Authorized to work in the US for any employer
October 2014 to Present
• Assists in developing social skills of youths with special needs.
• Motivates clients to participate in program activities.
• Accommodates clients in group activities through creativity.
August 2009 to Present
• Provides excellent customer service through answering inquires and bagging.
• Works in a fast-paced environment.
• Cooperates effectively with co-workers as a team player.
January 2014 to May 2014
• Collaborated with Dr. Meredith Clermont-Ferrand to promote students' understanding of British literature.
• Monitored class participation.
• Facilitated group discussions.
• Provided editorial mark-ups and suggestions on students' homework including their mid-term and final papers.
• Kept the attendance and grades spreadsheet updated daily throughout the semester.
August 2013 to May 2014
• Wrote articles for the alumni newsletter, Keep-ENG In Touch.
• Covered events including poetry readings and coffeehouses.
• Interviewed current students and alumni.
Social Media Manager
August 2013 to December 2013
• Maintained the publication's Facebook and Twitter pages.
• Posted content based on relevance including questions and articles featured in the latest issue.
Arts and Entertainment Staff Writer
August 2012 to May 2013
• Composed articles for the section
• Wrote book reviews.
• Covered events including art gallery exhibitions.
Bachelors of Arts in English
Associates in Liberal Arts and Sciences
Sigma Tau Delta
Inducted into the International English Honors Society, Sigma Tau Delta, on December 5th, 2013.
Keep-ENG In Touch (Fall 2013)
Wrote article, "Spotlight on Kileen Gilroy", on page three.
Keep-ENG In Touch (Spring 2014)
Wrote article, "Successful Turnout at the Eastern Writers Guild Coffeehouse", on page three, and co-wrote the article, "Carlos Andrés Gómez Poetry Reading", with Chris Symonds on page four.
The Campus Lantern (Article Archive)
Articles in the link contain the sent draft in plaintext with the published copy hyperlinked in the byline on each post.
• Teen Social Peer Counselor for Groton Parks and Recreation, Groton CT (Sept. 2009—Sept. 2014)
• Volunteer for Library Lizards at Groton Public Library, Groton CT (October 2014—December 2014)
• Secretary for Eastern Writers Guild, Willimantic CT (August 2013—May 2014)
• Co-Moderator for the English at Work Alumni Panel, Willimantic CT (February 26, 2014)
• After School Tutor at Fitch Middle School, Groton CT (September 2008—June 2012)