Rock Hill, SC
Delegated day to day operations in a jail setting, while managing more than 20 employees to ensure all policy and procedures were followed. Briefed staff on a daily basis of rules and explained expectations. Trained staff and implemented corrective action to improved officer performance. Analytical decision maker with excellent problem solving skills. Proficient in report writing. Qualified and skilled in identifying contraband.
2011 to Present
Supervise more than 6 employees while delegating day to day task. Recognizing patients in crisis and solving issues expeditiously and effectively. Ensuring that all policy and procedures are adhered to. Coordinating movement on a daily basis.
• Supervising adolescent and behavioral problematic children's in a control environment by providing necessary interventions in accordance to facility's policy.
• Providing a safe and secure environment for patients with substance abuse as well as sexual and aggressive behaviors while documenting shift report's on patient's daily behaviors.
• Interacting and being attentive to patients needs throughout the course of a day. Help assist patient with crisis intervention according to facility policy and procedures.
• Part of a control team that deals with high risk situations ensuring the safety and welfare of all patients and staff.
2010 to 2011
Managed more than 7 employees while dictating and delegating day to day operations to ensure all policies and procedures are followed. Exceeded all expectations and follow through on assignments. Take initiative to accomplish task with deadlines.
• Assisted with activities of independent living for patients as well as completed daily logs of patient behavior.
• Ensured the safety and well-being of the patient's both girls and boys.
• Conducted community dorm meeting with patient's to ensure their well-being.
2008 to 2010
Overseen day to day operation of a jail, while managing over 20 employees and 600-1200 inmates at any given time. Provided safety and security for officers and inmates. Ensured that all policies and procedures were adhered to. Conducted training for new officers to ensure adequate training. Analytical decision maker with excellent problem solving skills. Highly effective to team goals and the ability to work well with people as well as independently.
• Command a sort team with 12 specialized train men and women that control problematic inmates in a control setting while ensuring the safety and security of both inmates and staff.
• Delegated day to day operations of a shift with 20 employees under my watch and more than (600-1200) inmates at any given time Including Federal and Ice Inmates.
• Proficient in report writing and use of force writing. Qualified and skill in identifying contraband, as well as extraction during hostile situations. Been through federal audits.
2004 to 2007
Supervised 10-15 employee's while maintaining safety and security for inmates as well as officers.
• Conducted count procedure's as well as retrieved and maintained daily logs
• Completed disciplinary reports, shift briefings and conducted orientation for new officers on safety and security of the facility, and Sort Team Leader.
Associate in General Studies
2012 to 2014
Basic Jail Officer […]
Basic Jail Officer […]
Basic Correctional Officer BMC85G
Trained in CPR-First Aid, Basic Jailer, O.C spray, Taser, NVCI, Correctional Officer, supervisor training, Hippa. Risk assessment and suicide prevention training. Cultural Awareness /Diversity Training, Use of deadly force training. Sort team training, Baton training, Defensive tactics training, Use of force, Gangs, Court room Demeanor and Testimony. Tactical First Aid, Report writing, Security and Integrity of CJ Information, social culture/lifestyles of inmates, Shotgun, Basic D.O.C. Security Training, Sexual Harassment. Truck Driver Training (70 hours of classroom instruction and 110 hours of Range/Road instructions.