Sunny Isles Beach, FL
EXPORT MANAGER ASSISTANT
2011 to Present
Responsible for the inspection and verification of export certificates for the sale of food and beverage products to cruise lines destined for the Caribbean and Europe. Liaison with USDA, USDC, and FDA inspectors for the verification and official approval of up between 15 and 40 certificates per day.
2008 to 2011
Led and managed the day-to-day operations of an outsourcing and distribution facility with compete responsible for all inventory and quality control functions for over 300,000 pounds of fresh tilapia per week. Oversaw all quality control functions including receiving, order fulfillment, dispatch, and storage of an inventory a monthly inventory valued at $5 million.
2007 to 2007
Directly responsible for the coordination of all warehouse and distribution functions for a high volume warehouse supplying product to eight store locations throughout the Miami airport. Responsible for the receiving, stacking, preparation, and dispatch of an inventory estimated at $6 million. Supervised a staff of seven.
2004 to 2006
Organized and coordinated the import and receipt of beauty and food products from Mexico, Spain, and Brazil, managing the planning, preparation, staging, and scheduling of distribution throughout the United States, utilizing EDI to document and track inventory levels and transactions. Supervised a staff of twelve. Maintained extensive communication with import personnel to ensure the proper documentation of all imports to ensure the seamless processing through customs processes. Experienced with ground and ocean transport of approximately $4 million in inventory per month, equaling 20 orders pr day.
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER
2000 to 2004
Led and managed import/export functions for the distribution and receipt of products from Argentina, Brazil, and Chile, travelling extensively throughout the countries to plan, develop, and execute corporate distribution strategies to sustain optimal supply chain operations and systems that align with current and future requirements.
1995 to 1999
Organized and oversaw the movement of product from production facility to ten distribution centers throughout Argentina; negotiated cost effective contracts with transportation companies to maximize transportation resources while minimizing costs associated with the transportation and storage of frozen and refrigerated food and produce. Increased staff productivity through the effective supervision and workflow planning for ten distribution center managers.
• Integral member of a task force charged with the planning and organization of a new distribution center from physical layout, equipment and systems requirements definition, and employee recruitment and hiring.
Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering
Post Graduate in Safety & Industrial Hygienic
• Supply Chain Operations
• Budget Management
• Staff Management
• Logistics Management
• Warehouse Design & Operations
• Sales Support
• Customer Service
• Process Development
• Fleet Management
• Hazardous Materials
• Material Handling Equipment
• Ability to utilize warehouse space with the planning of inventory location and storage for optimal efficiency of shipping and receiving operations.
• Knowledge of and experience in supply chain logistics including warehouse layout, inventory control, and inbound and outbound shipments.
• Experienced in the transportation and storage of refrigerated and frozen foods.
• Bilingual with fluency in Spanish and English. Knowledge of Portuguese.