Corporate ISO/Quality Manager
January 2008 to Present
Interim Quality Manager of the Decatur Manufacturing Facility- -Oversees the quality department which consists of
2 Manufacturing Engineers, 3 Quality Analysts, 13 Quality Auditors, Salvage Area and Fab/Paint area.
-Interpret, Develop, Implement, & Monitor the ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System with Divisional and Facility Managers throughout the organization.
-Champions the ISO 9001:2008 implementation process by providing company wide training at all levels within the organization.
-Develop and manage shifts of multiple Process Audit Techniques.
-Investigate, coordinate, assign and facilitate corrective/preventive actions through departmental managers. Monitor effectiveness of corrective/preventive actions taken, inclusive of trend tracking metrics.
-Monitor effectiveness of implemented Quality Management systems through defined measurable Quality Objectives. Oversee, maintain, and improve the company's ISO 9001:2008 program.
-Assist in process mapping concepts and tools for creating effective documentation. Support divisional and facility managers process integration efforts.
-Provides technical assistance in the development of process sequence and interaction, work instruction and procedural flow charts.
-Assists with the APQP and FMEA process
Manager and Sales Consultant
November 2001 to April 2008
Oversees the operations of a 93 lot mobile home community
• Consults people on the contract for deed purchasing of the homes
• Responsible for lease and contract signing and to ensure all rules are followed
• Responsible for any court proceedings needed
• Manages the 40 unit self storage facility and outside storage facility
Health Safety & Environment (HSE), Production Coordinator
August 2004 to November 2007
Set up and maintained the Environmental and Safety system
• Conducts training on Haz Mat, Lock out / tag out, MSDS, new hiring safety training, forklift trainer, & all other environmental and safety training requirements • Oversees the recycling program
• Sets up TCSA requirements when needed
• Chairperson on the Safety Committee
• Assists in incident / accident investigation
• Administers random drug screening
• Supervises the trainers
• Assists with the operation, interaction between supervisors and the operation manager
• Monitored the Office, Janitorial, Safety, & Environment budget
• Leads the ISO14001:2004 audits
• Assists the Quality dept in conducting TS 16949:2002 internal audits as needed
Customer Service Representative
November 2005 to March 2006
Responsibilities included but not limited to answering the telephone and assisting with collections of monies due on account.
August 2000 to August 2004
Assisted with the set-up and implementation of the Quality system for the QS9000 and most recently the TS16949.
• Monitored everyday quality operations on the production floor, including setting up SPC data sheets, doing CPK's, lab testing as required.
• Completed all calibrations and set up calibration program on measuring equipment used
• Assisted in the Quality Systems audits
• Conducted internal audits of the Quality system
• Handles all supplier non-conformities along with issuing and follow-up of the 8-D - Corrective action.
• Responsible for all Customer required validation and verification testing
• Assisted with PPAP requirements, doing dimensional layout of product.
• Set up the Gage Trac system for calibration and gage R & R
• Conducts all the Quality training to the associate as needed
• Set-up and maintained receiving inspection records
• Overseen the Quality Inspectors
• Completed dock audits as necessary
• Controlled the Visual Aid system used in production
• Assisted with APQP, DOE needs
• Pro-Active and Reactive visits done at the customer sites
• Active participant on Kaizens for new and existing business
• Assisted with the relocation of the facility from Normal to the Bloomington location
March 1998 to August 2000
Supervised approximately 75 production associates on the second shift
• Overseen the Business Unit Leaders
• Managed & Coordinated production activities
• Set up Kan Ban system and ensured the proper usage of the system
• Maintained training and employee records
• Monitored shipping requirements
• Scheduled overtime when necessary
• Handled any disciplinary actions that were needed
• Back up for Shipping and Receiving for the off shift
• Completed all data collections forms as required by the Operation Manager
Customer Service Representative
June 1997 to March 1998
Duties included keeping a pro-active visitation schedule with customers, which consisted of SIA, Mitsubishi, DaimlerChrysler, including Viper, General Motors.
• Assisted the Quality Manager with customer concerns and any spill associated with the brake tube assemblies.
• Was available to the customer for any new product launches to ensure everything was kicked off smoothly.
February 1995 to June 1997
on second shift
• Assisted with the PPAP, APQP, & DOE process
• Maintained the calibration and SPC programs by using and setting up the Gage Trac system
• Assisted with the dimensional layout of the brake lines
• Assisted with the 8D process whether internal or external
• Assisted with trouble shooting and brainstorming of customer concerns regarding possible non-conformities with the brake tubes.
August 1994 to February 1995
Worked as a machine operator in the assembly and manufacturing for brake tubes
• Ran power benders
• Operated presses
• Assisted in the packing and shipping of the product.
Special Skills / Training
DOT Hazardous Material Training
Intercept Collector Certification (Drug Screening)
Global 8D training (1999)
Power Point 2002 Level 1 and level 2 training
Excel 2002 Level 1 training
Certified Fork Truck Trainer
Microsoft Project 2003 Level 1 training