To obtain a position in a growing company that will enable me to use my strong organizational skills, educational experiences and ability to work well with people.
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Bilingual Workers Compensation Paralegal
June 2016 to Present
Client interaction. Drafting correspondence to all parties. Communication with the carriers and Workers Compensation Board. Hearing preparation. Working alongside attorneys for case preparations and updates. Translation when needed. File maintenance.
March 2015 to Present
Responsible for organizing case files and addressing any issues that come up with particular cases, such as ensuring that attorney-client relationships do not interfere with other ongoing cases. Additional duties include organizing and completing necessary documentation, accounts payable, monitoring case statuses, answering client questions and referring them to the attorney if necessary, and scheduling attorney/client meetings. Meeting with clients and completing interviews before taking on a case. Other responsibilities are, but not limited to Office and Building Management. Ensuring that the building and tenants needs are met; communicating with the facilities manager/handyman. Ordering office and kitchen supplies when needed.
Assisting with translating our brochures from English to Spanish.
Bilingual Retention Representative
May 2014 to Present
Responsible for retaining current membership by assisting members with the completion and processing of government health program applications. Respond to all inquiries regarding the application process from both new and existing members and strives to meet daily production metrics designed to achieve higher membership retention. Outreach to members and non-members. Working events to obtain new members and establish relationships with members.
Bilingual Customer Service Representative
May 2013 to Present
Communication with Medicaid recipients. Ensuring that each member receives outstanding Customer Service by providing a friendly and informative phone call, which includes, correct benefit explanations, providing correct contact information as well as directing them to the proper directions to solve their inquiries . Updating member contact information as well as detailed phone notes. Assist members in Benefit card request as well as personal information updates in the software systems. Frequent communication with Department of Health, Local Department of Social Services, Department of Human Resources in New York City, call center Manager and Supervisors regarding individual member cases that may have issues.
Customer Service, Bilingual, Computer Software
Assistant to Church Administrator and Pastors
April 2012 to Present
Head of Ministry Media
• Create and Maintain Monthly and Weekly Power Point Presentation
• Administrative Duties
Beauty Specialist/Softlines Associate
October 2011 to Present
Communicating with vendors regarding merchandise and store set-up displays.
• Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
• Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
• Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance, and housekeeping
• Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise and monitoring floor stock.
• Aid customers in locating merchandise.
• Communicate customer requests to management.
• Assist in completing price changes within the department.
• Assist in ringing up sales at registers and/or bagging merchandise.
• Any other tasks as assigned from time to time by any manager.
Freelance Spanish Interpreter
October 2007 to Present
New York, New York
• Travel to various offices, to translate English to Spanish and Spanish to English for clients
Patient Service Representative/Translator
January 2012 to April 2012
Seton Health Clifton Park, New York
• Answer patient inquiries about billing, procedures, policies and available services.
• Deal with complaints; act as a liaison between patients and insurance companies, and facilitates communication between patients and doctors, medical staff and administrative staff.
• Provide patient referrals, distribute paperwork and make calls to patients to remind them of bills coming due and submitting bills to insurance companies and patients.
November 2010 to April 2011
TASC of Albany Albany, New York
• Ensure the safety of the residents
• Mentor the residence.
• Provide Counseling when needed to residents.
• Ensure that the program and house criteria and requirements are met by the residence.
• Complete necessary paper work for the residence and residents.
• Issue Drug Test and study the results
Assistant Coach for daughters' Softball Teams
April 2004 to 2010
• Player Agent
• Detail Oriented
• Highly Organized and able to Prioritize Effectively
• Self-Motivated Professional
November 2007 to August 2008
Family of Woodstock, Inc. Hudson, New York
• Billing and accounts payable
• Public interaction.
• Application reviews and recertification
• Interaction with various other departments, organizations and agencies
• Office related and Administrative Assistant Duties
• Assisting with translation of English/Spanish and Spanish/English
• Interviewing potential clients
• Data entry
• Creating charts
• Some traveling
• Billing and research
• Assist clients to complete and file of court petitions
Senior Court Office Assistant
November 2006 to October 2007
Columbia County Family Court Hudson, New York
• Assist with answering the main switchboard
• Assisting and interacting with the public and local agencies
• Entering and docketing family court petitions
• Assisting the Court Clerks in and out of the court room
• Pulling court calendars and printing, faxing and distributing throughout the court house and local agencies
• Checking GroupWise and UCMS for any corrections that may be needed
• Order entries, and preparing and creating Orders
Associate Degree in Paralegal
2013 to 2014
Master of Science
2010 to 2011
Bachelors of Science in Criminal Justice of Administration
2004 to 2009
• Fluent in Spanish
• Interpersonal & Self Starter
• Type 35 / 40 wpm
• Microsoft Office
• Proficient of Social Media
• Word Perfect
• Child Care Family System
• Relay Health
• Communication Skills