South Windsor, CT
Accomplished Educational Business Office Manager
Excelled in progressively in corporate office management. Significant additional professional achievement in finance business
office management. Highly effective financial leader who excels in expansionary and recessionary economies. Outstanding
analytical, organizational, communication & leadership skills. Strong desire to continue to contribute to the success of an
institute of higher learning. Offering the high level analytical skills of an administrative l professional, the discipline of a
successful corporate executive, and the goal-driven, growth-oriented mindset of an entrepreneur.
Key Job-Specific Knowledge
Policies, Programs & Systems: In-depth knowledge of Business Office Management. High degree of familiarity with rating and
education status changes. Close working relationship with Directors of Education as well as alumni. Extensive experience
maintaining student accounts. Strong working relationship with state and local agencies.
Technical Knowledge: MS Office; FAME; Pivot; Super Pivot (MACROS, Formulas and V-Lookup); Adobe;
CampusVue/Vantage; PeopleSoft; Yardi/CMS/AMSI; eThority Benchmark Utility.
Core Professional Competencies
• Executive Assistant • Education Administration • Corporate Compliance
• Student Account Servicing • Data Analysis • Budget Organization
• Departmental Collaborations • Strategic Planning • Accounting
• Scheduling • Auditing • Financial Reporting
• Critical Thinking • Federal Agency Monitoring • Information Support
Senior Advisor Business Analyst, Financial Aid
Directly supporting Campus and Education Directors. Solely responsible for student accounts at one of the largest campuses within the company. Responsible for billing (tuition and fees) and student account management. Prepare weekly account
closing. Manage current as well as former student accounts by monitoring detailed reports on a daily basis. Calculate and post
tuition, fees and related charges. Performed research and resolution of student and state agency complaints in a timely manner.
• Calculate and award financial aid based on Department of Education criteria inclusive of verification
• Originate and certify Federal Direct Loans; subsequently creating disbursement notifications and quarterly reviews
• Monitor Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress for each enrolled student and take action as required
• Evaluate individual financial positions and create alternate funding as needed.
• Create institutional retail contracts
PORTER AND CHESTER INSTITUTE - Rocky Hill, Connecticut 2009-2012
September 2010 to October 2012
Reported directly to the Chief Financial Officer. Directed a five-person staff; responsible for student account management for an excess of 3,000 accounts; covering two states and nine campuses. Assisted Chief Financial Officer by overseeing month,
quarter and year end close. Managed Business Office by operating, maintaining and developing a sound financial procedural
system. Certified tuition, fees and student account adjustments. Created and analyzed weekly and monthly expected cash flow and past due revenue reports. Completed detailed reconciliation of student accounts. Supervised revenue collection and invoicing to third party agencies. Assisted the Accounting Department in Revenue Recognition on a monthly basis. Performed
research and resolution of student and state agency complaints in a timely manner. Conducted thorough research to ensure
proper resolution to student, faculty, administration and agency conflicts.
• Utilized managerial and training skills to foster relationships with state and federal funding agencies
• Managed and maintained state and federal contracts with accrediting agencies
• Enforced dismissal guidelines per revenue collection policy
• Created corporate reports to ensure Education Executives were able to manage their campus specific student
January 2009 to September 2010
Promoted within nine months to Assistant Director position. In this role, maintained every aspect of student accounts. Assisted the Corporate Director of Federal Financial Aid and reported variances in student funding. Directed a two-person staff.
Managed the Federal Student Aid program at the campus level. Completed C-code resolution for Federal acceptance.
Analyzed Federal Student Aid Reports. Performed compliance and verification of Institutional Student Information Record
(ISIR). Ensured and Maintained compliance standards within the department. Calculated financial aid awards. Performed
tuition planning. Prepared and analyzed daily, weekly and monthly expected cash and past due funds
• Served as arbitrator on any student financial aid issues to ensure timely resolution
• Utilized managerial and training skills to create a team of counselors who excelled and met all funding deadlines
1998 to 2008
Farmington, Connecticut 1998-2008
Property Owners and Developers - Strong Experience in Commercial Property Acquisition, Development, and Management.
Efficiently managed the financial portfolio of both commercial and residential real estate properties. Managed financials for commercial and 2 multi-residential properties. P&L and balance sheet reconciliations monthly. AP and AR coordination. Posted and balanced the General Ledger. Prepared, analyzed and reconciled month-end and year-end financial statements. Year-end
tax working papers preparation and reconciliation. Maintained documentation for compliance. Prepared audit documentation.
Processed daily banking, responsibility for wire transfers, deposits, opening and closing commercial accounts.
• Developed strong financial and accounting skills.
• Worked full-time in this role, working during the evenings for RJ Reynolds (below)