Dedicated and results-driven business professional with extensive experience managing staff, developing strategic / tactical plans, and driving revenue growth. A reputation for outstanding service and creative problem solving.
AREAS OF STRENGTH AND EXPERTISE
• Cost Reduction Strategies
• Process Improvement
• Staffing Review
• Revenue Generation
• Operational Startup
• Capital Justification
• Implementation of New Service Models
• Project Management
• Construction / Design Oversight
Director, Hospitality Services
2009 to Present
Director of support services for a multi-site operation to include a 427 licensed bed hospital, transitional care, business office, and medical office buildings. Overall responsibility for the Hospitality Services division which includes food service, clinical nutrition, Starbucks licensed store, environmental services, and laundry processing & distribution. Managed volume of $4 million in revenues, total budgets up to $10 million, and managed a staff exceeding 240 FTE’s.
• Proven performer growing sales revenues to multi-million dollar levels and achieving cost-savings initiatives by reducing overhead. Experience in purchasing/inventory control/budgeting, with a reputation for dedication, creative problem solving and outstanding service.
• Developed food & nutrition operations that have become nationally recognized for excellence.
• Direct responsibility for Food & Nutrition, Clinical Nutrition, Environmental Services / Grounds, and the Laundry Processing & Linen Distribution Divisions.
• Integral leader in the overall design of Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare’s new main campus. Managed the programming, schematic design, design development, construction, and operational phases of food service program.
• Implemented cost reduction & revenue generation initiatives to ensure the net costs of operating division met the top quartile.
• Implemented new programs and services, which significantly improved HCAHPS outcomes. Patient experience scores relating to overall satisfaction and cleanliness of room / bathroom are continually exceeding the top quartile.
• Recipient of the Presidential Award for Management Excellence.
• Responsible for new campus opening – June 2011
• Led multiple projects for EMHC’s new main campus which included the Room Service Conversion, New Campus Delivery, and Retail Experience teams.
Director, Food, Nutrition, and Laundry Services
2004 to 2009
Promoted four times over twelve-year tenure. Director of food service, clinical nutrition, and laundry processing / distribution. Responsibilities include multi-site management up to $2.5 million in revenues and total budgets up to $9.0 million, staffing level management up to 100 FTE’s.
• Accountable for the food and nutrition, laundry and linen, and three retail food service divisions.
• Acted as the liaison between the Illinois Department of Public Health, DuPage County Health Department, and Joint Commission surveyors.
• Justified, designed, co-led the construction management, and transferred operations to a new 15,000 square foot state of the art laundry facility.
• Reorganized EMHC’s Laundry operations into a for-profit business resulting in revenue opportunities to recover the costs of linen processing for the healthcare system.
• Performed Administrator-on-Call (AOC) functions ensuring executive level administrator access 24 hours per day.
• Over three-year period, reduced net costs of food service division by 5% through an emphasis of revenue generation and expense reduction.
1999 to 2004
• Accountable for the daily food, beverage, and laundry operations.
• Supervised, evaluated, and hired unit managers to ensure quality food service, excellent customer service, secure / accurate cash management, and appropriate inventory levels.
• Initiated new business ventures and commenced operations at the Elmhurst Memorial Center for Health and Business Operations Center Café.
• Improved customer satisfaction levels above the 75th percentile through developing new processes and management accountability.
• Selected by Organizational Development to provide customer service classroom training to organizational staff.
1996 to 1999
• Supervised food production, retail, and patient food divisions.
• Planned, organized, and managed catered events for staff and guests of the organization assuring quality, timeliness, and the highest level of presentation.
• Responsible for food purchasing and maintaining appropriate inventory levels.
• Managed the retail food service division with sales over $1,000,000.
1992 to 1996
Food Service Coordinator
Masters (MBA) in Finance
Bachelor of Science in Hotel & Restaurant Management
Associate in Arts in Liberal Arts
MS Excel, Word, Project, and PowerPoint
Presidential Award for Management Excellence
Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare's health system 2010 Presidential Award for Management Excellence, an honor presented annually to an individual who has demonstrated excellence as a leader and whose dedication has made a difference in the organization and the lives of the patients it serves.
Culinary Competition Gold Medal Recipient – Association for Healthcare Foodservice (AHF)
Culinary Competition was in New Orleans, Louisiana during the 2013 annual conference. Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare competed against four teams, prepared, and assembled an original creative recipe using the featured product from the sponsor Basic American Foods.
Foodservice Equipment & Supplies 2013 Facility Design Project of the Year Winner
– Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare earned a second honorable mention and was the only healthcare facility receiving an award.
Illinois Department of Public Health Food Service Sanitation Certification
Certified Master Scuba Diver
Association for Healthcare Foodservice (AHF):
• National Association – 2015 National Conference Co-Chair, Past Marketing Committee Chair, Advocacy Committee Chair, and Education Committee Member.
• Chicago - Midwest Chapter – Current Chapter President and Past Board Member.
Association for the Healthcare Environment (AHE)
Association for Linen Management (ALM)