South Windsor, CT
Accomplished management professional with fifteen years of experience in a highly visible leadership role in Marketing Management and
Event Execution. Self-motivated, detail oriented individual with core competencies including excellent written and oral communication
skills as well as the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
CORE PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES
• Event Execution • Strategic Event Planning • Contract Negotiation
• Budget Planning • Demographic Analysis • Vendor Service Coordination
• CT Market Expertise • Outreach/Marketing • Market Research
• Departmental Collaborations • Critical Thinking • Data Analysis
• Scheduling • Auditing • Financial Reporting
• Corporate Compliance • Accounting • Information Technology Support
September 2010 to October 2012
Directed a five-person Business Office staff responsible for billing (tuition and fees) and student account management for excess of 3,000
accounts, covering two states and nine campuses. Assisted Chief Financial Officer and Corporate Accounting by leading, operating,
maintaining and developing a sound financial procedural system. Certified tuition, fees and student account adjustments. Analyzed
weekly and monthly expected cash flow and past due revenue reports. Reconciliation of student accounts. Revenue collection and invoicing to third party agencies. Assisted the Accounting Department in Revenue Recognition on a monthly basis. Performed research and resolution of student and state agency complaints in a timely manner. Conducedt thorough research to ensure proper resolution to student, faculty, administration and agency conflicts.
• Utilized managerial and training skills to foster relationships with state and federal funding agencies
• Managed and maintained state and federal contracts with accrediting agencies
• Enforced dismissal guidelines per revenue collection policy
• Created corporate reports to ensure Education Executives were able to manage their campus specific student population
PORTER AND CHESTER INSTITUTE
2009 to 2012
Leading Provider of Technical, Business and Health-Related Occupational Preparation
January 2009 to September 2010
Promoted within nine months to Assistant Director position. In this role, maintained every aspect of student accounts. Assisted the
Corporate Director of Federal Financial Aid and reported variances in student funding. Directed a two-person staff. Managed the Federal
Student Aid program at the campus level. C-code resolution for Federal acceptance. Analyzed Federal Student Aid Reports. Performed
compliance and verification of Institutional Student Information Record (ISIR). Ensured and Maintained compliance standards within the department. Calculated financial aid awards. Performed tuition planning. Prepared and analyzed daily, weekly and monthly expected
cash and past due funds
• Served as arbitrator on any student financial aid issues to ensure timely resolution
• Utilized managerial and training skills to create a team of counselors who excelled and met all funding deadlines
2002 to 2009
Second Largest Tobacco Company in the United States - Making Many of the Nation's Best-Selling Cigarette Brands.
2002 to 2009
Recruited by this Fortune 500 Company to represent the states of Connecticut, Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Determined key
demographic and executed appropriate program initiatives. Negotiated and analyzed reports, sales, budgets and contracts. Cooperated with the Alcohol Tobacco & Firearms Agency and passed all audits. Created and implemented promotional events.
• Due to success of the program, received Recognition Award for Leadership Ability.
• Organization of Focus Groups resulted in the production o new product
1998 to 2008
Farmington, Connecticut 1998-2008
Property Owners and Developers - Strong Experience in Commercial Property Acquisition, Development, and Management.
Efficiently managed the financial portfolio of both commercial and residential real estate properties. Managed financials for commercial and 2 multi-residential properties. P&L and balance sheet reconciliations monthly. AP and AR coordination. Posted and
balanced the General Ledger. Prepared, analyzed and reconciled month-end and year-end financial statements. Year-end tax working
papers preparation and reconciliation. Maintained documentation for compliance. Prepared audit documentation. Processed daily
banking, responsibility for wire transfers, deposits, opening and closing commercial accounts.
• Developed strong financial and accounting skills.
• Worked full-time in this role, working during the evenings for RJ Reynolds
1999 to 2002
Marketed products by the planning of multiple promotional events. Developed a strong market presence for the organization.
Directed the efforts of 50+ part-time project workers. Wrote and analyzed performance reports used by Executive Corporate
Management. Conducted in-depth market analyses, including on site interviews and surveys of patrons. Organized groups at venues across the country.
• Promoted to Program Manager, with authority over entire territory of Connecticut and Massachusetts
Bachelor of Science