January 2000 to Present
IBM Integrated Technology Delivery, Service management, Boulder CO 2009 - Current Program / Project Manager SAN Storage
Integrated multiple projects driving quality improvement in the global delivery of SAN storage services
• Created Executive level metrics reporting package to drive continuous quality improvement in a group of pooled resources supporting multiple accounts.
• Used a data driven approach to pinpoint problems and focus on continual improvement.
• Applied LEAN methodology to gain efficiencies in storage delivery.
• Championed globally accepted education and skills roadmaps for storage administrators.
• Managed multiple storage transitions from EMC equipment to Hitachi.
Program Manager State of Texas Server Backup Reporting 2008 - 2009
Managed multiple projects driving toward accurate backup reporting across a server base of 4500+ servers running 19 separate backup products. Led projects with an aggressive deliverables, Where IBM created new solutions to deliver enterprise level reporting not previously in existence on the legacy backup products inherited.
• Captured critical customer concerns with IBM reporting on server backups.
• Integrated customer concerns into project deliverables.
• Focused projects on automation to ensure accuracy in reporting.
Team Lead, Storage Availability Management 2005- 2008
Managed ongoing client satisfaction, communication, and negotiation between IBM Global Services delivery organization and external clients. Assisted in development and direction of departmental staffing plan providing recruitment, mentoring and training.
• Recreated Internal Storage delivery process adopting LEAN methodology.
• Increased Volume of storage managed by 60% within two years, while maintaining current staffing levels.
• Implemented “follow the sun” delivery model to maintain seamless global storage delivery
• Assisted in development of tools to manage storage delivery
Service Delivery Project Manager 2003 - 2005
Developed and managed project plans to address business needs.
• Increased team productivity by refining and documenting best practice operating procedures.
• Reduced bottom line cost by closing legacy web applications and freeing resources.
• Maintained corporate security standards and audit readiness by validating team security requirements semi annually.
• Progressively responded to increased data throughput by motivating project teams to create feasible business solutions.
• Provided root cause analysis and corrective action reports for problems encountered.
• Increase team productivity by 45% by streamlining meeting agendas and consolidating meeting actions items using meeting management principles.
• Helped to retain premier customer account by providing senior management critical information needed to prove proposed solution was more efficient and effective in a competitive market.
• Maintained operating budget while facing nonlinear customer growth.
Team Lead Server Availability Management 2000- 2003
Acted as a liaison between technical teams and upper level management. Managed performance and capacity of IBM Internal worldwide Lotus Notes mail system.
• Provided 24/7 critical situation management support ensuring focus on problem resolution.
• Designed and presented availability metrics package to executive management.
• Managed team assets and maintained team audit ready posture.
• Increased team productivity by balancing workload, cross training, and mentoring less experienced employees.
• Maintained 99.5% system availability by sharing and documenting proven best practices.
• Disseminated technical information in user-friendly format to a population of over 80,000
• Managed an average of 85 weekend Global Web Architecture changes in a bi-monthly rotation.
University of Arizona Tucson, AZ
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Majors: Management Information Systems & Operations Management
Interests and Activities
Active in the General Aviation community, Certified private pilot. Active in outdoor recreation, hiking, biking and skiing.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in Management Information Systems & Operations Management
1996 to 1999
Eminence and Excellence Award
IBM Eminence and Excellence Award 7/2012
IBM Eminence and Excellence Award 11/2011
IBM Bravo Award 8/2004,
IBM - Multiple Employee thanks awards
Project Management Professional (PMP)
2008 to January 2013
Current Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
Award winning IT Program Manager with over 13 years professional experience delivering complex technical solutions to fortune 500 companies. Proven success developing business strategy by applying current information technology solutions in competitive markets. Demonstrated adept multi level communication skills within culturally diverse teams. Able to build and motivate teams to deliver results within deadline. Self motivated agent for quality improvement.