To apply innovative and practical management strategies and to maximize educational efficiency and effectiveness. To utilize my base of knowledge and experience in the fields of education, public safety management, and law enforcement administration.
March 2011 to Present
* Aid Assistant District Attorneys for prosecution of criminal cases.
* Conducts criminal investigations
* Conducts crime scene investigations
* Collaborate with various law enforcement agencies and court services in the gathering and sharing of pertinent information for court functions.
Deputy Chief of Police
April 2008 to September 2009
Internal Affairs Unit Commander
* Directs all matters involving integrity within the DeKalb County Police Department
* Managed the investigations, training, and control of all professional conduct with the police department.
October 2007 to April 2008
* Commander of the East Precinct's day to day operation.
* Responsible for adequate staffing levels to address calls for service.
August 2006 to October 2007
* Implement strategies to apprehend wanted fugitives from justice for proper adjudication crime(s) committed.
* Coordinate efforts with the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the United States Marshal's Service in the apprehension of interstate and international fugitives of justice.
Police Lieutenant/Assistant Precinct Commander
July 2005 to August 2006
* Support Zone Commander during weekly crime meetings and conduct weekly internal meetings with supervisory personnel
* Liaison between the Deputy Chief's Office, Zone Commander and Watch Commanders during the disciplinary process
Police Lieutenant/Commander, Investigations
January 2005 to July 2005
* Manage accountability on all follow up of investigative leads
* respective duties within the unit.
Police Lieutenant / Watch Commander (Eve/Day)
March 2004 to October 2004
* Management of Patrol/Supervision functions of (35) subordinates
* Prepare and Present COMSTAT Crime Data for Command Staff
Police Sergeant / Day Watch Commander
March 2003 to March 2004
* Review and assign daily Robbery reports/crime trends to investigators
* Coordinate with Section Commanders on Crime Increases/Trends
Police Sergeant / Sector Supervisor
June 2000 to March 2003
* First-line supervisor for 8-10 patrol officers
* Prepare/Summit disciplinary packages of subordinate employees
Police Officer/Basic Patrolman
June 1988 to October 1995
Zones Two and Six
* Performed aggressive directed patrols in high crime targeted areas
* Enforced city and state law violations on drug arrests
* Conducted Park and Walks and Drop Ins of business on beat
* Attended Neighborhood Planning Unit meetings (NPU) weekly
* Performed Community Oriented Policing philosophy/strategies
* Promoted/Marketed police and community partnerships
* Red Dog Drug Task Force Team Leader
Unit Supply Specialist
January 1984 to January 1987
* Basic Training - Fort Jackson, S. C.
* Advance Individual Training - Fort Jackson, S. C.
* 17th Field Artillery Brigade - Augsburg, Germany
* HAWK Missile School NCO - Redstone Arsenal, AL.
* Primary Leadership Development Course - Fort Benning, GA.
* International Association of Chief's of Police
* Georgia Association of Chief's of Police
* Senior Management of the Institute of Police (PERF)
* Member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Incorporated
Doctor of Philosophy in Public Policy And Administration - Public Safety Management
2008 to 2013
Master's of Public Administration in Justice Administration
October 2004 to May 2006
Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
August 2002 to June 2004