Motivated, goal-oriented individual looking for opportunities in the tech industry to showcase and develop customer service, analytical, managerial, and organizational skills that will help progress career aspirations and tackle increasingly difficult challenges.
Experience in the mobile device advertising, marketing and promotions, community relations, social service, website advertising (publisher/advertiser knowledge), management, and customer service.
Studies include Economics, Business, and Accounting.
April 2013 to Present
• Launched a website to incorporate various aspects of Bay Area culture to create a resource of media catered to Bay Area residents. Includes sports, music, and entertainment.
• Creative writing/sports analysis: head writer for the Golden State Warriors segment. Contributions include recaps, previews, statistical analysis, and entertainment musings.
• Determined best practices, topics, and channels of traffic derived from data accumulation to generate views, retain readers, and attract new users - resulted in 30 followers, 5 general topics with various related topics, and 6,500+ views in a 10 week span.
• Strategized and developed marketing strategies through social media advertising, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, as well as Reddit, targeting relevant audiences based on topic and social network used.
• Excel pivot tables, macros, data entry, and filters used to make sense of aggregated data regarding website progress.
• Management: sent out a monthly report regarding website's direction, analysis of statistics regarding traffic, marketing and advertising, new ideas, and website optimization. Formally communicated with other writers to generate a sense of cohesion and direction for more productive engagement and creative thinking.
• Website design: used themes available on Wordpress.com and adjusted widgets available to create a simple, easy-to-follow layout for user navigation. HTML skills used for revision of website design.
Ad Moderation Coordinator
October 2012 to May 2013
• Collaborated with Google Policy Team located in India to moderate mobile display advertisements ranging 250-450+ per day. Moderations were based on Google AdWord policy.
• Answered 15+ emails per day - concisely communicating solutions to advertiser and account manager queries regarding AdWords and AdMob policy as it pertains to mobile advertisements.
• Clarified 15+ account manager requests per day to provide reasoning for ad rejections, citing AdWords policy which enforces clear, accurate, and relevant advertisements be ran on the Google Display Network. Failure to comply to policy resulted in a poor end-user experience, decreased revenue for publishers, as well as lowered conversion rates for advertisers.
• Assisted Google's Global Mobile Sales Team in the development of training documents and websites to be used by Google's Mobile Product Specialists, Sales teams, and trainings globally.
• Strategized best practices and processes to learn Google’s Mobile ad product offering. Assembled a comprehensive training deck prepared linearly to optimize reader education.
• Translated technical aspects of Mobile Search and Display ad products into easy-to-read content for readers to understand how Search drives conversions and Display builds brand awareness.
• Used Google Apps such as gDoc's, Spreadsheets, Calendar, Drive, and Slides on a daily basis - gaining familiarity with the overwhelming benefits of cloud technology, as well as becoming well-versed in the use of internal business-related apps. Google Apps provided a seamless experience to collaborate cross-functionally to draw relevant information as it pertained to the training decks I assembled.
Mentor for Students Working on Social Ventures
December 2012 to February 2013
Mentored middle school students in their first experience designing a solution to a social problem they care about. Worked with a small team of students and helped them research a social challenge, design a plan of action, and test their social venture idea.
January 2012 to June 2012
• Conducted managerial duties that further developed communication, leadership, and prioritization skills.
• Balanced duties of varying urgency, which included: product placement and presentation, directing student employees to duties in need of additional help, constant dialogue with store manager regarding inventory and sales patterns, and answering customer feedback on a weekly basis.
• Developed a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet outlining week-by-week sales and patron number comparisons throughout the school quarter. Same spreadsheet applied to last year’s sales and patrons of similar timeframes. A part of a $25,076 revenue increase and a 1,005 patron increase from the previous school quarter.
• Set up, interviewed, hired, and trained a new employee to work directly under myself. Training focused on developing skills for the new hire to provide the store added productivity in areas of: customer service, inventory, cashier, or cook. Obtained valuable information on the hiring process and what employers may be looking for in different situations.
Marketing and Promotions Intern
December 2011 to April 2012
• Assisted in the promotion of season-ticket and multi-game packages to fans and potential customers. Responsibilities included setting up displays regarding upcoming ticket deals before games and distributing promotional items at a large scale.
• Ensured added customer satisfaction by speaking with customers at large scale, distribution of promotional items, directing them to areas of need, or working exclusive season-ticket holder events hosted by the Golden State Warriors organization. Events included Warriors Wine and Dine Event, as well as Meet and Greet autograph signings with former and current players that included NBA All-Stars and Hall of Famers.
• Provided administrative assistance to help assemble season ticket holder packages at the Golden State Warriors corporate office located in downtown Oakland.
• Worked cross-functionally by servicing the Group Sales, Ticket Sales, and Community Relations Departments at various times throughout the season.
Bachelor of Arts in Business Management Economics
2010 to 2012