Senior IT Specialist - Technical Lead, Global Business Services
1999 to 2012
Collaborated with clients and support teams to design, develop and maintain web-based enterprise solutions in support of internal operations such as Real Estate, Site Operations and Research.
• Developed Java Websphere application used to provide an approval workflow for requests to present information at public venues. Approved requests were stored in DB2 database. Replaced legacy application, increasing availability to more users. Designed and implemented JSPs utilizing Struts, and jQuery. Experiences with Rational Application Developer and Eclipse.
- Provided strategic and financial benefits for IBM, including a single worldwide solution that replaced numerous other applications, national language support capability and ease of access to chemical information.
- Redesigned, planned and implemented extensive changes of Domino web-based chemical application to provide Toxic Substances Control Act information on schedule. Changes were part of an agreement with the Environmental Protection Agency to avoid fines of up to hundreds of thousands of dollars if they had not been deployed on time.
• Estimated and managed team workload. Worked closely with clients throughout the entire development process. Managed standard development and test environments and ensured that they adhered to production requirements.
• Received formal Agile classroom education. Experience working with Agile software development methodologies.
• Worked closely with Project Managers to insure development processes followed guidelines set by Project Management Institute's Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
• Managed functional, system and user testing. Wrote test cases, performed testing, logged defects, resolved defects.
• Consulted with cross-functional teams to review architecture, accessibility, and quality. Experience insuring compliance with standards such as Application Design, Web and Accessibility.
• Provided technical assistance to others in support of their development efforts and propagated new ideas and information to the community.
Programmer, Lotus Notes Databases / Team Lead, Global Services, East Fishkill, NY
Developed Lotus Notes Databases in support of advanced semiconductor development partnership between IBM, Siemens and Toshiba. Interfaced regularly with technical representatives of alliance to define and review requirements and to report on progress. Managed team's workload
Programmer / LAN Administrator, Manufacturing Services, Poughkeepsie, NY
Performed server support in the form of hardware upgrades, system software installation and configuration, db2 database administration and system and database backups for a group that provided manufacturing services to internal and external customers. Also provided programming support in the development of select projects.
Programmer, Advanced Analysis Systems, East Fishkill, NY
Developed and implemented workstation based circuit simulator used throughout IBM's semiconductor design laboratories.
Programmer, Semiconductor Laboratory, East Fishkill, NY
Designed enhancements for applications that identified and generated statistics on failing patterns in the manufacture of semiconductors. Applications were C programs that ran on MVS platform.
Process Engineer, Semiconductor Manufacturing Engineering, East Fishkill, NY
Determined, verified and solved problems with the production process of computer chips. Experimented with manufacturing processes to determine effectiveness of new ones and the possibility of replacing older ones, as well as improvements in cost, time and safety.
MS in Computer Science
BS in Physics
Certificate in e-business programming
Platforms Windows, AIX, UNIX, Linux
Methodologies Waterfall, Agile
Technologies JDBC, JNDI, DB2, CGI, JSP, Servlets, JSTL, AJAX, Dojo, XML, JSON, jQuery
Development Tools Eclipse, Rational Application Developer, Rational Team Concert, Lotus Notes / Domino Designer
Test and Analysis Rational Policy Tester, Firebug, WebKing, Screen Readers