Highly skilled computer technician with A+ and Network+ Certifications. Qualifications include PC diagnostics and repair, maintaining production machines with updates and service packs, setup of Active Directory Domain Services, and installation and configuration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Experienced in installation and configuration of Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Server 2003/08 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
January 2012 to Present
Teaching new teacher at Texas State Technical College how to teach the Linux class.
Teaching students how to be Linux users.
Creating labs for students to work through.
Create Midterm and Midterm practice lab.
Research applications that can run on Linux eg. LAMP, snort.
Supplemental Instructor - Linux I
October 2011 to December 2011
Tutor students in Red Hat Enterprise Linux via Red Hat Academy.
Teach students how to be Linux users.
Teach students Linux commands and how they are used.
February 2009 to August 2009
• Assembly of gas and charcoal grills, lawn tractors, patio furniture
• Maintaining and cleaning of work area
• Use of forklift and order-picker
Customer Service Representative
April 2008 to February 2009
• Maintain, update and make changes to customer accounts
• Activated new and old phones for customers
• Troubleshoot phone problems and make recommendations for replacement
• Resolved billing problems
June 2008 to August 2008
• Managed kitchen, personnel and the front of house
• Dealing with customer issues to bring resolution
• Managed back office processes including earnings report and shift close out
June 2005 to June 2006
• Responsible for the production of all manufactured steel products
• Fabrication of simple carbon steel I-beams with end plates
• Pipe brackets and hangers
• Utilized large band saw, a small hydraulic shear/punch, drills, grinders, and a GMAW
June 2004 to August 2004
• Diagnose and repair of personal computers
• Building new computers
• RMA work
Information Technology - Student worker
June 2001 to March 2002
• Completed inventory of 2500 computers
• Maintenance of computer labs, and faculty/staff computers
• Organization of stock room
Associate of Applied Science in Computer Systems Desktop Support
Associate of Applied Science in Computer Systems Network Administration
BS in Engineering Technology - Welding
Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows XP pro, Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Microsoft Windows Server 2008, Active Directory, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Virtual Box, VMware, Fedora 13, Centos 5.5, Network cabling, System Administration of Microsoft Operating systems, Linux user, break/fix pc repair
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Network Administration Special Topics class to build and implement a Microsoft Windows
Server 2003 server for the Multimedia/Web computer lab
o Installation and configuration of Microsoft Windows Server 2003 to allow students to
upload course work
• Final Project class to complete the network rewiring of two computer labs
o Experience in building network cables, running cabling, cable management, and
• Lead a six person team for the design and implementation of a new poster for the Computer Systems Desktop Support degree
• Implementing & Supporting Client Operating Systems including Microsoft Windows XP,
Vista and Windows 7
• PC maintenance and troubleshooting using various trade tools, techniques and programs
• Competent in the teardown and rebuild of desktop and laptop computers
• Workstation production using unattended setup instead of imaging
• Proficient use of Norton Ghost and Parted Magic
• Amateur Radio license: KD5UMU
• 5+ years working with audio/radio equipment