Document Control Manager
April 2010 to Present (6 years, 2 months)
Responsible for all incoming and outgoing documents and submittals
related to the I-495 HOT Lanes Design-Build Project, which includes printing, plotting, and entering information into Primavera Contract Manager. Assist with inputting contract records, generating contract reports, logging, tracking and managing all contract documentation. Assist with entering drawing records, logging and monitoring drawing revisions, distributing drawings to all pertinent parties and creating distribution list(s). Assist with logging and tracking RFIs, NDC's, & NCR's. Responsible for entering all CAD files into the ProjectWise document management system, as well as adding users and groups and setting up security. In some cases have used Microstation to edit CAD drawings on various sections of the 495 HOT Lanes Project.
Document Control Manager
January 2008 to April 2010 (2 years, 3 months)
Responsible for all incoming and outgoing documents and submittals related to the I-495 HOT Lanes Project, which included printing, plotting, and entering information in the ProjectWise database. Responsible for adding users, creating files and folders, as well as ProjectWise security. Help to make sure submittals to the customer (Fluor-Lane) go in on time and accurately. Responsible for correspondence tracking of all incoming and outgoing email with the customer and HNTB's sub- consultants. At times I help the QA/QC Manager with quality assurance and control issues making sure documents going to the customer are accurate and have been through the QAQC process.
Technical Project Lead
April 2007 to January 2008 (9 months)
Lead technician for various civil engineering projects, which includes
providing CAD (AutoCAD and Microstation), printing and plotting, design standards, file management, and editing of drawings under the direction of the Project Manager for each project. Have been directly
involved with projects such as the Lincoln Memorial, US Air National Guard Headquarters, Dulles
Airport, and Virginia Department of Transportation. As a lead technician I was also responsible for making processes and procedures better and easier for other users.
CAD Support Specialist
September 2006 to April 2007 (7 months)
Support hundreds of technicians and engineers who use Intergraph, Bentley, and Autodesk products, as well as other 3rd party applications. This is basically a Help Desk position
supporting Plant Design products. Some of the products supported include SmartPlant, PDS, Microstation
V7, V8, AutoCAD 2005 among others. Also responsible for CAD software upgrades as well as the
Printing and plotting software.
Education Solution Manager
October 2004 to September 2006 (1 year, 11 months)
Support 13 Inside Sales Representatives directly and 30 indirectly as their
technical contact, supporting them on the sale of Oracle University classes and seminars. Required to know each class in depth as well as roles of customers, to help customers understand which classes are
needed to help in their development. Create training plans and respond to RFP's as needed.
January 2004 to July 2004 (6 months)
Provide pre and post sales support of NGRAIN's unique set of software tools which
enable users to embed advanced 3D geometry into MS Word and PowerPoint applications for use in training, maintenance, and presentations. Supported 2 Account Managers responsible for customers
east of the Mississippi including Federal accounts. Installed, implemented, and trained users at various
customer sites in the region.
November 2001 to August 2003 (1 year, 9 months)
Responsible for telephone and on site support, training and implementation of software products at over 20 customer sites in the Washington, DC area. Primarily dealt with contractors working on the Pentagon Renovation Project and assisted with transition from 2D drawings to 3D designs and AutoCAD to Microstation.
• Assisted with the implementation, support and training of Bentley's document and content management system (ProjectWise) at several customer sites.
• Implemented, supported and customized Bentley's plotting solution as well as Microstation V7 and V8 on many customer sites, including Southland Industries, Shalom Baranes, and MC Dean. This included setting up multiple web servers, SQL or Oracle database servers, file servers and workstations.
• Supported the following products: Microstation SE, V7, V8, Triforma (3D), Plant Space Design Series, HVAC, Piping, Support Modeler, Model Streaming, Digital Ineterplot and ProjectWise, Architecture for Triforma, Structural for Triforma.
• Technical leader for the implementation of Tennessee DOT's Digital Interplot rollout. Responsible for software installation, networking, database (Oracle, Sybase, Access) connectivity, web page setup, file server setup and plotter/printer connectivity throughout the state of Tennessee.
• Certified trainer for Microstation V7, V8, Triforma, and Digital Interplot
February 2001 to August 2001 (6 months)
Provided both pre and post-sales support for up to 7 Account Managers in the Mid-Atlantic Region.
• Demonstrated Xiotech's Magnitude hardware and REDI Storage Area Networking (SAN) software, which configures and monitors the equipment, to help sell Xiotech's SAN solution to customers in the Mid-Atlantic region.
• Conducted site surveys, answered and tracked customer issues and configured servers to connect to the SAN for any operating system, including Windows, UNIX, and Linux, in order to quickly and efficiently add disk space without downtime.
• Implemented and setup equipment and did trouble shooting on-site or over the phone in order to maintain system up time.
• Certified Xiotech Systems Engineer.
September 1999 to February 2001 (1 year, 5 months)
Provided pre and post sales support for accounts in the Mid-Atlantic region including America Online, United Messaging and Starband.
• Assisted with selling and supporting thousands of Dell's hardware line of servers, workstations, desktops and laptops.
• Supervised a team of Unisys technicians at Intel's data center in Chantilly, VA. Responsible for racking, all hardware maintenance, operating system software, network management, and customer questions for over 300 Dell servers in a 24x7x365 operation.
• Microsoft Certified Professional.
Sr. Application Engineer
June 1997 to September 1999 (2 years, 3 months)
Responsible for customer support, demonstrations for potential customers and training of customers and government agencies throughout the US.
• Demonstrated and supported EAI's 2D and 3D visualization suite of software products for over 100 customers on the East Coast.
• Assisted the National Transportation Safety Board in the investigation of the Flight 800 accident using many CAD software tools as well as EAI's visualization tools. Created a computer model that assisted in ruling out the missile theory for the plane crash.
May 1985 to September 1997 (12 years, 4 months)
Sr. Application Consultant
May 1996 to June 1997 (1 year, 1 month)
Responsible for knowing our competitors as well as 3rd party software packages. Delivered many live demonstrations at tradeshows and customer sites and supported the Solid Edge mechanical CAD product as well as researched other CAD/CAM/CAE design tools that worked with the software. Rebuilt and configured over 300 UNIX workstations and servers. (Intergraph, SUN Solaris, HP-UX)
Sr. Application Specialist
May 1992 to 1996 (3 years, 8 months)
Responsible for the NAVSEA CAD-II program. Lead application specialist on a Help Desk. Responsible for the contract drawings and databases for the LPD-17 series of ships. Implemented, customized, upgraded and supported all mechanical CAD and Ship Design software for over 300 Naval Engineers. Supported hardware and over 50 CAD/CAE software products as well as the UNIX Operating System, Network Administration, and Informix databases. Always exceeded response time requirements.
1987 to 1992 (5 years)
Responsible for providing customer support to the northeast region. Applied expertise in mechanical design, engineering and manufacturing products for clients including AT&T, Xerox, Rubbermaid, Kodak and Warner-Lambert cliental, among others. Led a large Phillip Morris benchmark worth $2 million in hardware and software sales.
1985 to 1987 (2 years)
House Furniture, WireMold clients and many more. Certified Intergraph Customer Engineer.
B.S. in Design Engineering