Lead Accounts Payable Clerk
2011 to Present
Back up to the Accounts Payable Manager
• Responsible for maintaining and processing all information and payments for Subcontractors
• Administered online banking functions
• Enter journal entries as needed
• Supervisory skills
• Assist in month end close
• Prepare 1099
• Reconcile settlement sheets
• Research invoice aging
• Work closely with service centers
• Manage vendors account by setting up suppliers
• Process weekly checks
• Scan invoices
Accounts Payable Specialist
1995 to 2010
Report directly to the Finance Director
• Managed vendor accounts, generating 4 to 5 million monthly on demand check and wire payments.
• Responsible for finding, requesting, and receiving a reimbursement of over 395,000 in over paid taxes.
• Check, code and enter 300 to 400 invoices on a weekly basis including freight invoices. Filed invoices after payment.
• Answer vendor inquiries about unpaid invoices
• Process inter-company invoices.
• Audit and enter employees expense reports
• Process and post payroll entries.
• Reconcile general ledger accounts.
• Work closely with the purchasing and receiving department.
• Prepare, enter, and post journal entries as needed.
• Maintain and reconciled fixed asset files.
• Reconciled all bank accounts to the general ledger.
• Assist in external audits
• Assist in month end close
• Maintain daily bank spreadsheet by inputting cash receipts, disbursements and misc transactions which would affect the net cash flow.
• Prepared and mailed 1099's.
• Processed and paid state taxes.
• Administered online banking functions.
Accounts Receivable Experience
• Managed and maintained over 150 customers account.
• Monthly cash posting of 4 to 6 millions.
• Reduced overall receivables by 1.3 million over prior year with 4 months of 50% higher sales.
• Reduced overdue receivables by 0.9 million.
• Processed credits, rebates, bill backs, and placed daily collections calls to customers.
• Responsible for the daily invoice billing.
• Updated and processed quarterly rebates and annual growth programs that pertain to the customer.
• Tied and cleared credits on the account.
• Researched short payment, and price adjustments.
• Assist Sales and Customer Service departments with discrepancies and problems.
1989 to 1994
Supervised two Navy personnel.
• Photographer, processed, printed, and copied black & white and color photos of over 90 Navy and civilian personnel a week.
• Wrote articles to accompany photos that were published in the Navy newspaper.
• Safety coordinator
• Processed and printed classified photos
A.S. in Business Administration
Diploma in Accounting
1994 to 1995
Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Epicor 9.4, Vantage 8.03
Citrix Program, Magic 280 Accounting Program, Triton, (TCM) Time Critical Manufacturing ERP Software, Foundation, Oracle 12