Richmond Hill, NY
A dedicated and accomplished information technology professional, with extensive experience in project management, budget planning and administration, legal IT systems, software standards, SOP and SOX enforcement, IS strategic planning, inventory control, training and development, and executive support. A strategic thinker, known for developing and executing innovative strategies to optimize business operations, boost productivity, and control costs. Places emphasis on remote support of multiple technologies, both domestically and internationally.
Global IT Director
March 2013 to Present
Currently responsible for all corporate IT infrastructures in 9 offices in 3 countries supporting 450 users managing a 1.6 Million Budget
• Planned, initiated and executed all IT structure and AV build out for NY 10.3 million dollar office expansion
• Rolled out Active Directory and financial controls company wide
• Created domain's and trusts with US and International office's
• Implemented IT standards on a global scale with a total staff of 9 ( 3 direct and 6 subordinates)
• Wrote IT roadmap and budget structure for 2014 and reduced costs by 240K in first year
• Stabilized Internal network with new phone system and Miraki Switches with a full ROI of 21 months
• Improved communications company wide with video conferencing, improved CEO town halls and better services for employee's
• Created Disaster Recovery procedure and infrastructure
• Initiated customer service standards through measureable tools and also improved support services and staff.
• Worked with CTO on client facing contracts to improved Technical operations contracts and SLA's
• Temporarily ran corporate operations and facilities in interim for 6 months until Director were hired
• Revamped network firewalls to increase network speed through cloud based manageability while also initiating WAN acceleration with internet filtering using Palo alto and Miraki products.
• Setup remote access and VPN tunnels between all offices and allowed employee's access from remotely.
Head of IT
2012 to 2013
Over saw all areas of IT Infrastructure for corporate headquarters along with distillery and bottling operations around the US.
• Manage 1.5 million budget ( Capx & Opex) reporting directly to the CFO & CEO
• Reduced Operating cost by 100,000 in less than 6 months with the company by renegotiating Company IT Contracts
• Improved customer service and satisfaction with IT department to a 97% rating in 6 months
• Wrote and Implemented IT procedures and policies to ensure financial compliance
• Revamped Disaster recovery procedure that allowed 48 hour full systems recovery after Hurricane Sandy
• Implemented Citrix solution to allow remote access for SAP and other systems
• Manage National support team with 2 direct reports and 4 technicians supporting 200 users
Sr. Information Technology Manager (office relocated to AK)
2009 to March 2012
Responsible for all areas of IT for New York trend and apparel office including application distribution (SMS), VoIP phones, video conferencing, desktops, and Macs. In addition provided Global inter-office support and strategy development.
• Support all Executive Officers both based in NY and Home office.
• Managed Capex & Opex IT budget of $ 900,000.
• Oversaw staff of three engineers, who performed third-level daily support for all servers, desktops, and mobile devices, supporting 315 users.
• Increased network speed by 35%.
• Managed New York licensing and hardware compliance, updating SOPs as well as SOX compliance.
• Built out and updated current server room to industry best practices (PCI compliant)
• Negotiated both software and hardware contracts, along with budget review.
• Reduced cost on contracts in excess of $110,000 for 2011 fiscal year.
• Beta-tested new software for Global IT environment; served as member of deployment team.
• Wrote disaster recovery and evacuation plan for New York office in conjunction with Senior Vice President and Executive Vice President.
East Coast Information Systems Manager
2007 to 2008
Supported 16 offices (500 users, BlackBerry peripheral devices, and four data centers). Oversaw SOPs and enforcement of both SOX and internal procedures. Reported directly to Vice President of Technology on weekly status reports for staff, ticket resolutions, outages, and high-profile incidents throughout the region.
• Managed IT projects, including centralizing file-share cluster, preparing and managing business continuity plans, and rolling out region-wide VoIP.
• Worked with 15 General Managers and two Regional Vice Presidents to maintain customer service levels and retain confidence in the IS group.
• Supervised field technicians and help desk on training, ticket resolutions, and escalation procedures.
• Worked with corporate HQ to test new technologies, deployment, and development strategies.
• Improved and contributed as member of Image Committee and IS strategy team.
• Increased and improved security of all remote systems to ensure data integrity and complience
PC Support Manager, U.S. Remote
2005 to 2007
Supported seven remote offices nationwide.
• Improved customer satisfaction, working directly with the Global PC Support Director on strategic planning and methodologies.
• Rolled out XP to over 300 users in seven separate locations.
• Led contract negotiations and interacted regularly with vendors, such as Dell, Microsoft, and Canon.
• Tested all new applications for interaction with IT environment, including Windows Vista.
• Trained and oriented new employees, help desk, and support technicians.
• Managed server rooms for all locations.
Manager/Consultant, Help Desk
2004 to 2005
Director, Information Technology Operations
2003 to 2004
Oversaw all aspects of IT operations for 180 users. Managed staff of six direct reports. Responsible for local operations (server room) and IT security. Worked directly with HR to develop on-boarding, new employee orientation, and departures.
Manager, PC Support and Help Desk
1999 to 2003
Senior Branch Coordinator, East Coast and Midwest Branches
1998 to 1999
Branch Coordinator, Southeast Branches, 1997-1998.
Applications: Good, DOCs Open; SharePoint; MS Office; E-Copy; Cisco Call Manager, Code 42; DeltaView; Lotus Notes; Remedy, MS dynamics Infra; Track-It;Crystal Reports; Adobe (Full Suite); Lotus Suite;Quark; VPN Clients (Cisco & PaloAlto); Symantec Products - Antivirus, Ghost, ACT, pcAnywhere; Lexus/Nexus; Access; Custom VB Applications; Document Management; Image Cast; Blackberry, Outlook; Heat; SPSS; Quanvert; VNC; Wireless Ruckus, Meraki; Remote Desktop; Visual Basic; Java; Frameworks. Dynamic's, Great plains, Keysperkey
Operating Systems: Windows - All Versions (XP, Windows 7), MAC, UNIX, Linux, Active Directory
Server Systems: SMS, SAAS, Veeam, Exchange 2010, NAS, SAN, MS Server 2012, Zen Center, SQL, NDS, Active Directory, V2I Windows Server, WSUS, Blackberry Enterprise (BES), Novell, Apple Talk, Alteris, BindView, TCP/IP, DMZ, Pixie, Citrix, VM ware, Astaro, Palo Alto & Meraki Firewalls, Netapp, 3PAR, Intermedia, VOIP, Hosted exchange, Active Sync, WAN acceleration
Hardware: IPads, Tablets, HP, Dell & IBM Servers, Cisco & Meraki Switches, Lenovo, HP, Dell and Toshiba Laptops & Desktops, ISDN, UPS, Cable (CAT 5 & 6 and Fiber) Gigabit Ethernet, HP, Xerox & Brother Printers, Wireless Cisco, Ruckus, Aruba & Meraki WAP's, Cisco Routers, Xerox Copiers, Peripheral Devices (BlackBerry, IPhones, Android)