Professional accountant with eleven years of experience in various areas of industry accounting. Determination to succeed and learn has been manifested through consistently greater responsibilities and more challenging assignments.
Senior Accounting Manager
April 2011 to Present
• Manage the day to day accounting for 18 different government and commercial contracts.
• Oversee and direct the monthly close process for entire division ensuring timeliness and accuracy.
• Work with the various departments at PAE to ensure that changes to the AP, Payroll, Reporting or General Accounting functions are managed and implemented correctly.
• Oversaw the change from service to product accounting for all 18 programs.
• Worked on the direct implementation of the new e-time system for various programs.
• Managed the conversation of certain programs from singular databases to a consolidated database.
• Audited and checked each programs trial balance, income statement and balance sheets monthly to ensure the more accurate and current ledgers were being reported.
• Worked closely with the Corporate accounting team to ensure that they received all necessary information by the stated deadlines.
• Managed 15 employees, locally and foreign, regarding all accounting and finance related issues.
• Work closely with IT team to ensure all proposed software changes meet the needs of the various contracts and foreign regulations.
• Managed all E&Y audit requests resulting from the sale of PAE to Lindsey Goldberg, LLC.
July 2010 to April 2011
• Promoted to Finance Manager on the USE Iraq contract after one year.
• Managed the full close cycle on the monthly and quarterly basis.
• Manage all audit requests and disseminate to staff as appropriate.
• Increase the level of accuracy and PAE and GAAP compliance on the accounting books.
• Worked with Dubai AP team to coordinate the reconciliation of aged vendor invoices spanning three years.
• Oversaw the accounting for other Embassies contracts within the same PAE division in order to create consistent and efficient processes and accounting.
• Managed all local and foreign located finance/accounting staff regarding monthly close, balance sheet reviews, general accounting guidance, payroll directives, and purchasing.
• Worked with PAE Performance Excellence group to develop a better procure-to-pay process that eliminates delays in payment but maintain accountability for all goods purchased and shipped overseas.
August 2009 to July 2010
• Manage all general accounting process pertaining to the Iraq US Embassy contract with a total contract value of over $400 million.
• Assist with the monthly payroll process of over 300 US and Foreign employees.
• Finalize and present the full reconciliation of the accounting from 2007-2009. Clean up involved all accounts and resulted in over a 2500 line journal entry to fix the mistakes.
• Continued to carry clean and reconciled books from October 2009 through April 2011 during my entire tenure on the contract.
• Prepared and audited all Intercompany transactions on a monthly basis.
• Assisted with the monthly close process including research for accruals and investigating skewed data on the preliminary income statement.
• Handle all audit requests pertaining to USE Iraq contract on an as needed basis.
January 2008 to July 2009
• Prepare daily cash flow reports for review by the company President, CFO, Controller and Accounting Manager.
• Analyze company-wide cash standings on a daily basis to identify any possible cash flow deficits. Provide CFO detailed summaries of findings to ensure appropriate corrective actions are taken.
• Maintain accuracy of cash standings on general ledger for 187 high-volume retail outlets, a rapidly growing catalogue department, and corporate headquarters.
• Conduct monthly reconciliation of 120 bank accounts with a cumulative value of $8 million.
• Reconcile general ledger accounts and create all necessary accruals as part of month-end close procedures.
• Manage returned check department and maintain consistent communication with vendors to ensure accuracy and timeliness of all claims, payments, and billings.
• Provide all necessary documentation and support for annual company-wide audit in addition to various state and agency audits.
• Coordinate directly with all department managers to ensure accounting accuracy within each department. Assist Accounting Manager with financial research and analysis and numerous other projects as required.
• Created automated spreadsheets for 15 general ledger accounts, significantly streamlining the reconciliation process and reducing the time required for its completion by 50%.
• Reduced general ledger account variances by as much as 100% through the rigorous analysis of all account activities.
August 2004 to December 2007
• Processed daily billing totaling over $3 million per month.
• Maintained highly complex price lists and quotes for over 2000 customers.
• Responsible for maintenance of company accounting software. Routinely validated the accuracy of purchase costs and selling prices for an inventory of over 5,000 line items.
• Conducted comprehensive reviews of weekly and monthly sales profits reports to identify and correct potential price discrepancies within the billing and inventory system.
• Facilitated the accurate application of all customer payments.
• Fielded all client inquiries in regards to account status, providing consistent top-notch customer service.
• Actively pursued collections on all past due accounts in collaboration with company attorneys and county court system personnel.
• Reported directly to Controller, providing recommendations and guidance on all issues relating to Receivables Dept., pricing issues, and other general accounting functions.
• Conducted data analysis of monthly inventory counts to ensure inventory accuracy for over $2 million worth of goods on hand.
• Instrumental in maintaining the accuracy of the status of a $4,000,000 line of credit.
• Conducted monthly bank reconciliations and made all necessary journal entries.
• Processed monthly job costing of $400,000 for the company's truss division.
• Managed inventory and overhead payables and processed checks.
January 2006 to December 2006
• Managed an average of $200,000 in payables per month.
• Handled payment of all vendors while managing significant cash flow issues.
• Ensured accuracy of costs associated with each job.
• Reviewed job costs monthly to ensure all billing was executed above costs.
• Served as key advisor to Controller on billing, payment, and job costing issues.
March 2004 to June 2004
• Maintained income and expense ledgers for over fifty real estate agents.
• Oversaw all aspects of payroll for all employees of Hogan and Stone and Easton Management Construction.
• Managed over $70,000 in accounts payable every month for six satellite offices.
• Prepared and presented detailed and accurate monthly financial statements to company president and other senior leadership.
• Analyzed monthly financials in collaboration with senior leaders to forecast future cash flows and set company-wide expenditure guidelines.
• Facilitated the implementation of QuickBooks which notably streamlined business processes within the accounting department.
March 2003 to March 2004
• Accurately audited and adjusted all accounting books for 2002 and 2003.
• Responsible for the monthly billing and collection of rental and condominium fees for over 15 clients.
• Maintained and paid all payables for five condominium association governing boards.
• Prepared monthly financial statements for each condominium association.
• Managed payroll and payroll taxes for each condominium association.
• Facilitated the transfer of all association and property management functions when the property management division was sold in March 2004.
Full Charge Bookkeeper
July 2002 to January 2003
• Responsible for all general accounting for corporate office and four corporate stores.
• Managed and paid over $50k in accounts payable accurately and in a timely manner.
• Assessed and paid sales and payroll taxes on a monthly and quarterly basis.
• Audited 2001 financial records for corporate tax returns and made all necessary corrections to ensure 100% accuracy.
MBA in Accounting and Finance
2008 to 2010
BBA in Accounting
1998 to 2001
Proficient in Microsoft Office 97, 98, 2000 and XP (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Power Point), AS400, QuickBooks 2000, 2002 and 2004(Accountants Edition, Contractors Edition and Pro), Yardi Property Management and Navision Financials. Familiar with Peachtree and Timberline.