Saint Charles, IL
April 2008 to May 2012
Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training and managing internal staff and for recruiting and hiring hourly and salaried professional, administrative, technical, skilled and unskilled candidates for manufacturing and logistics client companies for direct hire and temporary positions and performing Human Resource functions
• Develop workforce solutions for clients within sales verticals including manufacturing, production, logistics, distribution and call center environments;
• Analyze hiring forecasts of various clients and meet with end-user managers and supervisors to conduct workplace analysis to understand the environment, skill requirements, job duties and behavioral characteristics needed to successfully recruit qualified candidates;
• Review key attributes and devise recruiting strategies to find the most qualified candidates;
• Develop and implement cost effective recruiting plans to attract active and passive job seekers by placing and managing job postings on job boards and company website, using networking resources, community events, job fairs or print ads;
• Review applicant flow, screen candidates, perform interviews, determine employment eligibility, coordinate interviews with potential candidates and end-user; obtain interview feedback from candidates and end-users, extend offers, negotiate hourly wages, salaries and compensation, administer pre-hire testing and screening and compliance paperwork and perform orientations;
• Post hire evaluations of the effectiveness of recruiting resources including performance and turnover statistics to determine future recruiting strategies;
• Manage six direct reports and set goals and manage activities of recruiting team, direct daily staff meetings and perform monthly, quarterly and yearly performance reviews;
• Coach, counsel and perform progressive disciplinary actions and terminate employees;
• Perform work environment safety walkthroughs to review and assess adherence to safety policies and procedures and suggest changes and improvements to safety policies and processes;
• Lead incident/injury investigation, review case histories and determine availability of light duty and eligibility of employees to return to work, track worker comp cases, review workers comp reporting and resolution of work comp claims;
• Respond to and prepare unemployment claims and participate in unemployment hearings;
• Lead harassment investigation and resolution;
• Maintain performance reward program;
• Perform outside sales activities to generate new business;
Manager of Motorola Vendor Management Service Program
October 2007 to April 2008
Manage Master Vendor Program for Manpower at Motorola for professional, technical, clerical and manufacturing staffing contractors by coordinating job order distribution and fulfillment to maintain vendor neutral environment.
• Manage 2 direct reports and over 600 employees at Motorola Schaumburg;
• Forecast staffing needs and analyze staffing trends to coordinate recruiting with preferred vendors;
• Establish and maintain relationships with all department managers, supervisors and contract employees;
• Oversee job order distribution and candidate submittal process for approximately 20 partners of the Motorola preferred vendor program to assure vendor neutrality;
• Provide reporting and documentation to Manpower Senior Account Manager for Motorola
Regional Director of On-Site Services
February 2006 to October 2007
Ensure on-site employee teams and managers established and maintained positive working relationship with clients such as R.R. Donnelly and Kraft-Excel; prepared budgets, goals, regular reports; provided training; developed client presentations.
• Supervised 16 direct reports including site managers, recruiters, staffing coordinators and administrative support personnel and 750 production and manufacturing employees generating $15.5M at 5 locations;
• Conducted compliance audits to assure adherence to company hiring, documentation, record maintenance, payroll, unemployment, worker's comp and HIPPA SOPs;
• Developed recruiting plans and analyzed hiring trends, applicant flow and effectiveness of recruiting activities;
• Recruited, hired, trained and established goals and expectations for site managers and their support teams;
• Performed employee reviews; Administered disciplinary action;
• Prepared and presented business reviews and improvement timelines to increase client satisfaction;
• Resolved client and employee issues that had escalated above site managers;
• Increased client position fill rate from 72% to 99.6% in one month; Improved Service Delivery Assessment from "non-compliant" to 95%; Achieved 90% direct deposit/cash pay, from 40%, in 2006 and 2007; Grew Homeland Security Verification from 30% to 100% over 2 quarters;
• Provided continuous improvement programs to increase revenue and profits.
Various Job Titles
April 1996 to February 2006
Account Manager/Area On-Site Operations
2003 to 2006
Supervisor and site manager for multiple manufacturing, production and distribution locations in Kane County, Carol Stream, and St. Charles, Illinois.
• Managed 3 direct reports and 350 temporary employees at various client locations;
• Recruited, hired and trained team management members and administrative support personnel;
• Developed and presented new employee orientations and training for internal staff and contractors;
• Managed unemployment claims and participated in unemployment hearings;
• Worker's comp reporting and case management;
• Investigated and resolved harassment claims;
• Prepared business reviews;
• Analyzed client and employee satisfaction surveys;
• Established and maintained relationships with clients and vendors;
• Saved $200,000 annually through overtime reductions;
• Produced significant impact as Member Safety Program and Safety Team;
• Created and updated customized training, orientation, and safety materials; and • Consistently ranked in top 3 gross margin programs nationally.
1999 to 2003
Recruited, evaluated, and hired manufacturing, administrative and management personnel for temporary and direct hire positions.
• Trained, evaluated, and motivated location office personnel;
• Increased office profit margin through focus on higher end direct placements and consistently ranked high in direct placement revenue and gross margin percentage.
1996 to 1999
Recruited, evaluated, and hired employees for light industrial and clerical temporary positions.
• Handled worker's compensation and unemployment claims;
• Provided training coordinated with client's requirements; and • Worked closely with clients to ensure employee compatibility.
1977 to 1981