San Francisco, CA
I am seeking a challenging position as a Senior Consultant for, Analyst, Director, or
Manager of Business Development, Marketing, Public Affairs, Government Relations
in all Media including Print, Internet ( eBusiness ), Cable, Television, etc.
I would like to work with a company that can utilize my many years of experience and
my many domestic and international contacts in media, industry, government and
• Provide skilled leadership with diverse
international and multicultural teams of
• Developed speakers bureau, with guest
speakers including Nien Cheng and Henry
Louis Gates. Goal to support media literacy
through guest lecturers. Developed
enhanced public affairs outreach amongst
• Company / Project Evangelist
• Instruction / Orientation / Mentoring of Team
• Developing and implementing successful
marketing / business development strategies
Director of Partner Relations
2006 to Present
with offices in San Francisco, Seattle, NYC,
Paris and London) --- Initiated and Developed investor's interest in diverse partnerships among several countries of the European Union including Greece (development of Media Business).
Through StoryFirst and Metromedia relationships and other endeavors; positioned investment
partners and speculative investor companies investing in the future of radio, video data and ancillary assortment of ICTV, internet and telephony networks. Reported directly to CEO.
Public Relations Consultant
2003 to 2006
--- Clients included San Francisco
Marketing / Public Relations / Financial Development Consultant to San Francisco Mayor Gavin
2001 to 2003
San Francisco Government Officials, International Fine Arts Company,
International Sports Professionals, Entertainers and Musicians.
2001 - 2003 Marketing / Public Relations / Financial Development Consultant to San Francisco Mayor Gavin
Newsom --- In coordination with the Mayors Office developed relationships with the private/corporate sector to recruit and retain a pool of corporate giving sponsors, volunteers,
cultivated ideas relative to "White Papers"; Daily functions included research, identification,
cultivation, solicitation, and acquisition of private sector support from individuals, corporations and private foundations.
1997 to 2001
The Education Foundation, DeBartolo Entertainment, Bresnan Communications, Ziff Davis
Magazines - Business Group, The James Brady Foundation, Morton & Bassett Spice Company,
1999 to 1999
99, Playboy Entertainment, Knight-
Ridder New Media, RealCities.com, On Command Video, Net-TV, SEKANI, ZAPWORLD, Imagine
Media, Excite@Home, The CARMEL GROUP
Marketing Director and Account Supervisor
1991 to 1997
• Identified and negotiated content partners for entertainment events on-line promotions,
• Acted as corporate spokesperson for analysts, press interviews, and client relationships
• Created public relations programs, video news releases, and corporate identity videos
i.e. brand identity on multiple platforms
• Developed strategic alliances and sponsorship opportunities for maximizing revenue
• Carried out fundraising and political strategy concerning educational initiatives for
Kaplan Learning. Develop all collateral materials; manage agency selections, interstitial
programming, consumer magazines and other vertical promotions.
• Introduced acquisition, branding, retention and transactional marketing programs.
• Work through internal groups including: technical, programming, sales, business
development and research teams. External Groups: content deals, partnerships
• Managed and developed business strategy (packaging, positioning, pricing, budget
• Carried out event marketing for Pay-Per-View (PPV) regional and national events
including consumer licensing, publishing and new technology opportunities.
• Did sell-in distribution of PPV program series through conventions, client meetings,
coops. Advised affiliates and strategic partners on implementing local radio and retail
promotions; bartered time and developed system pay-per-view giveaways on local
stations. Carried out cause-related and third party promotions. Developed retail
partnerships for advertising sponsorships.
• Did direct mail programs including merge purge demo list with cable zip codes for
Lincoln Center Opera membership discount subscription series.
• Initiated and developed customer service representatives incentive programs (CSR'S)
• Developed point of purchase displays & mobiles for pay-per-view sell-in/tie-in to CD
"Three Tenors" promotion and cable hook-up subscription discounts, to Lincoln
Center's 25th Anniversary Opera; created Tower Records/HMV retail store tie-in.
Client list: Kaplan Learning Systems, PolyGram - Elton John, Pete Townsend, Lincoln Center's
25th Anniversary Opera, Rock Video Girls I & II, Sports Alliance, ABC/ESPN
College Football - PPV, European Soccer Games, The Food Channel, ESPN 2, Graff Spice -Net-
Director of Marketing and Community Development
1988 to 1991
--- ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT/LIFETIME
CABLE NETWORKS, Hearst/ABC /NBC Corporations, New York, NY
• Developed industry trade relations and legislative campaigns through Washington
lobbying efforts, conference sponsorships, business-to-business communications.
• Conducted significant research studies on media literacy in conjunction with Columbia
University, Impact II, NEA, ABC Research, MRI, and Simmons. Presented these findings to Congress.
• Developed and implemented national models for community outreach marketing
programs reaching over 6,000 affiliate stations and 100,000 educators and opinion
leaders per year.
• Created "Cable in the Classroom" programming block as a tool to develop a "bridge between technology and media literacy in the classroom." Developed quarterly
distribution utilizing satellite feed and printed materials to 14,000 schools nationwide.
Appeared on talk shows and panels to promote and acquire endorsements/underwriting for this project. Designed and implemented on-air campaigns, advertising, promotion,
direct mail, sales video, business-to-business communication, event planning and consumer sweepstakes, launching of A&E and Lifetime Networks. Negotiated licensing
opportunities for Network properties.
• Surpassed corporate image and awareness goals by 50% over previous year by creating
targeted mail campaign. Successfully created corporate community programs to integrate national, political, civic, women and art groups including Mrs. Bush's Office-
THE WHITE HOUSE, National Education Associated (NEA), U.S. Conference of Mayors,
Library of Congress, U.S. Newspaper Publishers Association (ANPA) and Action for
Children's Television (ACT).
• Public relations initiative resulted in articles appearing in Business Week, Newsweek,
USA Today, as well as trade publications enhancing national and local image of network and its affiliates.
• Created multimillion-dollar corporate sponsorship partnerships with national advertisers
including negotiating programs, merchandising rights, videotape distribution, and consumer campaigns (AT&T, Business Week, IBM, Nikon, GE).
Director of Marketing and Field Sales
1981 to 1988
• Supervised sales managers and assistants with resulting circulation
increase of 6 million to 44 million subscribers. Opened the Chicago sales office.
• Developed sales programs which generated revenues of $7 million annually. Developed
strategic plan for ancillary revenues streams via syndication.
• Negotiated contractual agreements with nation's largest cable TV companies.
• Developed strategic marketing plan for the department including writing and printing
sales presentations and client proposals. Was responsible for all Profit and Loss
responsibilities for the department.
• Developed and instituted affiliate-marketing campaigns which included price incentives and value added packages.
Midwest Sales Manager
1979 to 1981
• Supervised 18-state region with retail responsibilities that included media campaigns,
marketing to national accounts, and creation of in-store and point of purchase
• Was Media Spokesperson for and was responsible for Public relations for Chanel, Inc.
MBA in Communication
• Team-leader • Marketing Strategy • Training / Instruction
• Operations mgmt. • Client/Customer relations • Vendor relations
• Public relations/Affairs • Marketing/Sales of services • Contract negotiations
• Strategic planning
• Product development
• Evaluating/Hiring/Firing staff
• Business Development
• Buying/Selling Media /