El Paso, TX
Field Engineer seeking position to fully utilize my work experience, skills, and training in a challenging work environment.
Fluent in English and Spanish
Proficient in Microsoft Office and Industry-Specific Software
Military Driver's License
Oil Field Operations
-Maintains assigned trucks, and related surface cabin equipment in accordance with operating specifications.
-Routinely welds, paints and refurbishes equipment.
-Conducts mechanical inspections.
-May use moderately complex diagnostic equipment.
-Review procedures for assembly, disassembly, and test verification accuracy. --Configure test stations and systems.
-Analyze and interpret data from environmental tests and troubleshoot equipment problems.
-Analytical ability to find solutions to difficult technical problems.
-Maintain records and schedules maintenance of equipment.
-Perform Inspection and disposition of parts and equipment.
-Compliance with HS&E policies and procedures.
-Handles special projects, as assigned.
September 2010 to December 2012 (2 years, 3 months)
FIELD ENGINEER Persistant Threat Detection SystemSep.2010-Present
LOCKHEED MARTIN Aerostat Tarin Kwot, Afghanistan
• Operates camera system, RF telemetry, SCADA system, fiber optic transmission system, video distribution, and computer terminals.
• Operates high lift vehicles and fork lifts, hydraulic, winch systems, tether handling systems, motor generator sets, power switch gear and general computer skills.
• Maintain hydralic winch systems, eletromechanical control system, high lift, fork lift vehicles, compressed gas system(helium), electrical power generator systems and accompanying switch equipment.
• Responsible in launch, recovery and flight support of aerostat and its associated equipment, interpretation of surveillancesystems, preventive and corrective maintance on all assigned electronic systems, operation of CLAW and JSWS work station.
• Conduct technical analysis of product implmentations, modifications and enhancement to product in accordance with specific customer specifications and implementations.
HEAVY MOBILE EQUIPMENT MECHANIC
March 2007 to December 2009 (2 years, 9 months)
-2 Balad, Iraq
• Provided sustainment work on a wide range of Military Tactical vehicles from HMMWV to HET's.
• Performed a variety of tasks from annual services to replacing major components such as engines, transmissions, transfer cases, cabs, brakes, hydraulic pumps, wiring harnesses and Modified Work Orders.
• Extensive knowledge of Fire Suppression Systems, such as AFES and MFES troubleshooting, installs and testing on M1114 and M1151.
• Installed and de-installed A/C systems including leak testing, leak repairs, system flushing, charging of MVAC systems, and electrical testing and diagnosing on M1114, M1151, HET, HEMTT, PLS, LMTV, and 915.
• Extensive knowledge of armor including kit installs and maintenance on O-GPK kits, FRAG 5 upgrade, FRAG 7 upgrade kits, HET, HEMTT, PLS, ASV, LMTV, and 915 armor upgrades.
• Performed services, repairs, overhauls, and end-items repair work on vehicles powered by internal combustion engines, diesel, or multi-fuel to include 5-ton HMMVVVs, HETs, LMTVs, PLs, 915s, and MRAPs.
• Executed overhaul and repair on engines, power transmissions, suspensions, and steering and braking systems; performed electrical, fuel, hydraulic, wheel, and engine assemblies.
• Maintained knowledge of armor to include kit installs, and maintenance o Excellent in using wire diagrams/schematics for troubleshooting and diagnosing electrical issues to include: Running continuity checks with the use of a voltmeter or powerprobe tool, measuring amp/ ohm tolerances on relays and equipment, rebuilding of cannon plugs, deutsch plugs, and various other plugs.
• Knowledgeable with ABS functions and troubleshooting.
• Knowledgeable in FEDLOG and AWRDS . proficient with Microsoft applications. (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Conducted in-progress inspections on vehicles in shop and worked with Quality Control to ensure vehicles are repaired to standard
December 2003 to March 2007 (3 years, 3 months)
• Repaired heavy equipment and weapons systems to include M998-1025s, A1s, A2s (HMMV), M925sm N932s, M985s, and cranes; fluent in the operations of LMTVs and MTVs.
• Perform maintenance on Air Conditioning systems to include: recovering, charging, leak testing, leak repairs, flushing of Air Conditioning system, changing of hoses, compressors, condensers, evaporators, fuses, and troubleshooting of electrical systems.
• Diagnosed source of malfunction and determined extent of repairs; executed functional tests using specialized testing equipment.
• Experienced with stripping wiring, crimping and solder pins, inserting pins, installing connectors on electrical cables, assembling electrical wiring and routes, and rebuilding and maintaining power equipment.
• Executed maintenance and repair operations on ACs; performed temporary duty (TDY) in Hawaii (Scott Field) and California (Ft Irwin).
May 2001 to December 2003 (2 years, 7 months)
• Responsible for the maintenance and repair of bulldozer and international dump trucks.
• Assisted in the construction, operation, and maintenance of a 10K Caterpillar; participated in the loading of truck trailers using Caterpillar; constructed a variety of heavy equipment using mechanical and welding skills
• Replaced transmissions, transfer cases, wheel seals, axle seals, oil pans, differentials, drum drives, hydraulic pumps and basic hardware.
• Experienced in trouble shooting and diagnosing electrical, brake, air, hydraulic and engine systems.
May 2001 to December 2003 (2 years, 7 months)
• Supervised team of 2 in the installation of commercial windows; accountable for the safe transport of windows and other materials; utilized full range of power tools; complied with OSHA safety standards.
• Participated in the installation of windows for Foley's and the UTEP Sun Stadium Gym.
2001 to 2003
1997 to 2001
Vocational in Automotive Technology
1997 to 1998