Fort Worth, TX
Production Supervisor with 8 years of experience in manufacturing, production, quality, safety and cost control. Experience in using Lean manufacturing to reduce costs and streamline production processes and planning production schedules over multiple shifts. Practiced in ISO-9001 and AS9100. Focused on facilitating the creation of quality products to meet customers' expectations and achieve company goals.
September 2013 to Present
Prioritize jobs according to customer demands.
• Continuous drive to lower scrap costs from 30,000 a month to 5,000.
• Coordinate materials for repair of customer pumps and equipment.
• Coordinate labor utilization verses efficiency.
• Facilitate administrative needs for employees.
• Supervise and coordinate flow of jobs.
• Evaluate lean processes and approve minor purchases.
• Serve as a liaison between engineering and management.
• Create and maintain 6s audit forms on production floor.
August 2012 to September 2013
Maximize effectiveness of production team, equipment and materials to produce over 1,000 tons of glass between two float lines daily.
• Aid in start up of new float line to maximize business demands and held training courses for all new employees on operation and safety of new float line.
• Lead implementation of Kan Ban system in the materials handling area to help track min and max levels of inventory on hand (reduced on floor inventory costs by 40%).
• Knowledgeable in AS400.
• Follow lean principles 2E + 3e(extend process knowledge, establish process standards) and PDCA (root cause).
• Proven ability to supervise a team of 50+ employees over multiple shifts, including employee hiring and retention, performance review, coaching, counseling and corrective action.
• Knowledgeable in all processes and equipment functions, track and resolve labor timekeeping issues.
• Lead, participate in, and execute continuous improvement on production floor.
• Plan, organize and delegate work assignments to accommodate departmental schedules and to best utilize manpower and equipment.
Manufacturing Team Lead/Production Supervisor
December 2008 to August 2012
Set up production floor in U shape for lean process flow and responsible for lean activities on production floor.
• Led physical inventory in area of responsibility annually.
• Implemented Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI)on production line of responsibility on all mechanicals
• Assisted the manufacturing team to implement ISO-9001 certification and AS-9100 certification.
• Reduced kits to production floor by 75% which increased set ups for SMT(Surface Mount Technology) and trained associates on SMED.
• Reduced manufacturing scrap cost from 3% to less than .5% by eliminating attrition on kits.
• Improved First Pass Quality Yields from 85% to over 98% by certifying employees to J-STD and IPC and attacking top three defects.
• Knowledgeable of Oracle ERP systems.
• Increased inventory accuracy from 91% to over 98% by performing cycle counts with emphasis on high dollar parts.
• Improved manufacturing process by implementing lean concepts, (shadow boxing, red tag system) resulting in 25% reduction in hours per unit.
• Implemented Material Coordinator position on the manufacturing floor to control inventory and reduce aged WIP from over 100 days to less than 26 days.
• Responsible for five production lines that produced 30 million dollars annually.
• Worked with and understand the fundamentals of ROHS (restriction of hazardous substances).
September 2007 to December 2008
Operated SMT and PIH automated equipment to include conformal coating machine, Wave Solder, Selective Solder, Automated Optical Inspection (AOI), and 3D X-ray.
• Apply Lean concepts to include SMED techniques to improve SMT efficiency by 30%.
• Interpreted operation manuals for all related equipment to include the implementation of a preventative maintenance program.
• Observed meters, gauges, and indicator lights to ensure that soldering of PCB's conform to processing standards.
• Examined samples of soldered boards to detect substandard soldering.
• Assisted quality with FAI's (first article inspection).
• Experience and passion for continuous improvement, including Kaizen leadership and applying Lean principles.
• Worked with engineering to push for 2, 4, and 6 up panels to improve efficiency.
• Performed preventative maintenance on equipment utilizing equipment manuals.
Bachelor in Business Management
Associates of Arts