Supply Chain Business Analyst (February 2013 – Present)
February 2012 to Present
• Assigned to work with the Global Process Advisor for contracting. Group is responsible for developing enterprise contracting capabilities through the creation of corporate-wide processes and resources.
• Authored training on developing effective scopes of work. Training was developed for a diverse audience of upstream, downstream and major capital project business owners and contracting professionals
• Developed toolkit to improve the recruitment and on-boarding of contracting professionals. Toolkit provided Chevron business units and projects with standardized job specs, recruiting resources, interview scoring and onboarding processes.
• Provided value capture reporting to Chief Procurement Officer to assess the success of “Procure to Pay” project, which sought to streamline Chevron’s procurement processes through greater use of automated purchasing.
NGL Trade Analyst
May 2011 to January 2013
Serves as primary Trading Analyst for Chevron's International/Mt. Belvieu trading group. The group's primary focus is to manage Chevron supply at the Mt. Belvieu fractionation and storage hub.
• Monitors financial positions for the Mt. Belvieu trading group as well as hedging activities for Chevron's London LPG trading group and NGL pipeline trading group.
• Monitors market movements for potential impact on company's financial positions. Discusses market outlook with traders to better plan positions.
• Works with Chevron Refineries and Pipelines to help ensure adequate supply of natural gas liquids for barge and rail deliveries by monitoring inventory levels
• Reconciles mark-to-market trading P&L with core and GAAP earnings and help to provide monthly earnings forecasts for traders and management. Also reports volume exposure and financial positions to management on a daily basis and responds to any inquiries
January 2009 to May 2011
Generated and managed approximately 400 custom contracts per year covering energy deals involving liquefied petroleum gas (LPG's)/natural gas liquids (NGL's). Products included ethane, propane, normal butane, isobutane and natural gasoline. Deals included those involving inventory transfers, pipeline transfers, barges, railcars and truck loads.
• Worked with traders, brokers, legal counsel, scheduler and counter parties to resolve contractual discrepancies
• Performed monthly audits on completed contracts to ensure adherence to regulatory and company guidelines
• Performed due diligence on trade attributes entered into SolArc RightAngle trading system to ensure data accuracy and compliance
Gasoline Marketing - Contracts Administrator
August 2005 to January 2009
Helped to manage the relationships between motor gasoline wholesale customers and Chevron. Supported field sales representatives by responding to inquiries regarding customer activity within the Chevron retail and supply network.
• Contributed to the negotiation and drafting of Chevron supply and branding contracts. Once contracts were executed, duties included responding to customer and Chevron inquiries regarding contract provisions such as product supply, incentive payments and materials orders.
• Participated in regular customer meetings to discuss current issues impacting the business and the customer's relationship with Chevron. Also worked with Retail Marketing Call Center towards the successful resolution of customer concerns.
• In the event to a change in a deal, worked with customer, legal, tax, credit group and supply group on contract amendments.
• Worked with third party terminals and refineries in managing Chevron motor gasoline and diesel product supply at various supply points across the country, for approximately 2,200 retail facilities.
June 2004 to August 2005
Researched PAC history of candidates.
• Managed schedule of Vice President for Legislative Affairs. Improved previous scheduling process by introducing a computer based scheduling system.
• Helped to manage dealer and governmental relations by responding to legislator and automobile dealer inquiries.
• Researched impact of legislation on automobile dealers; track bills through legislative process.
• Was responsible for new employee training
• Partnered on nationwide 10% ethanol gasoline rollout project by working extensively with the ethanol suppliers and accounting team to ensure proper creation and billing of accounts at each terminal.
• Member of the Emergency Response Project Team which planned for contingencies to keep gasoline supplies intact during natural disasters, and successfully executed the plan during Hurricanes Gustav and Ike in 2008, which won praise from customers and local authorities.
• Was a primary point of contact in the department for a study designed to improve processes between the field sales representatives and the service centers, resulting in reduced workload and more timely resolution of issues.
• At the request of North American Marketing leadership, partnered in the development of a new tool to track facilities and volume leaving the Chevron network, thereby allowing sales managers to get a more accurate picture of facilities leaving the network.
2011 to 2013
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
Strong commitment to service.
Exceptional oral and written communicator.
Able to multi-task in high pressure situations.
Exemplary work ethic: tireless, goal oriented and committed to producing high quality work.
Experienced in SolArc RightAngle, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce.com and SAP module R/3