to think strategically.
• Time and Project Management skills to ensure timely completion of tasks.
• Have an eye for detail and to stay organized with a knack to always look beyond.
• Good communication and consultative skills to create win-win situations.
• Ability to be flexible while not compromising with accuracy.
• Deliver in a changing environment with a sense of urgency and drive for results.
• Able to work independently and execute tasks with minimal directions.
• Ability to handle confidential matters with utmost integrity.
Rewards and Recognition
Throughout my career I have been rated as "A" player symbolizing outstanding performance.
• Received Extra Miler Award in GE Countrywide for exemplary performance in Dec 2002.
• Received Extra Miler Award by the Vice President HR for Contact Center in Dec 2001.
• Received the Extra Miler Award from GECIS contact centre CEO in June 2001.
• Appreciation Award by Hiring Leader for supporting mass hiring requirement in Dec 2000.
• Service Excellence team award in April 1999.