Pleasant Valley, NY
Goal: To utilize my diverse skills that translates into being offered a position for hire closer to the NYC/Metro area. This relocation is necessary to accommodate and support my household as my significant other looks to complete her graduate education in Westchester County.
Co-founder and Partner
May 2011 to Present
• Co-founder of a Honey-Based Alcoholic Beverage business that is sought to be marketing the Hudson Valley region on a small scale production.
• Focused on Business Development; Networking within the community; Developing Marketing and Sales plans for execution; Business/financial management. Championing the reduction of cost per unit.
• “Face” of the business- able to bring the group together through motivation and experienced managerial direction; also able to interact with groups of potential consumers and business clients with ease and create positive connections.
• Experience in the home-brewing process; alcohol/brewing terminology, State Liquor Authority laws and regulations and industry knowledge.
• Gained experience in selling systems, ability to sell products in any industry, business development/models, governmental (local, state and federal) benefits for business owners among other skills.
August 2007 to September 2012
• Q1 & Q2 performance YTD has made the UPS Freight Newburgh P&L over half-a-million dollars in profit.
• Control of administrative reporting and operational planning, organization and execution of goal.
• Responsible for all Twilight operations affairs: Hub management, all employees (60-75 employees), four supervisors, their responsibilities, training and overall compliance.
• Understanding of the Union Bid Process, Building team-oriented operations and developing a chain of command that allows for proper work flow
• Provides Mentorship to supervision team in order to develop their skills, perform at a higher level and to develop workers into promotable candidates.
Prior Position: Operations Supervisor
• Manage 20+ employees and their performance and responsibilities as well as the internal hours budget on a daily basis.
• Oversee all evening operations for the Poughkeepsie service area. (Amenia-Pawling-Beacon-Poughkeepsie)
• Offer quality training to employees on job related functions and OSHA compliance safety issues.
• Liaison to other centers for informational and operational support.
• Worked this position for leadership experience while attending school. Held the management position at twenty-two years old
• Also managed and trained in the Kingston facility during a short-term assignment for the region- Trained and worked along side employees to elevate the quality of work performed
• Served as Champion for the SurePost partnership with the United States Postal Service targeting operational goals.
• SurePost operational goal: 60% of all packages containerized. Performance: 63.2% containerized (105%+ effective)
July 2010 to May 2011
• Automated Solutions Contract Manufacturing company- Design, Metal Fabrication, Electrical Harnessing/Wiring, Complete integrated assembly of contracted jobs.
• Responsible for allocation of hours, materials, cost and overall completion of projects.
• Work Interconnected with all departments for communication and status updates.
• Thorough documentation and communication with customer to assure quality, production and service is all to superior standards. Medical Devices, Pharmaceutical and Industrial Industries,
• Reported Directly to Director of Operations and Ownership on status updates, concerns and achievements.
May 2009 to July 2010
• Responsible for all employee relations with regards to hiring, employee training, discipline, concerns, as well as upper management training
• Created a discipline and safety program for all employees, management seminar for the company
• Worked in managing and restructuring various departments for efficiency and productivity
• Created Safety & Employee Affairs Committee to create inter-employee communications- further development in the workplace.
A.S. in Liberal Arts- Humanities
Operations Management, Sales/Account Management, Civic Leadership, Union-Labor Management, Process and Procedure, Marketing/Promotion, Community-Focused, Leadership
• Interconnected in social networks and communities in the Dutchess County area (Toastmasters International)
• Involved in a Life-Cycle Management venture on my personal time; public speaking to the local community.
• Involved with UPS Learning Systems to expand my proficiencies in leadership and managerial skills.
• Involved with two different local political campaigns as well as the canvassing for Marriage Equality and Working Families Party In the local 2012 election.
• A believer that: “Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.” (Abraham Lincoln)