I am a Proven Manufacturing Manager, Warehouse Management and Safety Professional, with a track record of increased Operator Efficiency, Quality Improvement, and Steady decline in Safety incident rates through proactive countermeasures. I am capable to utilize my past experience and TPM skills to drive down costs and improve profit margins.
August 2013 to Present
Sales, Estimating, Merchandising and Customer Service in the Lumber / Building Material Department. Relief Delivery and S/R Departments.
Perform Projects and Inevntory
Utilized Computers, Scanners, Forklift and Reach Truck to sell and move materials.
Regional Safety Manager
August 2011 to April 2013
Regional Safety Manager, Skyline Steel and Astralloy divisions of NUCOR – Armorel, AR August 2011 to April 2013
Coordinate Safety Health and Environment for 4 plants. Armorel, AR – Birmingham, AL – Masury, OH /Sharon, PA and Edmonton, Alberta Canada. Skyline plant is steel fabricating plant for Steel Pilings (Including Robotic Coating), other Astralloy sites are specialty manufacturers in armored plating, smoke stack, specialized formed steel products cold and hot formed , Bar, Rail Cars Brakes and (Tire) shredding and bars equipment. Helped the Skyline Steel acquire OSHAS 18001:2007 status.
Safety & Manufacturing Specialist
February 2004 to December 2010
I filled in for the Manufacturing Specialist and Shift Leaders Coverage for 195 Employee 24/5 - 7 days Facility. This role included being in charge of supervising Production and Logistics along with my responsibilities as the Safety Manager.
In charge of all Health and Safety Policies and programs for the Little Rock Unilever Plant which includes the following: Respirator; Permit Confined Space; Hot Works Permit; Working at Heights; Pipe Breaking; LOTO; Hearing Conservation; PPE Assessment; Job Safety Analysis; Industrial Trucks & Aerial Lift Programs; Ergonomics; Asbestos; Security; Purchasing & Budget responsibilities.
• Plant received multiple annual Safety Awards for meeting and reducing Unilever Accident Rates. Went 22 straight months without a recordable incident or illness.
• Revamped Behavior Based Safety Program, training 30 Team Members how to perform Behavior Based Safety Audits. Lead person for new DuPont BBS program to give Management more role coverage in the BBS program.
• Involved in Multiple Ergonomic Projects and part of the Early Equipment Manufacturing Pillar Committee to help with Safety, Quality and Performance issues before new equipment gets installed.
• Developed a weekly Safety Training Program utilizing PowerPoint, Videos and lectures.
• Revamped Near Miss Reporting Program and helped instill the Little Rock Plant Culture to write up Safety F-tags, Maintenance and Operator F-tags to improve safety.
• Brought the Little Rock Unilever Site in compliance of the NFPA 70 (E) regulation, Including Arc Flash PPE, Training and Labeling of Electrical Equipment.
• Revitalized Safety Committee, and involved every member in facility inspections, Accident Investigations and other Safety related projects.
• Project lead for Physical Demands Assessment, utilizing program for Job Transfer, Training Aides and Progressive Return to Work criteria for Workman's Comp, Short and Long Term Disability. Collaborate with HR in filing Workman's Comp and maintaining OSHA 300 Log.
• Environmental Committee Member and backup to Environmental Coordinator. Involved with the Roaster Cleaning project to Lower PH Balance within the Water Permit. Introduced new Dry Steam Technology to be able to lower our FOG waste water contents.
• Initiating training on NFPA 61, 68 and 69 - Dust Explosions, Venting of Deflagrations. NFPA 69, Standard on Explosion Prevention Systems.
2000 to 2003
rolled out LEAP locally. (Levi Ergonomic Action Program) Trained Safety Committee in Quick Responses and Quick Response Follow Up. Person in charge of all Safety and Environmental issues for the Distribution Center (Dockers and Slates Brands)
• Reduced OSHA recordable Accident by 8 first year, 10 fewer the second years and 2 fewer the third years (Record Breaking Shipping & Receiving and Most Man Hours).
• Taught the LS & CO internal DOT HazMat Awareness Training course to Maintenance Team Members.
• Project Co-Lead Person in Mold Remediation and Asbestos Abatement Projects.
• Project Co-Lead Person in Automatic Hanger Applicator Machine (Ergonomic Project), the machine is to be patented. Cart Committee - Ergonomic advisor
• Worked weekends as Shipping Dock Supervisor (Cover for peak and military coverage)
Assistant Plant Manager, Johns Manville
1998 to 2000
I performed Assistant Plant Manager duties, was the second person in charge of the facility. I was responsible for safety, purchasing, environmental, training and general supervisor duties. I had three direct reports, two production department supervisors and shipping and receiving supervisor. I was involved in Hiring and Firing Decisions and Disciplinary Actions
• The first Johns Manville plant to receive both "Most Improved Safety" and "President's Safety Award" in the same year.
• Implemented "DuPont Safety Audit Training" to the entire plant
• Trained entire plant in American Red Cross First Aid & CPR
• Gave daily seminars for our Supervisor Safety Tool Kit Meetings.
• Created and established all Safety Programs. (e.g. JSA's, PJO's, Safety Audits, Safety Inspection Lists and all other pertinent Safety Programs)
• Able to keep plant in the Exempt Small Waste Generator Status
• Created recycling programs to minimize dumpster pick-ups (e.g. Cardboard Core supplier to recycle all paper waste from the plant and Pallet Supplier to take away scrap pallets).
• Co - chair Monday morning Safety - Production meetings.
• Able to get majority of our suppliers to give Net 45 or 60 Days terms. Utilized National Accounts when cost effective. Obtained new packaging vendors and chemical suppliers.
Customer Service Manager
1993 to 1998
Assisted the Vice President of Operations with sales forces. I completed all the credit background checks for new customer credit applications. I was responsible for the Coating Product Line (Seal-Guard), sales and purchasing. I supervised one local Customer Service Representative and three Warehouse/Customer Service Representatives in Denver, Atlanta and Auburn Hills, Michigan.
• Trained all customer service personnel how to do mini CAD roof layout drawings, and generate estimated roofing materials list. Trained the warehouse/customer service representative personnel how to fill out shipping paperwork and keep perpetual inventory levels.
• Trained & licensed Warehouse Customer Service Personnel on Forklifts.
• Processed or supervised all incoming orders. Accountable for all orders placed. Purchased all direct accessory shipments.
• Helped train Johns Manville customer service employees the "Seal-Dry product line", and manage the transition from Seal-Dry to Johns Manville.
• Taught the Taper ISO Insulation department how to estimate Seal-Dry roofing material lists and how to draw manufacturing friendly roof layouts.
1988 to 1993
Used Gang-Nail and Mitek Computers to estimate and perform take-offs.
Engineered Trusses for Residential, Commercial and Agriculture Buildings
CAD, Drafting, Sales, Forklift
Bachelor of Science in Business
Warehouse and Production Supervisor Skills. Have many years experience driving Forklifts (Stand up & Sit down., Scissor Lift, Boom Lift, Walkie Riders and Rail King. Smoke Stack EV, SPPP, SCPP, DOT HazMat, OSHAS 18001 - 2007